LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 176 users in the forums

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
i voted don't care.

it isn't that i don't care, i just see the benefits of both. i would love to be able to go to a playoff game, but also understand the team can end up being awful next year and could use the added 10 spots by missin out of the playoffs.

It's only 10 spots (maybe) in the first round. All the other rounds are slotted by record. And how often does the 21st pick have a better career than the 10th? I don't know the answer but knowing how big of a crapshoot the NFL draft has become I bet it happens quite a bit. I mean, they are both 1st round picks and could both easily be the first player taken at their position (the top of the draft is always heavy on QBs, OTs, DT's, and CBs).
  • Jiks
I'm always down for another week of football.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
i voted don't care.

it isn't that i don't care, i just see the benefits of both. i would love to be able to go to a playoff game, but also understand the team can end up being awful next year and could use the added 10 spots by missin out of the playoffs.

It's only 10 spots (maybe) in the first round. All the other rounds are slotted by record. And how often does the 21st pick have a better career than the 10th? I don't know the answer but knowing how big of a crapshoot the NFL draft has become I bet it happens quite a bit. I mean, they are both 1st round picks and could both easily be the first player taken at their position (the top of the draft is always heavy on QBs, OTs, DT's, and CBs).

i want the added 10 spots for the possible QB or an even better way is a trade down. which i am always hoping for.
I don't care what all you other vets say, I'm going to cheer for my Niners every week.

All you negative Nancy's are either stuck in the past and only care about perfection, or stuck in the future thinking that you know exactly what's going to happen. Live in the present and cheer for your damn team that you think you're so much of a fan of, that you join a fan forum of that team.
Nope...it would accomplish virtually nothing. We'd get blown out by whatever team comes to the 'Stick. It could also make Jed lean the wrong way in terms of firing Singletary...i.e. he'd likely be more prone to keeping him. This team desperately needs a true GM and an experienced head coach. Together, they need to make the changes necessary...and that doesn't mean a complete rebuilding, either. We've seen other teams do a huge turnaround in just one season (or, more correctly, an off-season). Look at the Bucs..they were awful in 2009, but are now on the verge of the playoffs, and their future looks bright. The same thing can happen to the Niners, but a leadership change is absolutely essential...now!
It would be a shame and a sham to see a divisional winner banner hanging anywhere near the teams of the 1980's and 1990's. I'd be prone to climb up to that area and torch it.

Have we sunk so low that it would be an honor to go to the playoff with a losing record, only to be the laughingstock of the league, and the potential for the Dorks to retain Dingleberry.

Hell No, with a capital "H".
I hope We make it but I feel bad for frank gore because he won't be involved.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It would be a shame and a sham to see a divisional winner banner hanging anywhere near the teams of the 1980's and 1990's. I'd be prone to climb up to that area and torch it.

Have we sunk so low that it would be an honor to go to the playoff with a losing record, only to be the laughingstock of the league, and the potential for the Dorks to retain Dingleberry.

But we deserve it!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Get your head out of the past. If the Niners make it in, they make it in. Cheer for your damn team
In the 1980's and '90's, 49er fans earned the reputation of being the "Salliest" fans in the NFL.

Judging from the Judas-like responses from fans on this forum (not limited to this thread), it looks like nothing has changed.

Grow a pair and root for your team, "fans".
[ Edited by DertyDonahue on Dec 22, 2010 at 1:06 PM ]

Sure, of course it would be cool to see how they match up in the playoffs instead of comparing them to other lowly NFC West teams as a benchmark. However, I am a strong believer that any decisions to keep staff & some players based upon the stars lining up erfectly for them at the end of the season will be decisions based upon smoke & mirrors. What we saw during the regular season is what we can expect next year too if they keep Singletary. And next year they may actually have to win games to get into the playoffs.
I just wonder what the fans who voted no would say if we won the 1st playoff game. I'm sure they wouldn't care!
Originally posted by dwy621:
I just wonder what the fans who voted no would say if we won the 1st playoff game. I'm sure they wouldn't care!

this. what if we won 1 or 2 playoff games. all these fans voting no would look f**king stupid
If we make the playoffs Frank Gore is going to be f**king depressed.
I want us to make the playoffs but we don't deserve it. No team with a losing record ever deserves to make the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone