There are 182 users in the forums

So close....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:

I second this
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Originally posted by job2436:
It's the closest we've come to the playoffs is what I'm saying dumbass. And Alex is the better choice because he doesn't limit the play call

I agree with this comment 100 percent. Alex doesn't limit the playcall. Alex limits the play EXECUTION. If you think we fans are "negative" because this underachieving team is going to lose and lose and lose...you're mistaken. We're negative becvause they're going to WIN these last 2...and get into the playoffs. Only problem is this team has ZERO business being ANYWHERE near the P word. Getting humiliated in the first round by the giants or the buccaneers isn't something most fans are looking forward to. It would be easier to root them on to win these two games if it weren't going to cost us a high draft pick. Most of us realized a long time ago this team isn't a real playoff team. Its almost funny that by making the playoffs, we actually shoot ourselves in the "draft" foot. The season in a nutshell. Shooting ourselves in the foot...and it lasts all the way to the draft!

Think of college football. How p1ssed would you be if your team went undefeated and didn't make the BCS championship because they're like Boise State or TCU or something. How upset would all you guys be? Now think about a team with 9-10 wins not making the playoffs because the 7-9 Niners/Rams/Seahawks are in NFC West. Don't you think that's shetty? And not only that, you got a 10 win team that has to play on the road against the NFC West?

You can count on a change immediately after the season. They don't belong there. I don't think it's right a team that has earned a playoff spot won't be in there because of a technicality. Just imagine if you traded places with the fan of the team that won't make it, you would be upset as hell.
Originally posted by bracus:
It's the closest we've come to the playoffs is what I'm saying dumbass. And Alex is the better choice because he doesn't limit the play call

I agree with this comment 100 percent. Alex doesn't limit the playcall. Alex limits the play EXECUTION. If you think we fans are "negative" because this underachieving team is going to lose and lose and lose...you're mistaken. We're negative becvause they're going to WIN these last 2...and get into the playoffs. Only problem is this team has ZERO business being ANYWHERE near the P word. Getting humiliated in the first round by the giants or the buccaneers isn't something most fans are looking forward to. It would be easier to root them on to win these two games if it weren't going to cost us a high draft pick. Most of us realized a long time ago this team isn't a real playoff team. Its almost funny that by making the playoffs, we actually shoot ourselves in the "draft" foot. The season in a nutshell. Shooting ourselves in the foot...and it lasts all the way to the draft!

Think of college football. How p1ssed would you be if your team went undefeated and didn't make the BCS championship because they're like Boise State or TCU or something. How upset would all you guys be? Now think about a team with 9-10 wins not making the playoffs because the 7-9 Niners/Rams/Seahawks are in NFC West. Don't you think that's shetty? And not only that, you got a 10 win team that has to play on the road against the NFC West?

You can count on a change immediately after the season. They don't belong there. I don't think it's right a team that has earned a playoff spot won't be in there because of a technicality. Just imagine if you traded places with the fan of the team that won't make it, you would be upset as hell.

Force owners to sell. Fix the divisions.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

1. the NFL is not college.
2. it's very simple......you win your division, you get a home playoff game. not shetty at all.

that's the way the ball bounces, G!

It happens all the time... Not to the extend of a 7-9 team making it; but, 8-8 sure... That's why there's the wild card spots; so the best runner ups in the NFC and AFC have a chance to weed out the 7-9 and 8-8 scrubs...
lmao...I knew Alex fans would start pouting eventually. Enjoy Buffalo!
Originally posted by fakers23:

HAahaa, they have Fitzpatrick who's leaps and bounds better then Alexis.

So true
I'd definitly be pissed if my team won 10, and didn't get a shot at the superbowl...when the niners who have absolutely ZERO chance at winning it all took my spot. Seriously...does anyone know the odds? If we can all admit this team has no shot, what's the point in winning these last 2? I always regret these late season garbage time victories in april when players like bj raji, suh, calvin johnson and co go to other teams. What's more important... A few garbage time victories to feel warm and fuzzy about, or getting better players here who could actually perform? And for the record... The college "bowl" system is garbage. Why not have a playoff? Absolutely retarded

have you heard about the two gay irishmen? Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick?

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

have you heard about the two gay irishmen? Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick?

No I haven't, but I bet they can both throw better then Alex lol.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

No I haven't, but I bet they can both throw better then Alex lol.

Originally posted by txniner2:

So true

Alex fans would blindly defend him even if he brutally murdered a family with a pic axe, his fingerprints were found on the weapon, their fingers and toes were found in his lower intestine, and he got it all on tape. The only scenario I could see myself defending our worst draft bust of the decade is if the family he murdered was the york family.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Well, I'm guessing Sing read everyone's "let's lose posts" and decided to take the advice. Starting Troy Smith on Sunday, what a joke, now the offense will look like Minnesota's on Monday night. And the announcers confirmed that Joe Webb had no knowledge of the offense, just like Troy, at least with Alex we'd have a chance. Well, it was a hell of a season and a nice thought to know we were so close to making the playoffs. Congrats to all you negative a$$h0l3s, u got your wish.

sing benching alex smith for troy smith is like sing benching ryan leaf for akili smith.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Share 49ersWebzone