LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

Phillip Adams injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone hear how bad Phillip Adams injury is???
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Bad enough To not show a replay
He broke his ankle per this article but it was ugly looking - I though it was something much worse.

Link
Sucks he shows slight promise as a return man or CB. He has been burnt a few times but still looks better in coverage than nate.
it's all good it's not like we're in the playoffs so he can get a week head start on the recovery process.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
hope he gets better soon
Originally posted by fly15:
hope he gets better soon
Originally posted by fly15:
hope he gets better soon

EXACTLY
when you see the air cast coming out it is not a good thing
Well if its the ankle then it's a little better than the knee which i originally thought he broke. I seen his leg look weird live so i rewinded it to see what happened and someone caught his leg from behind when he wasn't looking. Hope for a speedy recovery from him. Sucks that it happened at all but even more on the second to last game of the year.

I hope he is okay. Whether he is good for next season or not, I still wish he is good..
anyone got a link with the replay?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Well if its the ankle then it's a little better than the knee which i originally thought he broke. I seen his leg look weird live so i rewinded it to see what happened and someone caught his leg from behind when he wasn't looking. Hope for a speedy recovery from him. Sucks that it happened at all but even more on the second to last game of the year.

I hate to be a grammar nazi but its "saw" not "seen" and "rewound" not "rewinded"
You somehow managed to nail two of my pet peeves in one sentence so I felt compelled to speak up.

[ Edited by modninerfan on Dec 27, 2010 at 02:20:29 ]
It didn't look that nasty but, I'm sure if we had another angle shot it would look worse. Zoners were claiming his leg "bent in half blah blah" and when I found the replay I realized they were just lying. Philip Adam's injury sucked and you could see his foot/ankle point too far to the left on his leg. It wasn't overly nasty and I have seen much worse breaks/tears replayed on TV.

[ Edited by Ajanke on Dec 27, 2010 at 05:41:53 ]
I missed the replay and just got back to the tv in time to see him being carted off - sounds like it was ugly though, hope he can recover well in time to compete in the offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone