There are 150 users in the forums

Clearly you all want Alex gone but who is next...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Parys and Manny Lawson!!!!!

You're an idiot. Manny is one of our better players on defense.

I would keep Manny. They need to do so. You can drop off a lot more than him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I would keep Manny. They need to do so. You can drop off a lot more than him.

Yep, but we definitely need another olb to bookend him.
Every DB on the team except Spencer, Adams, and Mays.

Chilo Rachal has got to go. Norris can carry his bags for him. Haralson and Bowman can also go. Haralson is too slow and Bowman is a penalty waiting to happen. Troy Smith and Carr shouldn't even be playing in this league.

What ever!!!! Both Brooks and LaBoy are better then him. PLUS he wants to get $$$ more then he is worth. Sorry Manny!!!! See you next year when the Seahawks sign you.

[ Edited by greywolf447 on Dec 26, 2010 at 22:20:29 ]

What ever!!!! Both Brooks and LaBoy are better then him. PLUS he want to get $$$ more then he is worth. Sorry Manny!!!! See you next year when the Seahawks sign you.

what are you smoking? Manny Lawson is one of the best OLB in the league. There are not many LB that can set the edge and cover a TE like he can.
Alex Smith.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Heitmann -- he was good for a while, but now he's got a broken left leg, right leg, and neck injury on his record here. It's time to upgrade.

Rachal -- I can't count how many times Chilo just looks bewildered out there, as if he has no clue what to do. Sometimes he really does just do nothing, and lets linemen run free at the QB. We cannot afford to have a new franchise QB with torn shoulders again.

Sims -- too old, it's over.

Norris -- see above.

Baas -- Two horrific, costly snaps this season; one for a safety, one into the dirt for a huge loss at a critical point in the game. Add concussion after concussion among other injuries, and it's time he leaves.

Clements -- Where the frick did your instincts go? When your safety is setting up to make a pick, why the EFF would you smash into the receiver like a straight-up imbecile? You never look back for the ball, you play 10-15 yards off of players far slower than you. Double moves beat you 99% of the time. You're entering your 12th season. It's time to go.

Goldson -- You can hit, but you can't cover, and when you miss.. you miss bad. We can't have that.

Haralson -- You should be traded to a 4-3 team. You're better just rushing off the edge for the brief burst you have. After that, you can't even run down a fullback. If you can, you'll just whiff on the tackle.

Carr - You suck. Nothing more needs to be said.

That's about right as far as a list.

This pretty much sums up for me. Add to the list:

-Shawntae Spencer: still making stupid mistakes, still not a very good tackler, and it's still a bit of an adventure from time to time watching him try and locate the ball...still. If he's going to be someone our young guys are looking to as an on-field model, then I think he sets a bad example. We're trying to turn down the suck, not promote it through tolerance.

-Abrayo Franklin: can't sign his contract and show up to camp on time=kick rocks you big fat fatty. He'd be dynamite in a 4-3, but we're loaded at DT. Don't need a fat ass over valued slacker on our team. He can go somewhere in the division as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't deserve what he'll be asking for anyway and I'd love to see a division rival over pay.

-Reggie Smith: if you can't tackle, you can't play defense.

-our fat ass kicker: we don't need a creepy alcoholic wingman kicking our FG's.

-our old ass kicker: whatever. It's the least of our problems right now and Joe probably won't be here by the time we're good again. He makes quite a bit for a kicker with one bad wheel.
^ LOL, I like that post.

-9fA
  • dj43

What ever!!!! Both Brooks and LaBoy are better then him. PLUS he wants to get $$$ more then he is worth. Sorry Manny!!!! See you next year when the Seahawks sign you.
It obviously isn't the money as the 49ers have not even presented an offer to him.

Every team needs an OLB that can cover like Lawson. It the 49ers let him walk, he will have 8-10 teams bidding for him and he will be deep in the bank. As it stands, one of the big jobs the new HC will have is trying to convince Manny to stay. Given how poorly he has been treated, it may not be an easy job.
make Clements a safety, he is already under contract and he plays so far off the line that he kinda already is one. plus, i know my name says his name but Goldson just gots to go. watching our secondary is like have my eyeballs raped. a whole lot needs to change with this team and hopefully we are heading in that direction.

Patrick Peterson 1st round and Kellen Moore 2nd-3rd...

[ Edited by IstruckG0LDS0N on Dec 26, 2010 at 22:27:28 ]

Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Other then Willis and Vd they can all f off.

You would dump a healthy Gore?

i would, trade bait

Gore and our #1 for Carolina's #1.

i like the sound of that except the getting rid of gore part. and the fact that carolina has two great RB's already.
I know he's a rookie but Anthony Davis can go too.
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Heitmann -- he was good for a while, but now he's got a broken left leg, right leg, and neck injury on his record here. It's time to upgrade.

Rachal -- I can't count how many times Chilo just looks bewildered out there, as if he has no clue what to do. Sometimes he really does just do nothing, and lets linemen run free at the QB. We cannot afford to have a new franchise QB with torn shoulders again.

Sims -- too old, it's over.

Norris -- see above.

Baas -- Two horrific, costly snaps this season; one for a safety, one into the dirt for a huge loss at a critical point in the game. Add concussion after concussion among other injuries, and it's time he leaves.

Clements -- Where the frick did your instincts go? When your safety is setting up to make a pick, why the EFF would you smash into the receiver like a straight-up imbecile? You never look back for the ball, you play 10-15 yards off of players far slower than you. Double moves beat you 99% of the time. You're entering your 12th season. It's time to go.

Goldson -- You can hit, but you can't cover, and when you miss.. you miss bad. We can't have that.

Haralson -- You should be traded to a 4-3 team. You're better just rushing off the edge for the brief burst you have. After that, you can't even run down a fullback. If you can, you'll just whiff on the tackle.

Carr - You suck. Nothing more needs to be said.

That's about right as far as a list.

This pretty much sums up for me. Add to the list:

-Shawntae Spencer: still making stupid mistakes, still not a very good tackler, and it's still a bit of an adventure from time to time watching him try and locate the ball...still. If he's going to be someone our young guys are looking to as an on-field model, then I think he sets a bad example. We're trying to turn down the suck, not promote it through tolerance.

-Abrayo Franklin: can't sign his contract and show up to camp on time=kick rocks you big fat fatty. He'd be dynamite in a 4-3, but we're loaded at DT. Don't need a fat ass over valued slacker on our team. He can go somewhere in the division as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't deserve what he'll be asking for anyway and I'd love to see a division rival over pay.

-Reggie Smith: if you can't tackle, you can't play defense.

-our fat ass kicker: we don't need a creepy alcoholic wingman kicking our FG's.

-our old ass kicker: whatever. It's the least of our problems right now and Joe probably won't be here by the time we're good again. He makes quite a bit for a kicker with one bad wheel.

Since when are we "loaded at DT"????? I didn't know that RJF="LOADED"
Originally posted by backontop:

What ever!!!! Both Brooks and LaBoy are better then him. PLUS he want to get $$$ more then he is worth. Sorry Manny!!!! See you next year when the Seahawks sign you.

what are you smoking? Manny Lawson is one of the best OLB in the league. There are not many LB that can set the edge and cover a TE like he can.

The dude has underachieved since he has been drafted. YES he is above average in his coverage skills, but only average in the rest of his game. He wants to get paid more then Calvin Pace. I am sorry but I don't want to pay a OLB in a 34 D that can't get to the QB consistently, that kind of money. IF he drops his price thats a different story. But typically OLB in a 34 both need to apply pressure on the QB!!! That is one of Manny's short comings. I think off the top of my head he had 6 sack all of last year. Not worth the $$$$!!!

[ Edited by greywolf447 on Dec 26, 2010 at 22:34:24 ]
Haralson for sure, probably Rachal too, Clements please gtfo

let Goldson walk, I wouldn't mind keeping Manny but I think he walks

cut Morgan or demote him to a #3/4 receiver
Share 49ersWebzone