LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

You know IF we make the play offs, AND we fire Sing after the season, tis team will be a very desirable destination for any head coach. We will have shown how much talent we really have! Dunno looking for silver linings?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yes. I want our team to do the best they can, no matter how ridiculous it is. I want them to win as many games as possible. Period. There's a name for people that don't feel this way.

Bro if your okay with putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound then you go a head and have fun BUT the rest of standing by a team who's ownership evidently cares more about there wallets then the state of the franchise. Alex smith should never have been picked that high, we picked the worst year to have the first overall pick!
We need to be aggressive in this draft if we know that there's a chance to get a franchise quarterback!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.
yes, because I am a Niner fan and a diehard one at that, and I also think it would be funny that a 7-9 team wins a division, makes playoffs and hosts a wild card game.

But i hope we do make it for the right reasons, the guys deserve it, who have been here, for there careers.

and then guys like Spikes, J.Smith, Nate, etc... who havent tasted it much if not at all.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
yes, because I am a Niner fan and a diehard one at that, and I also think it would be funny that a 7-9 team wins a division, makes playoffs and hosts a wild card game.

But i hope we do make it for the right reasons, the guys deserve it, who have been here, for there careers.

and then guys like Spikes, J.Smith, Nate, etc... who havent tasted it much if not at all.

It sucks that Gore wouldn't be able to play in it. But I think it could help attract a good coach maybe
I dont think so. I mean on Sundays, I have no way of holding back, cheering for my team. BUT trying to see the greater good, we cant continue on with singletary. And im not 100% sure jed would send him packing if we make the playoffs. so I feel that if we need to sacrafice this blown season; it's a sacrafice im ready to make. For the greater good my friends, for the greater good.

-We WILL return to greatness. Teams WIll fear us once again. I WILL have faith in that.
I don't want the Niners to make the playoffs--but if we do--

Alex Smith will have to play more wide open football these next two weeks and in the playoffs---throw the ball downfield more---if only he could somehow have the on switch turned on---and get crabtree and VD and Westbrook and the whole thing working.

For the Niners to have any chance the offense has to somehow begin to click---the defense won't hold up against the good teams.
What if Jed York jacked up the ticket prices next year because we were a "playoff team"? I could defintely see him doing this.
[ Edited by asu49ers on Dec 21, 2010 at 12:18 AM ]
whats the goal for every team from week 1? Make the playoffs. We are in the hunt and on target. Forget the weak division the record, bad coaching and other stuff, our teams focus should be playoffs, dont give into the distractions. What it all boils down to is playing football in January.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
What if Jed York jacked up the ticket prices next year because we were a "playoff team"? I could defintely see him doing this.

Ticket prices are already going to be raised next year, even if we don't make the playoffs.

9% don't care!!

I mean, I can understand the argument that we will be despatched quickly and lose a large draft position, but if you don't care if we either draft high-ish or get to the playoffs, what the he'll are you doing here?
my desire to see the team win now says yes.

my desire to see them have a stronger offseason and win in the future says no..
Hells to the yes! What is more sad? making the playoffs at 7-9 or being one of the teams that couldn't make the playoffs at 7-9???
Definitely, make the playoffs. When does the culture of winning start? Next year or the year after, winning is a now thing. Once a team gets used to winning it becomes a habit, just like losing. So for all you fans that don't want winning now, when? Remember Bill Walsh's first year, won two games, the last win was the final home game of the season and they carried the Coach off the field and tore down the goal posts.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd like to win the West, biut if we're just going to lose in the first round, maybe it's best just to lose out and get a top 10 pick to get that Qb that we've been lacking.
Share 49ersWebzone