Hoping we lose is silly talk...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
WE DO NOT BELONG IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR.

and i hope we lose the next 2 games, get a new coach, draft a QB, and some secondary help!!!!

So yeah, i must be silly

Well the last time we got what you are hoping for it was the Nolan/Smith package. That worked out great, didn't it? You never know how our new coach and QB next year will pan out (whoever they might be), so might as well hope for the best this year. So yeah, you are silly.

bring in an experience winning coach and it sure as hell couldn't get any worse. or how about getting lucky in the draft and getting that high pick and drafting "that" QB to turn the franchised team around like a Bradford.

Rams are a less talented team on paper but what did bradford do for them this year!
this year has already tanked, we need to prepare for 2011-2012!!!

Even if we lose out, we're not getting A. Luck. So "that" QB will have to be someone with question marks. "That" QB could be a Bradford or a Ryan just as easily as it could be a Russell or a Smith. I still want what you want, I just want to get there as a playoff (deservedly or not) team. At this rate, it could be a while until we get another chance at the post season.

well, at least the number of posts are going up for you

Yeah, that's my goal. At 40, if I post 4,360 more times on this thread I'll be right there with you to vie for the "Loneliest man of the week" title. I'd put a funny little face here, but I probably need more practice to know when to use the right one...

You should see the zoners that have 50k+ posts

and i hope we lose the next 2 games, get a new coach, draft a QB, and some secondary help!!!!

So yeah, i must be silly

Well the last time we got what you are hoping for it was the Nolan/Smith package. That worked out great, didn't it? You never know how our new coach and QB next year will pan out (whoever they might be), so might as well hope for the best this year. So yeah, you are silly.

bring in an experience winning coach and it sure as hell couldn't get any worse. or how about getting lucky in the draft and getting that high pick and drafting "that" QB to turn the franchised team around like a Bradford.

Rams are a less talented team on paper but what did bradford do for them this year!

Even if we lose out, we're not getting A. Luck. So "that" QB will have to be someone with question marks. "That" QB could be a Bradford or a Ryan just as easily as it could be a Russell or a Smith. I still want what you want, I just want to get there as a playoff (deservedly or not) team. At this rate, it could be a while until we get another chance at the post season.

Yeah, that's my goal. At 40, if I post 4,360 more times on this thread I'll be right there with you to vie for the "Loneliest man of the week" title. I'd put a funny little face here, but I probably need more practice to know when to use the right one...

get it right!!! it's 4421 post, son!
you can insert your own face in anytime! we all know you're in love alex smith!
No, it is not silly, it is disgraceful, defeatist p***y talk.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Yeah well, did you see that Goodall is considering having meetings a a new seeding arrangement for the playoffs, becasue the Niners or some other lowlife team in the NFC will get in on a WAY losing record?

Isn't that just fantastic' The 49er Rule for losers entering within striking distance of entering the playoffs with a losing record. F*king great.

I've been through all the Championship years and I can tell you noobs that have not seen a playoff game, this is not worth it if the Niners have to bear this tag for decades after the brilliance that has come before. Of you know, like; Team of the 80', Team of the Decade..

Screw these playoffs....... just for this reason alone..

Still stuck in the 80's huh?

You don't know nothin, about nothin

I do know how great of a coach Bill Walsh was and that there is never going to be a coach that changes the game like he did. I do know the same about Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott. Also the like of players like Roger Craig, Brent Jones, Taylor, Rathman, Young/Young etc. That those days are over. Long gone.

The NFL has changed. It's never going to be like it used to be back when it was football. The 49ers Dynasty days are over. It's time to move on, not forget, but move on past those days and understand what we had will most likely never occur again. Having a team with that caliber of players is almost impossible, especially now that we have a cap.
I don't care what all you other vets say, I'm going to cheer for my Niners every week.

All you negative Nancy's are either stuck in the past and only care about perfection, or stuck in the future thinking that you know exactly what's going to happen. Live in the present and cheer for your damn team that you think you're so much of a fan of, that you join a fan forum of that team.

So yeah, i must be silly

Hold on... who said Bradford was a success?!?! He has a 75.9 passer rating, hasn't thrown a single touchdown and has thrown a interception in nearly every game he has played in this year. He's just like Alex Smith this season, maybe three good games under his belt this season, rest are either horrible or mediocre. The Rams are 6-8 with the same level of talent as us. I'm not speaking of you when I say this Vaniner but these idiots who want use to lose out so we will have a better shot at getting an unproven quaterback who at this point has shown no signs that he will be entering the NFL draft.

If anyone thinks a few draft picks and a new head coach will solve this teams issues you are highly mistaken, you can't clean up 10 seasons of mess in one offseason.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

THANK YOU! Idiots who say they hope we lose the next 2 so we can get a better draft pick & have an easier schedule have NO IDEA what they are talking about!!!

With the league as it is...Teams that suck this year could turn around and be much better next year, so that reasoning of playing worse teams is pointless!!!.....and 1st round picks aren't guaranteed to be stars just because they are higher in the order!!!

If & when the Niners are in the Playoffs.....then they deserved to get in, no matter the record!!! All YOU WHINY LIL B!#@%ES need to Shut The F@%K UP, obviously you are not 49ER fans.....GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM!!!

NINER4LIFE!!!

So yeah, i must be silly

I hope we make the playoffs, get some experience, have some fun, and make the players want it more. Then we can still get a new coach draft a QB and get some secondary help

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Once there was a tomato that wanted to fly like an eagle. So it decided to go to the house of the badger, who was known as an excellent source of information. Unfortunately for the tomato, the badger had the bear over for tea. As we all know badgers are carnivorous predators, while bears are omnivores.

Poor tomato will never fly.

That's silly talk.

Get it right.

Originally posted by zaro49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

THANK YOU! Idiots who say they hope we lose the next 2 so we can get a better draft pick & have an easier schedule have NO IDEA what they are talking about!!!

With the league as it is...Teams that suck this year could turn around and be much better next year, so that reasoning of playing worse teams is pointless!!!.....and 1st round picks aren't guaranteed to be stars just because they are higher in the order!!!

If & when the Niners are in the Playoffs.....then they deserved to get in, no matter the record!!! All YOU WHINY LIL B!#@%ES need to Shut The F@%K UP, obviously you are not 49ER fans.....GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM!!!

NINER4LIFE!!!

I agree 100%, let's fight for a playoff spot and a division win cuz I guarantee u the Lambs and Seachickens don't have the mind set to just bend over and lose because of a s**tty record. I guess you nay sayers agree with dumbass Rodney Harrison who literally laughed at the Niners on our Sun night game. Wtf is that BS?? More than half of the announcers hate and always find ways to cheer against the Niners, so F them and whoever thinks it's logical to go lose, IDIOTS

Originally posted by 24plus25er:

So yeah, i must be silly

Hold on... who said Bradford was a success?!?! He has a 75.9 passer rating, hasn't thrown a single touchdown and has thrown a interception in nearly every game he has played in this year. He's just like Alex Smith this season, maybe three good games under his belt this season, rest are either horrible or mediocre. The Rams are 6-8 with the same level of talent as us. I'm not speaking of you when I say this Vaniner but these idiots who want use to lose out so we will have a better shot at getting an unproven quaterback who at this point has shown no signs that he will be entering the NFL draft.

If anyone thinks a few draft picks and a new head coach will solve this teams issues you are highly mistaken, you can't clean up 10 seasons of mess in one offseason.

Not a lambs fan or Bradford fan at all but if ur gonna talk trash do it right.. he's much better than Smith.
Bradfords stats:17TD's to 14 INT's and just over 3000 yards.
you did get the passer rating right tho

and the lambs level of talent isnt nearly as good as ours it just looks that way because they do have a good QB
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

So yeah, i must be silly

Not a lambs fan or Bradford fan at all but if ur gonna talk trash do it right.. he's much better than Smith.
Bradfords stats:17TD's to 14 INT's and just over 3000 yards.
you did get the passer rating right tho

and the lambs level of talent isnt nearly as good as ours it just looks that way because they do have a good QB

I never quoted his 17tds and 14ints (that is a horid td to int ratio btw and just proves my point), his stats and nothing else proves his talent and at this point he is no better than Alex. His team is 6-8 and about to lose sunday to an Alex Smith lead team and get their playoff spot ganked.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

So yeah, i must be silly

You should see the zoners that have 50k+ posts

What about those zoners?
TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK!!!!!!!
We are sitting at #7 overall now in the draft. If we lose out and some of those 4 win teams win perhaps we can sneak up all the way to #5 overall... That's at 5 - 11. At 7 - 9 and winning the division we get blown out the first playoff game and pick #21... What a dropoff. This team really deserves top 5 or at least top 10. I see no advantage to the false hope of this winning scenario. We have a garbage coaching staff and needs at many positions.
Share 49ersWebzone