LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Deion Sanders calls playcalling....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Singletary said the Niners were surprised at how deep san diego's safety's were playing in the second half----shouldn't an offense be able to respond to that immediatey? You would think a QB who has played 6 years in the NFL has seen most everything and can adjust in the huddle or at the line in about 5 seconds--before the ball is snapped.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I've been saying this all year.

No you haven't. You've said Alex sucks many times but that's about it

If you would read other posts besides the Alex ones you would notice that I have been very critical of MJ.

If you've been saying it "all year" I'm pretty sure you can easily show us some examples?

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...

You might be new here so you dont whats been said.

Here read this thread Im sure I called him out at some point in it. I dont care enough to look through all the pages.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127887&page=1&highlight=mike%20johnson

I've been on here all season, and I don't recall you saying it once. But if you have I'll take your word for it. What I have read is many comments saying everything is Alex's fault.

How do you negotiate those two opposing viewpoints? It's okay to say MJ/Sing's play calling is bad, but that only proves that it's not all Alex's fault.

I never said it was ALL his fault but much of it is and was.

I wish I had the time and desire to go back and quote your posts, but I don't.

So are you now stating for the record that our lack of success is NOT all Alex's fault, and that indeed our play calling has hurt his ability to succeed?

Well it certainly hasn't helped, but why are you turning this into a Alex Smith thread ?

Wow Sus, you are a real patient man aren't you? Kudos to that. For the record, I've read many threads and responses that you have written that very CLEARLY blame other factors, players, et, ad nausea for the failings of this team. However, I am on-board for the EPIC FAIL of A smith, thou not all of this garbage is his fault. He is after all, a good guy, just not a real good quarterback in the NFL regardless of coaching changes et all excuses..

Your cool head prevails, this time..
Originally posted by Joecool:
Deon's quotes has Crabtree written all over. They are tight and I'm sure Crabs has spoken to Deon about this s**tty coaching.

Oh for sure. They are from the same "camp."
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Singletary said the Niners were surprised at how deep san diego's safety's were playing in the second half----shouldn't an offense be able to respond to that immediatey? You would think a QB who has played 6 years in the NFL has seen most everything and can adjust in the huddle or at the line in about 5 seconds--before the ball is snapped.

He needs at least 2 more years of continuity. Then we'll see.
Originally posted by nooj:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

He needs at least 2 more years of continuity. Then we'll see.

Just like we played off their WRs...they torched us constantly.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Not to mention if you have in fact been saying it all year, and do believe that our play calling is terrible, then doesn't that take away from your argument that our lack of success is all Alex's fault? You can't have it both ways...

Actually, susweel can have it both ways. You just committed a major fallacy, my friend.

They can both suck. You just can't tell for sure if one is dragging the other down with them or not.

However, it is unlikely that Mike Johnson is a genius and Alex Smith is the reason for his failure.

But you can deduce from past failures that more likely than not Alex is the one doing the dragging.

Its not like MJ's the first OC Alex has had trouble with. He's struggled in every offensive scheme he's ever played in, and one guy (Martz) didnt even want to give him a chance.
You do understand your making the OP's point right? Every qb, Alex included, has failed miserably, so simple reasoning says that it's not solely a qb issue, but a systemic failure.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
We need an ex head coach OC who knows what he's doing.

If Sing wants to keep his job, he can just be a motivational speaking type coach.
Let the coaches coach or bye bye coach Sing.

Bring in Mcnabb, and it's all good.

Dude have you seen McNabb play? He used to be a very good QB, but he absolutely sucks now.

So he is a Hall of Famer when he stayed in the same system but when he gets too a new one he struggles? Who would have thunk a QB like McNabb would struggle having to learn a new system? I don't want McNabb unless we bring in Marty Morneweg
Does Jed York have an 49er fan email box? We should be able to write this guy.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Deon's quotes has Crabtree written all over. They are tight and I'm sure Crabs has spoken to Deon about this s**tty coaching.

Oh for sure. They are from the same "camp."

One of the other guys in the booth kept saying the opposite, that Sing deserved another year.

I'll bet there are two camps on the team now, those who love Sing and those who do not.
He was being very kind!

I hate all the tunrover and really wanted Sing to stay for at least his contract. But we need coaches that will not be out smarted every week and almost every play of a game.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"Pathetic, absolutly atrotious."

He didn't call out any coaches, but he did rip on the play calling. He said it was pathetic about three times.
He said that its ridiculous that we didn't use VD. We didn't motion him, move him around, line em up in the slot...nothing... He said we had no chance and its like if they didn't even throw to Vincent Jackson, even though he came off injury and suspension. When you have a talent like that, you have to use them....

He was also mentioning how we didn't use Westbrook and our gameplan was non existant. HAHAHA

Discuss

Can't argue with him and just about every single person here agrees. I truely believe with the right QB and playcaller this team can compete.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
We need an ex head coach OC who knows what he's doing.

If Sing wants to keep his job, he can just be a motivational speaking type coach.
Let the coaches coach or bye bye coach Sing.

Bring in Mcnabb, and it's all good.

McNabb lol he sucks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
I've been saying this all year.

No you haven't. You've said Alex sucks many times but that's about it

If you would read other posts besides the Alex ones you would notice that I have been very critical of MJ.

If you've been saying it "all year" I'm pretty sure you can easily show us some examples?

You might be new here so you dont whats been said.

Here read this thread Im sure I called him out at some point in it. I dont care enough to look through all the pages.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=127887&page=1&highlight=mike%20johnson

I've been on here all season, and I don't recall you saying it once. But if you have I'll take your word for it. What I have read is many comments saying everything is Alex's fault.

How do you negotiate those two opposing viewpoints? It's okay to say MJ/Sing's play calling is bad, but that only proves that it's not all Alex's fault.

I never said it was ALL his fault but much of it is and was.

I wish I had the time and desire to go back and quote your posts, but I don't.

So are you now stating for the record that our lack of success is NOT all Alex's fault, and that indeed our play calling has hurt his ability to succeed?

Well it certainly hasn't helped, but why are you turning this into a Alex Smith thread ?

Wow Sus, you are a real patient man aren't you? Kudos to that. For the record, I've read many threads and responses that you have written that very CLEARLY blame other factors, players, et, ad nausea for the failings of this team. However, I am on-board for the EPIC FAIL of A smith, thou not all of this garbage is his fault. He is after all, a good guy, just not a real good quarterback in the NFL regardless of coaching changes et all excuses..

Your cool head prevails, this time..

lol

Thnaks bro.
Should have known Mike Johnson was overrated....look who hired him.
Share 49ersWebzone