There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers have dumb talent.

Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Niners99:
i cant believe we gave Clements 80 mil. he sucks so bad.

how many big plays has he blown for us? plays like today where he didnt bother to turn his head. he knew he had a S in position to make the pick, or at least bat it down, and he just comes flying in and crashes into the WR. totally unnecessary. a mistake a rookie would make. come on. it changed the momentum for the game.

and then obviously against ATL. he picks the ball off to seal the win, and hes dancing around in the tacklers trying to score, doesnt protect the football at all while Roddy White chases him down and swats the ball right out. that was a win that he literally cost us himself. out of pure idiocy.

same thing like last season with Dre Bly high-stepping at the 50 yd line and having the ball punched out. correct me if im wrong, but wasnt that against those same Falcons, and wasnt it Roddy White who punched it out again?

i cant understand why professionals make these mistakes. all theyve done their whole lives was play football. how do you make those mental mistakes? how dumb are you? you can criticize coaching for discipline, but if a long time veteran CB doesnt have the common sense to protect the football and know the situation, he isnt going to change. we need to shed our team of all the players who make dumb mistakes. Ted Ginn not getting out of bound immediately after the catch to end the game today is completely inexcusable. how do you not know the situation???

this team....ugh.

Ok I have really had enough of this stupid hate towards Clements. 1 - We gave Clements 80 million, why? Because he was the BEST available at the time, and we had to overpay a bit because the team sucks. Would you have preferred they signed someone else? Maybe had a 6th round pick start instead? No - then you just would have bit@#ed that the 49ers don't spend money on players.

As to the "Clements single handedly cost us that Atlanta game"...really? Well if he doesn't make that INT, then Atlanta still has the ball anyway. So he didn't cost us the game, he just didn't save us the game like it looked like he was going to. You blame a 49ers defender for trying to do something with the ball - first off, it's called instinct. Secondly, HAVE YOU SEEN THE 49ERS OFFENSE?? yes all they had to do was kneel down, but when you're a defender that has played a TON of minutes because your offense has been pathetic the last couple of YEARS - you feel like you need to do something when the opportunity presents itself.

Good TEAMS don't put themselves into a position where one mistake by one player will cost them the win.

Well, you may have had enough of the talk but anytime you pay a man that much money, he has to play to that standard or be called out. He plays great run support and covers well on 80 percent of the plays but he gets beat quite a bit and gives up the big play way too oftern for his status on our team. Sorry, but he did cost us the Atlanta game, we win if he just falls down.

I do agree that we win and lose as a team and that one player is not responsible for wins/loses. Like the original post stated, we have way too many players making stupid penalties and or plays within a given game, which all contribute to our problems. We are not coached well enough and our players are not talented enough to overcome these self inflicted wounds.

Here's hoping that a new GM, HC and coordinators bring a new attitude and sense of purpose to this team. Its been hard to watch this team play like this all year and glad that changes are coming@

A player is only as good as he is. Period. More money doesn't make them run faster or jump higher. The 49ers chose to overpay him. You can't blame Clements for the contract he was given, and he can't put on a cape and learn to fly just because a team gave him $80 million. So if someone has expectations of a player based on the money he is making, instead of the career stats he's put up, well that's just dumb.

And yes, we would have won the Atlanta game if Clements hadn't fumbled. We also probably would have still lost if he hadn't made the INT to begin with. We also probably would have won if the offense hadn't gone scoreless for the "last" 54 minutes of the game...
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Adman:
The biggest issue with the 49ers roster is that it is filled with a bunch of talented players who just play dumb. They make stupid penalties all the time.

Nate Clements is a decent corner but he is DUMB! The pass interference penalty today on a ball that we clearly were going to intercept. Turn your head around you idiot!!! The game clinching interception in Atlanta that he fumbled right back to Atlanta so they could drive down the field for the game winning field goal.

Josh Morgan before the last few games has played dumb!!! Costly fumbles, not catching balls.

Ted Ginn not going out of bounds at the end of the game today. Wasting precious time.

Bad snaps, bad kicks, penalties that no other team gets except for the Niners.

Just DUMB!!!

It's coaching, Period.

What Clements did is not the coaches! A vet like that should know better but I guess you can't teach and old dog new tricks! Should be a safety!

Penalty's and everything else is the coaches problem! Clean House!
We has heart though
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Adman:
The biggest issue with the 49ers roster is that it is filled with a bunch of talented players who just play dumb. They make stupid penalties all the time.

Nate Clements is a decent corner but he is DUMB! The pass interference penalty today on a ball that we clearly were going to intercept. Turn your head around you idiot!!! The game clinching interception in Atlanta that he fumbled right back to Atlanta so they could drive down the field for the game winning field goal.

Josh Morgan before the last few games has played dumb!!! Costly fumbles, not catching balls.

Ted Ginn not going out of bounds at the end of the game today. Wasting precious time.

Bad snaps, bad kicks, penalties that no other team gets except for the Niners.

Just DUMB!!!

It's coaching, Period.

These players should know by the time they get to the pros. If they don't know by this time, Nothing a pro coach can teach them. Obviously they cannot be reached. Just listen to them being interviewed in a post game. You wonder how they graduated from the 8th grade.
Really? No Antoine Dodson pics/clips/references thru this thread?

I haz a disappoint
Originally posted by thedude:
Good coaching would make these players look a hell of a lot smarter, IMO. Hope we get to find out...

True. A good coach coaches an entire approach to playing the game, not just the motivation and Xs and Os. Coaching has obviously been a huge problem for this team, probably the biggest problem. But coaching isn’t the only problem.

A good team has leaders at several positions who demand focus on a single approach. Even if we were to have a good coach, I don’t see enough talented guys with the right personalities on this team to step into those leadership roles.

The problem is definitely more glaring on the offensive side of the ball, where I don’t see a single natural leader. Vernon and Gore have stepped up, but only really because no one else has. Neither is what I’d call a natural leader. Maybe a good coach can get that out of some of our younger guys, but it’s not there now. We’re probably better off searching for some veteran leaders to show our young players how it’s done. We can start at QB, but we need that leadership on the OL and at WR too.

On defense we’ve got a lot of talent, but from what I can tell, only 1 natural leader—Spikes—and he’ll likely be gone in the next couple years. Willis seems to be stepping up, but I wouldn’t say he’s a natural leader. Add a veteran pass-rusher, a veteran CB, and get some leadership from either safety spot (paging Taylor Mays…) and this defense is immediately improved. I see Bowman stepping-in nicely for Spikes at some point.

So I wouldn’t say that the players we have are dumber than other teams’, but the bad coaching and severe lack of team leadership isn't exactly facilitating smart play.
This team lacks discipline, that is coaching. Season on the line and come out with 6 penalties and two botched snaps? Unforgivable.
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Adman:
The biggest issue with the 49ers roster is that it is filled with a bunch of talented players who just play dumb. They make stupid penalties all the time.

Nate Clements is a decent corner but he is DUMB! The pass interference penalty today on a ball that we clearly were going to intercept. Turn your head around you idiot!!! The game clinching interception in Atlanta that he fumbled right back to Atlanta so they could drive down the field for the game winning field goal.

Josh Morgan before the last few games has played dumb!!! Costly fumbles, not catching balls.

Ted Ginn not going out of bounds at the end of the game today. Wasting precious time.

Bad snaps, bad kicks, penalties that no other team gets except for the Niners.

Just DUMB!!!

It's coaching, Period.


How is the Clements interference penalty the coaches fault, it's Nate's fault he is an IDIOT. All the false starts are on the oline not the coaches.

I'm happy Sing is getting fired, but lets not act like this season is on the coahes, alot of it is on the players too.
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
yes and we send some talent packing Jason Hill 4- 77 yards today. Kentwann Balmer making an impact in Seattle, Micheal Spurlock in Tampa, and the list goes on.

Don't forget about Bear in NY he is doing good.......man we are dumb.

Brandon frickin Lloyd. That one really caught me by surprise.
they make bonehead mistakes because their coaches dont teach them right.
Smart coaches look for, instill, and demand football intelligent in their players. And if they aren't smart, they get OC and DC that are smart enough to do the job.
When one listened to McCloughan interviewed on KNBR, he never really impressed one as extremely brilliant. Ipso Facto, he probably did not place much premium on football intelligence. It may explain why we are where we are. So many games are lost by dumb play.

I have often wondered why our personnel guys never seemed interested in bringing in the occassional veteran WR such as Brandon Stockely. What he lacked in measurables, he made up for in smart, disciplined play. And then there is Amendola. An undrafted FA, he passes through two practice squads before the Rams pick him up and he becomes their most productive WR/KR. He is small, but quick and gets open.

I could go on and on, but a shrewd personnel man would have worked wonders in filling our many holes without spending much in $ or draft choices.
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
yes and we send some talent packing Jason Hill 4- 77 yards today. Kentwann Balmer making an impact in Seattle, Micheal Spurlock in Tampa, and the list goes on.

Don't forget about Bear in NY he is doing good.......man we are dumb.
or Harvey Dahl- Atlanta
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Niners99:
i cant believe we gave Clements 80 mil. he sucks so bad.

how many big plays has he blown for us? plays like today where he didnt bother to turn his head. he knew he had a S in position to make the pick, or at least bat it down, and he just comes flying in and crashes into the WR. totally unnecessary. a mistake a rookie would make. come on. it changed the momentum for the game.

and then obviously against ATL. he picks the ball off to seal the win, and hes dancing around in the tacklers trying to score, doesnt protect the football at all while Roddy White chases him down and swats the ball right out. that was a win that he literally cost us himself. out of pure idiocy.

same thing like last season with Dre Bly high-stepping at the 50 yd line and having the ball punched out. correct me if im wrong, but wasnt that against those same Falcons, and wasnt it Roddy White who punched it out again?

i cant understand why professionals make these mistakes. all theyve done their whole lives was play football. how do you make those mental mistakes? how dumb are you? you can criticize coaching for discipline, but if a long time veteran CB doesnt have the common sense to protect the football and know the situation, he isnt going to change. we need to shed our team of all the players who make dumb mistakes. Ted Ginn not getting out of bound immediately after the catch to end the game today is completely inexcusable. how do you not know the situation???

this team....ugh.

Ok I have really had enough of this stupid hate towards Clements. 1 - We gave Clements 80 million, why? Because he was the BEST available at the time, and we had to overpay a bit because the team sucks. Would you have preferred they signed someone else? Maybe had a 6th round pick start instead? No - then you just would have bit@#ed that the 49ers don't spend money on players.

As to the "Clements single handedly cost us that Atlanta game"...really? Well if he doesn't make that INT, then Atlanta still has the ball anyway. So he didn't cost us the game, he just didn't save us the game like it looked like he was going to. You blame a 49ers defender for trying to do something with the ball - first off, it's called instinct. Secondly, HAVE YOU SEEN THE 49ERS OFFENSE?? yes all they had to do was kneel down, but when you're a defender that has played a TON of minutes because your offense has been pathetic the last couple of YEARS - you feel like you need to do something when the opportunity presents itself.

Good TEAMS don't put themselves into a position where one mistake by one player will cost them the win.

Regarding the Atlanta game, the point is that the game was won by Clements simply sitting down. His runback was dumb. His PI today was dumb. Yes, catching it was great, not immediately securing his team's victory was inexcusable.