- 49ers wouldn't have a pass-rush despite delivering sacks last season. Sacks and pressure are two different things. The 49ers don't get pressure on every down. thats what some of us are talking about the whole day...the majority only thinks about our DB.
- Manny Lawson is still a marginally average player who doesn't have the speed to chase down opposing QBs. Today was a perfect example when a rook QB roles out despite being chased and throws a strike for a TD. lawson should play on the left side...everyone knows that guy isnt a pass-rusher at all.
- 49ers shouldn't have started two rookies on the OL. I said this emphatically that starting Davis at RT was a huge mistake. We should have asked Staley to play RT and have Sims play LT. I've said this all season despite catching a lot of flack here. However, Staley seems to be quite fragile and has solidified the "average" status to me. We should have benched Chilo Rachal. 1.yes, rachal should have been benched.
2.sims is ok but staley is better...
3.IIRC davis wasnt that bad today...he played a horrible game against long in the previous rams-game.
- Ted Ginn would have an offensive/ST impact. Ginn was okay on ST, but for the most part, he's been really bad. what do u expect? that he will return a kick/punt for a TD every game? he didnt fumble a lot/at all and tried sth...it's more than enough, imo. as if every nfl-team has outstanding returners. what about joshua cribbs? didnt hear anything from him this season...
- Alex Smith yes, he isnt our franchise qb but he wasnt that bad...troy was worse.
- Mike Solari having a better influence over Mike Singletary about who should be on the OL. It was clear Snyder was beating out Rachal in camp. Davis wasn't ready but still forced to play. ok
Originally posted by matt49er:
DB severely needing an upgrade (why I want a vet QB like Kolb, McNabb and a 1st round CB)
1.kolb is overrated.
2.just b/c he isnt a rookie anymore, it doesnt mean that he is a vet due to starter experience...that guy is overrated.
[ Edited by communist on Dec 26, 2010 at 19:07:29 ]
Offense would suck because you can base an offense around a dive play
No Pass Rush
Sing would get fired
Goldston would suck
Rachel would be the worst G in the league (my opinion and he lived up to it)
Alex would have a good year Willis would be DPOTY god he sucked this year
Mays would be an impact player
Franklin would be ok even after sitting out of camp.
Ginn would be a decent WR
ummm... if you consider this season a bad one for Willis then i'm fine with that 128 tackles, 6sacks (Career high), and 2 ff. that is a better season than many LB's ever have
Maybe your fine with him getting pushed back 5 yards before he gets the guy down or him getting burned then chasing guys down to make a tackle 10 yards later but not me. No ones scared of him anymore. They run right at him and pick up 6 or 7 yards per carry. He lost too much weight in the off season and got faster but has lost his ability to blow up FBs. Im tired of seeing him getting pwned by slow goofy FBs. He needs to hit the weight room in the offseason and put his 10 lbs back on.
I was COMPLETELY WRONG WITH MIKE SINGLETARY AS OUR HEAD COACH. I believed would be different than Mike Nolan...This whole season shown me how wrong I was. To the Faithful on the webzone that I would argue with over Sing's coaching ability, You were right & now will accept my:
MEDIUM-WELL SINGLETARY SUCKS CROW.
I STILL BELIEVE IN (MOST OF) OUR PLAYERS...But I know that changes have to be made. But WE NEED A BETTER COACHING STAFF BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.
-I thought Sing would be an okay head coach.
-Expected to finish 9-7
-Goldson would grow on his performance from last year
-Manny would finally turn into a good pass rusher
-Our OL would be good by season's end
-Alex Smith is average at best
-Our defense is overrated
-AD is raw and likely to have growing pains (not sure why everyone expected the opposite)
I was probably wrong about more, but that is the majority of items...
This fan site is dedicated to the 49ers and their fans. It is in no way affiliated with the NFL or any of its teams. All teams and players mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of the NFL. The use of any team names, words, trademarks, logos or photos have been used for descriptive purposes only. The content and information from other sites is the property of their respective owners. Player and team photos used with permission from USA TODAY Sports Images.