LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Being in playoff contention at 5-8 is embarrassing to begin with. I hear it on sports talk radio, and pretty much every analyst gives a sour face at the thought of the Niners making the playoffs at 7-9, even the damn commissioner addressed the issue...

But I just can't root for this team to lose lol

I nominate 2010 as the most confusing 49ers season in history.
I really don't mind at all... the possibility anyways. Being a kid from the '80s and having witnessed some of the greatest teams in NFL history, i am really glad just to be watching meaningful games past Thanksgiving.
i hope we get in, i hate singletary and want him fired but i want this team in the playoffs. the thing that scares me is how this team will respond in the playoffs. as the unprepared blown out of the water niners. the good enought to lose niners. or the niners that actually show up on offense defense and special teams all in the same game. damn you singletary and your schizophrenic team!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yes. I want our team to do the best they can, no matter how ridiculous it is. I want them to win as many games as possible. Period. There's a name for people that don't feel this way.

this
no...now i dont...not after this b.s. flipfloppn media leak nonsense,...i'm beginning to hate everything about this organization.....EVERYTHING!!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope we get in, i hate singletary and want him fired but i want this team in the playoffs. the thing that scares me is how this team will respond in the playoffs. as the unprepared blown out of the water niners. the good enought to lose niners. or the niners that actually show up on offense defense and special teams all in the same game. damn you singletary and your schizophrenic team!!!

Of course i forgot to mention that as well and i am hoping to see the agressive, takin-shots down the field smash mouth defense this time.
Hell Yeah I want us to always win !!!!!!!!!!

I have to add that I have seen how this team uses it's early draft picks so yeah I would much rather just try to win.
Originally posted by jrg:
42% saying no.

Pathetic.

No s**t, what's wrong with you idiots? Are you f**king kidding me? Yeah, we love the long off season and the draft and all. What is this? A f**king Madden game??????????????? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
NO. I hope we win out and I hope The Seachickens win out. Always want a win but I do not want a crappy 7-9 playoff team clouding Jeds senses. He needs to make many tough decisions this off season.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Being in playoff contention at 5-8 is embarrassing to begin with. I hear it on sports talk radio, and pretty much every analyst gives a sour face at the thought of the Niners making the playoffs at 7-9, even the damn commissioner addressed the issue...

But I just can't root for this team to lose lol

I nominate 2010 as the most confusing 49ers season in history.

That's the truth. I've been going back-n-forth on this all week . . . but what's the only thing that would be more embarrassing than winning a division with a losing record?

Answer: Finishing behind a team that won the division with a losing record.

So I'll be rooting hard for the 49ers Sunday!

That said, if we lose Sunday I'd be completely OK with an implosion against the Cards strictly because of draft position.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/draftorder.shtml

YES making the playoffs would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really I do not want this team to make playoffs. I would be happy either way but I honestly am embarrassed of this franchise and I do not want this horrid season to continue any longer. Plus we need to gut the staff and need the high draft pick. I prefer a top ten pick over a false playoff spot. The yorks are the worst owners in the league by far.
Yes! I need some kind of reward for all the headache the niners have given me this season.
I think it's a no brainer.

Being eliminated:

1) will guarantee a Singletary exit

2) will guarantee Alex not being resigned

3) will ensure we get a decent draft pick - we'd have no trade leverage with pick #21. We really could do something special with a new coach/GM picking at #7.

And if we make the playoffs all that will happen is we'll get embarrassed in the playoffs as the Saints light us up.
[ Edited by DraftaQB on Dec 23, 2010 at 5:56 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm torn between going to the playoffs and probably getting bounced in the first rd. or losing and getting a top 10 pick. Either way it's a win, win.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 23, 2010 at 6:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone