LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

I would love to see us win out and make an appearance in the playoffs. The realist in me doesn't believe it will happen.
Nothing is gained by losing and game day is for seeing the Niners win including the playoffs. The changes to the team are going to occur no matter what happens as the teams failures extend beyond the wins and losses for the remainder of the season.
No. This team isn't about to enter the playoffs because it's a good team, it's because or competition sucks. Why waste good draft picks on that?

I guess the only upside is it'll make San Fransisco a little more attractive place to coach, even though any good HC will be able to see through it.
As bad as this team has been, anything can happen once you get into the playoffs. That is how stories are made. A 7-9 team goes from rags to riches. Do I think that will happen. Not really. It would be good for a lot of these younger players to get a taste of the playoffs for future experience. Who cares about higher draft picks? The point of the game is to win and make it to the superbowl.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yes. I want our team to do the best they can, no matter how ridiculous it is. I want them to win as many games as possible. Period. There's a name for people that don't feel this way.

Merry Christmas!
I respect everyones opinion on this issue, but anyone who doesn't want us to go is wrong.
#1) Spikes has never had a playoff run and deserves this so much for the hard and dedicated work he has done for this team.
#2) Winning breeds winning and guess what losing breeds?
#3) These young players need to believe. Look at all the changes the Lions have had. Are they any better for it. Their backs are against the wall and if these rookies see some light at the end of the tunnel it will drive them in the offseason.
#4) Changes will be made irregaurdless. Take a second look at the Eddie D interview. IMO the interview carried alot more weight than some people gave it. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.
#5) I don't want our team to be on the list of teams that didn't make the playoffs in the worst division ever.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This has been the worst season I've ever experienced.

The fact that I'm torn about whether or not I want my beloved team to make the playoffs shows how s**tty this season went.
Originally posted by Antix:

The fact that I'm torn about whether or not I want my beloved team to make the playoffs shows how s**tty this season went.

I'm still hoping for the playoffs but I don't know if it will work out
yes
I'm in the middle.

im confused, how could anyone not want us to go to the playoffs? Yes our record is terrible but if we're still mathematically able to make the playoffs then how can anyone not root for them to make it? I hope we win out and make the playoffs and win our playoff game just to say F U to the NFL and Roger Godell.
Originally posted by Antix:

this.
OF COURSE I DO , but I do understand the embarrassment of reaching the playoffs with a losing record and more importantly I don't want there to be any chance that the Dorky's continue to retain Dingleberry beyond this season either. I have also seen how this team has used it's top picks in the draft each year , it's hit or miss so give me the damn Playoffs and let the drought finally end.

GO NINER'S ...... ...... I hope our players get the chance to experience the

post season.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Dec 25, 2010 at 03:50:28 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
I respect everyones opinion on this issue, but anyone who doesn't want us to go is wrong.
#1) Spikes has never had a playoff run and deserves this so much for the hard and dedicated work he has done for this team.
#2) Winning breeds winning and guess what losing breeds?
#3) These young players need to believe. Look at all the changes the Lions have had. Are they any better for it. Their backs are against the wall and if these rookies see some light at the end of the tunnel it will drive them in the offseason.
#4) Changes will be made irregaurdless. Take a second look at the Eddie D interview. IMO the interview carried alot more weight than some people gave it. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.
#5) I don't want our team to be on the list of teams that didn't make the playoffs in the worst division ever.

Great post, I totally agree. #1 is my biggest reason. Let me add two more:

#6) Justin Smith deserves more than one playoff game.
#7) 49ers football.

[ Edited by Wodwo on Dec 25, 2010 at 03:56:47 ]
no! Picking 21st in every round, with so many holes to fill does not help.
Share 49ersWebzone