LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Hoping we lose is silly talk...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Okay lets say we win and get into the playoffs and we some how win a game in the playoffs and Sing is retained.

Will you guys be happy then ?????????????
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay lets say we win and get into the playoffs and we some how win a game in the playoffs and Sing is retained.

I would be happy enough to kick my own a$$.

One game? No, he's gotta go. Now if they make a run? Real run to the title game or, god forbid, SB? Then I would think he would be retained, like it or not. And could you blame them for not firing him at that point? But keep your pants on, because that is a pipedream. Sing is as good as gone. I just want to watch the team in week 18 for the first time in what seems like an eternity.
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
WE DO NOT BELONG IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR.

and i hope we lose the next 2 games, get a new coach, draft a QB, and some secondary help!!!!

So yeah, i must be silly

Well the last time we got what you are hoping for it was the Nolan/Smith package. That worked out great, didn't it? You never know how our new coach and QB next year will pan out (whoever they might be), so might as well hope for the best this year. So yeah, you are silly.

bring in an experience winning coach and it sure as hell couldn't get any worse. or how about getting lucky in the draft and getting that high pick and drafting "that" QB to turn the franchised team around like a Bradford.

Rams are a less talented team on paper but what did bradford do for them this year!
this year has already tanked, we need to prepare for 2011-2012!!!
  • Jiks
Lets not go to the playoffs and lose in the first round this year. It'll be much better to go to the playoffs next year and lose in the first round... Makes sense.

Where's your proof that he will stay if that happens?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Where's your proof that he will stay if that happens?

Where's you proof it wont and dont point to no dad-gum Yahoo article.

He's going to be retained anyways if the league and the players union don't agree on a new CBA in the next 3 weeks.

and i hope we lose the next 2 games, get a new coach, draft a QB, and some secondary help!!!!

So yeah, i must be silly

Well the last time we got what you are hoping for it was the Nolan/Smith package. That worked out great, didn't it? You never know how our new coach and QB next year will pan out (whoever they might be), so might as well hope for the best this year. So yeah, you are silly.

bring in an experience winning coach and it sure as hell couldn't get any worse. or how about getting lucky in the draft and getting that high pick and drafting "that" QB to turn the franchised team around like a Bradford.

Rams are a less talented team on paper but what did bradford do for them this year!

Even if we lose out, we're not getting A. Luck. So "that" QB will have to be someone with question marks. "That" QB could be a Bradford or a Ryan just as easily as it could be a Russell or a Smith. I still want what you want, I just want to get there as a playoff (deservedly or not) team. At this rate, it could be a while until we get another chance at the post season.

So yeah, i must be silly

Even if we lose out, we're not getting A. Luck. So "that" QB will have to be someone with question marks. "That" QB could be a Bradford or a Ryan just as easily as it could be a Russell or a Smith. I still want what you want, I just want to get there as a playoff (deservedly or not) team. At this rate, it could be a while until we get another chance at the post season.

well, at least the number of posts are going up for you
Yeah well, did you see that Goodall is considering having meetings concerning a new seeding arrangement for the playoffs, because the Niners or some other lowlife team in the NFC West will get in on a WAY losing record?

Isn't that just fantastic' The 49er Rule for losers entering within striking distance of entering the playoffs with a losing record. F*king great.

I've been through all the Championship years and I can tell you noobs that have not seen a playoff game, this is not worth it if the Niners have to bear this tag for decades after the brilliance that has come before. Of you know, like; Team of the 80', Team of the Decade..

Screw these playoffs....... just for this reason alone..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Yeah well, did you see that Goodall is considering having meetings a a new seeding arrangement for the playoffs, becasue the Niners or some other lowlife team in the NFC will get in on a WAY losing record?

Isn't that just fantastic' The 49er Rule for losers entering within striking distance of entering the playoffs with a losing record. F*king great.

I've been through all the Championship years and I can tell you noobs that have not seen a playoff game, this is not worth it if the Niners have to bear this tag for decades after the brilliance that has come before. Of you know, like; Team of the 80', Team of the Decade..

Still stuck in the 80's huh?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Yeah well, did you see that Goodall is considering having meetings a a new seeding arrangement for the playoffs, becasue the Niners or some other lowlife team in the NFC will get in on a WAY losing record?

Still stuck in the 80's huh?

You don't know nothin, about nothin

So yeah, i must be silly

well, at least the number of posts are going up for you

Yeah, that's my goal. At 40, if I post 4,360 more times on this thread I'll be right there with you to vie for the "Loneliest man of the week" title. I'd put a funny little face here, but I probably need more practice to know when to use the right one...
Share 49ersWebzone