LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Do you want Nate to start vs Cardinals ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Nate to start vs Cardinals ?

yes, i do
oops/

[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 27, 2010 at 15:14:29 ]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Whoever gives us the best chance to lose. I just heard that we have a chance of picking 3rd if we lose to Zona!
I think we should hire Nate Davis as GM.
YESSSSSSSS!!!! THE GUY IS COMPLETE GARBAGE. WE WON'T HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN, AND A LOSS ONLY MEANS A HIGHER DRAFT PICK!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE PLAY HIM!
nate davis sucks, theres a reason he's on the PS
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Why not?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners9:

the reason is no longer with the team
Yes, I said in another post that he is the only one who can see over the heads of the linemen.....
Let's see what he's got....not to is very very stupid

He will be a free agent soon...let's evaluate

[ Edited by animal on Dec 27, 2010 at 17:12:13 ]

Originally posted by 49Fever:
It's a meaningless game, we've had plenty of opportunities to see troy and alex (fall down badly) I think it's nate time (as it should have been a long long time ago)
What do you think ?

I can respect the idea of wanting to evaluate talent, but here is my problem with it this time. We were in a crappy division to say the least, unfortunately that meant that we were in the playoff race till the 16th week finally eliminated from playoff contention. So that gives us 1 game to evaluate Nate Davis or any other players that us 49er fans wouldn't mind watching, It is just not enough time to give a very accurate assessment of Davis or any other player for that matter. But on that note i wouldn't mind watching him play, It just shouldn't make or brake his career.
To all those who call us Nate 'lovers' because we want him to start are just being ignorant. Many positives can come out of him starting

1. If he plays well, we can keep him as a backup for next year
2. If he plays horrible, maybe we realize he isn't the answer and he won't waste a roster spot next year. This way we can either can bring in a Vet and keep Troy Smith, or bring in a Vet and draft 2 rookie QB's.
3. We won't have to see Alex Smith play
4. We're out of playoff contention, why waste time starting Alex Smith when we know he's not going to be apart of our future. Neither is Carr
I'd love to see the kid get a start!

Why the f**k not?!

If he sucks -- awesome! The "oh mah gawd naht daviz iz tha bezzzt" people will stfu AND we'll get a higher draft pick.

If he's great -- awesome! We have a little QB competition and at least our 3rd stringer for next year.
Does it matter? None of the four guys on our roster this year will be around next year. Pull a name, any name.

I'm more interested to see the attendance on Sunday? Maybe 35,000 max.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by niners9:

the reason is no longer with the team

He is still on the team, just on the practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone