LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Who will Singletary announce as the starting QB for the showdown at St. Louis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will Singletary announce as the starting QB for the showdown at St. Louis?

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Oh -- and I cannot remember the last time that Alex Smith played well during an early start.

I know there's probably one game in there where he did OK during a 10 AM start -- but I just can't remember it.

Oh -- and throwing for three touchdowns in a loss doesn't count -- because -- bottom line -- a loss is a loss. Wins and losses are all that matters.

When is the last time Alex WON and PLAYED WELL during an early morning start?

Last year's season ender at Saint Louie doesn't count because Alex Smith played some of the most atrocious football I've ever seen. We were lucky to win that game.

When is the last time Alex played well excluding the times he played well? Never.. correct sir...
we will start both alex and troy and deploy the first 2 QB offense, no one will know what we are doing or where we are going
LOL so Sing has told Alex/Troy who is starting but won't announce it. But he says it's not to gain an advantage..? WTF.

This is fvcking embarrassing man. Just pick a guy and go with it. This stupid mind game makes Sing look like a damn fool. Both guys are capable of beating the Rams. Instead of splitting the reps between Alex and Troy...pick one guy and call the right plays at the right time and actually scheme.

Can't wait until the off season.
This team is a joke, we're all getting 'excited' about a possible playoff berth, yet we're still oblivious as to who will lead us into the post-season, and we're torn between two 'dink-and-dunk' QBs who play like rookies???

Seriously, this team has problems.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This team is a joke, we're all getting 'excited' about a possible playoff berth, yet we're still oblivious as to who will lead us into the post-season, and we're torn between two 'dink-and-dunk' QBs who play like rookies???

it's called strategy

Seriously man. I'm beyond caring about who actually starts. This whole charade by Singletary is an embarrassment. This is the NFL. The Rams have film on both QBs and now they will game plan for both.

For Troy = take away the ability to roll out and keep him in the pocket. No Gore so all those PA fakes won't fool anyone.

For Alex = take away Vernon over the middle and force Alex to hit those deep outs near the sideline (his biggest weakness and where the most tipped ball INTs occur for us). Force him to check down all game aka useless passes resulting in 3 and outs.

There...now what Sing? Better off signing a FA QB off the street and giving him all the reps. At least then the Rams will have NO idea. That probably makes more sense than this bullsht. Or why not say "all 3 QBs could start."

I can tolerate losing...hell we are used to it...but I can't stand indecision and these stupid mind games. All it does it fvck the team over. What other team does this?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
BREAKING NEWS: Singletary names Denise York starting Qb for STL game.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Seriously man. I'm beyond caring about who actually starts. This whole charade by Singletary is an embarrassment. This is the NFL. The Rams have film on both QBs and now they will game plan for both.

For Troy = take away the ability to roll out and keep him in the pocket. No Gore so all those PA fakes won't fool anyone.

For Alex = take away Vernon over the middle and force Alex to hit those deep outs near the sideline (his biggest weakness and where the most tipped ball INTs occur for us). Force him to check down all game aka useless passes resulting in 3 and outs.

There...now what Sing? Better off signing a FA QB off the street and giving him all the reps. At least then the Rams will have NO idea. That probably makes more sense than this bullsht. Or why not say "all 3 QBs could start."

I can tolerate losing...hell we are used to it...but I can't stand indecision and these stupid mind games. All it does it fvck the team over. What other team does this?

You hit the nail right on the head, no other team. Like i think you said in an earlier post that if he just chose one guy, and put him in the best position to be successful, then no fake ass trickery needed. But by this imma keep it a secret, it's making us look like even more fools.

Honestly lets be real, I'm still excited about reaching the playoffs, if we get there. Fire the whole team after the year is over for all i care, but it would be nice to see on wildcard weekend, us actually having a shot. Even if we are 50pt underdogs.

Sing will be gone indefinitely, it's just a matter of when. But i bet if we lose any game of the next two, York may pull the plug. But ,wait a minute, it's the 49ers. Scratch that. They may let Sing stay all offseason, then right at the beginning of TC fire him and say we are looking hard for a new HC. Damn why is upper management so f**ked up.
So why won't Singletary make the announcement today?

"Because it's something I don't want to announce right now," he answered.

Jeez, I am really starting to dislike everything about Mike Singletary. I feel like this dude not only SUCKS as a head coach, but he is also giving the middle finger to every Niner fan when he talks to the press about the team.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/12/21/10/Singletary-has-decided-on-49ers-QB-but-h/landing_niners.html?full_args=12/21/10/Singletary-has-decided-on-49ers-QB-but-h/landing_niners&blockID=377518&feedID=5936
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Jeez, I am really starting to dislike everything about Mike Singletary. I feel like this dude not only SUCKS as a head coach, but he is also giving the middle finger to every Niner fan when he talks to the press about the team.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/12/21/10/Singletary-has-decided-on-49ers-QB-but-h/landing_niners.html?full_args=12/21/10/Singletary-has-decided-on-49ers-QB-but-h/landing_niners&blockID=377518&feedID=5936

I know, I know...Nate Davis is starting, and he doesn't want to announce it right now because he doesn't want to have to explain why he put Davis on the practice squad when all the other QBs sucked just as much, if not more.

Originally posted by mrgneissguy:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

I know, I know...Nate Davis is starting, and he doesn't want to announce it right now because he doesn't want to have to explain why he put Davis on the practice squad when all the other QBs sucked just as much, if not more.

It would be funny if it were true, Nate just plain doesn't have what it takes. If he were even half as good as some on this site think, one team would have snatched him up when he went on waivers.
Alex will start and Troy will come in if Alex is off. I would rather use them as a tandem and use them to there strengths depending on the down and yardage. We can not afford to not be creative and take all chances given.
I don't know why it bugs me so much about his silence in announcing the QB. Is he trying to "wow" us with his ingenuity or something??

I'm not an Alex fan by no means (off the bandwagon), so it really doesn't matter to me who gets the nod, especially since Troy did so well against them last time. It all comes down to game prep and planning... which is why i'm not holding my breath.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I find him trying to hide the identity of the starting QB rather humerus. Its like he's thinking Im gonna out smart everyone and just not tell them.

Sing is a nice piece of work.

Its funny because they both suck and really dont make any difference.
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 21, 2010 at 1:04 PM ]
Yea I'd call this a good strategy if it actually meant anything. Troy or Alex, it doesn't matter. Neither one scares anybody.
Share 49ersWebzone