LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

POLL: If Alex had started the Rams game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: If Alex had started the Rams game...

we might not have won, but we wouldnt have given up that retarded safety.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
53% of you are very entertaining... Alex sucks, period... He proved it once again with several costly mistakes near the end of the game (i.e. fumble, and taking a sack)

Which were nothing compared to the mistakes Troy made. Puhlease.

Yoou coulld speculate on Alex's success as much as you could speculate if Troy could have won the game for them, had he finished the game?

Speculation, that is all it is. Alex's history would support that he would come up just short to lose the game. Troy's history in close games is quite the opposite.

Alex Smith and his fanboys - all they have are bunch of "what ifs" despite the actual evidence that's staring them in the face.

Why are "what ifs" irrelevant in sports? Because EVERYBODY CAN HAVE A WHAT IF.

I'm sure Texans fans had a bunch of what if's for David Carr too.

Too bad, success is determined by what ifs because Alex would be the greatest QB ever.
i love how the zoners are is state of deniel , Alex sucks , never was never will be , Troy is s**t also . with our OL no one can throw s**t behind it ,

We need a coach that can coach and GM that can bring in players not divas or players think they are good and they sucks .

Alex Sucks

fire Sing and letting alex go is a good start !
53% of you are very entertaining... Alex sucks, period... He proved it once again with several costly mistakes near the end of the game (i.e. fumble, and taking a sack)

53% is a lot higher than troy smiths completion %...
For reals playuhz? Who effing cares? Everyone winz here. Sing gets a nice severance package for sucking, and just GTFO of here, Alex fanboiz get to see their boy move on and probably become a decent QB and feel vindicated, haters don't have to see him on the team no more, and the rest of us get a GM, hopefully a real coach who will bring in coaches to replace the myths we've gown accustomed to calling coaches and a better pick. Let the players coach themselves next week cuz that seems to be whats been goin on this season anyway.
We win by a small margin, 1-3 points.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We win by a small margin, 1-3 points.

Yoou coulld speculate on Alex's success as much as you could speculate if Troy could have won the game for them, had he finished the game?

Speculation, that is all it is. Alex's history would support that he would come up just short to lose the game. Troy's history in close games is quite the opposite.

Well to be fair..if we are going "on history" then Alex would have beat the Rams with some success. He's always had decent games against the Rams.

I'm not arguing in favor Alex but just trying to use your point. Its not like we were playing the Patriots. It was the Rams. Alex has the most experience playing the Rams out of any QB on our roster. Would he have won? Don't know.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Well to be fair..if we are going "on history" then Alex would have beat the Rams with some success. He's always had decent games against the Rams.

I'm not arguing in favor Alex but just trying to use your point. Its not like we were playing the Patriots. It was the Rams. Alex has the most experience playing the Rams out of any QB on our roster. Would he have won? Don't know.

Nobody knows, but what is Alex's history on bringing his team back from being down 8 points and winning? Troy has 6 starts for us and has done it twice, where he didn't get the chance for a comeback today. 2 out of 5 is much better chance than Alex's supposed success against the Rams, even though his record against them is fairly good.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553075-mike-singletary-sells-out-alex-smith-to-the-bitter-end
Poor kid, top 5 D and he can't get the start vs the rams. I'm glad Sing is axed.

• vaden
  • Veteran
No doubt we'd have beaten the Rams, not like it would be any accomplishment. They didn't play well at all and are even worse than their record indicates. All we needed to win this game was a QB who could make the easy throws and complete just half his passes. Alas, that's way too much to ask of Troy.
Can we stop with this nonsense now? Alex won't be here after next Sunday, so let's move on from that topic.
I think we still would have lost.

-9fA
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

53% is a lot higher than troy smiths completion %...
  • dj43

The 49ers had 5 guys blocking 4 Rams and couldn't even give him 3 seconds...and how is that Alex' fault? Chris Long runs right around Anthony Davis for a strip sack. AD didn't even slow him down. OL protection was spotty all game long.

Once again, if you only watch the guy with the ball in his hands you miss out on all the rest of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone