There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This is how bad Niner football has become.

Originally posted by 9erred:
I planned my father son time for a few days. We barbequed, discussed how important the game was to the Niners, needing to beat a play off calibur team, and the need to win on the road. The need to have back to back wins towards the end of the season, etc. etc.

I arranged for my wife to go shopping with our daughter, so they would not interfere with our game watching. Before they left I witnessed the Niners scoring a field goal, taking the penalty for leverage (right call), watched them not go for the end zone passing, go for it on fourth and inches, and call a play that got stuffed 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Watched Brooks drop an interception that had TD written all over it. Watched the wrong Smith get ejected (Justin not Alex). At that point I actually chose to go shopping over watching the niners. I HATE shopping but I also HATE watching an undisciplined unprepared team.

I called my son in the 4th quarter praying that the Niners pulled ahead and my small act of not watching the game would be a regret, and he simply said, 31- zero you missed nothing. I hung up in disgust.

Thank you Yorks, Singletary and Alex Smith for wasting another NFL season.

I decided months ago that 3 1/2 hours of my life are wasted watching this sorry ass team so I DVR it and now only lose 1 hour of quality of life. I recommend this to all.
I watched every second of that horrible game.

Wow. This team is just...

Wow.
Watching the game is alot like voting, if things go wrong you have the right to voice your opinions. No matter how painful it is to watch them.

I truly feel for the players who saw no adjustments what so ever the game and had to play this out to the end.

Great player don't make great Coaches.....DEAL WITH IT YORKS!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I planned my father son time for a few days. We barbequed, discussed how important the game was to the Niners, needing to beat a play off calibur team, and the need to win on the road. The need to have back to back wins towards the end of the season, etc. etc.

I arranged for my wife to go shopping with our daughter, so they would not interfere with our game watching. Before they left I witnessed the Niners scoring a field goal, taking the penalty for leverage (right call), watched them not go for the end zone passing, go for it on fourth and inches, and call a play that got stuffed 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Watched Brooks drop an interception that had TD written all over it. Watched the wrong Smith get ejected (Justin not Alex). At that point I actually chose to go shopping over watching the niners. I HATE shopping but I also HATE watching an undisciplined unprepared team.

I called my son in the 4th quarter praying that the Niners pulled ahead and my small act of not watching the game would be a regret, and he simply said, 31- zero you missed nothing. I hung up in disgust.

Thank you Yorks, Singletary and Alex Smith for wasting another NFL season.

I feel the sentiment, heck i nearly gave up on this thing when we were 0-5 knowing that 0-5 teams never make the playoffs.... but this is premature. It's not over yet.

We need three things...

KC over StL
TB (at home) over SEA
win out (@ StL, home ARZ)

That's it and we're hosting a playoff game. Not saying to plan your playoff celebration yet, just saying to keep things in perspective. I expect TB to be favored over SEA and I wouldn't be shocked if we won out, a lot is riding on KC over St Louis.

Stop it already! Have you no pride? Still talking playoffs? Do I need to quote Mora's famous playoff speech? This team has no business being in the playoffs. It would be an embarrassment. Let's concentrate on getting some deserved wins and improving the team from top to bottom before looking to join a party we don't belong at.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
I turned it over to watch Christmas programming...I HATE Christmas programming!!

I don't want to defend Johnson on here but we've not faced a defense like we did Thursday all year!

They're not the #1 rank defensive team for nothing and they've been shutting down top WR's all year!! Playing against Seattle's 30th ranked pass def. just gave us a false sense of security. To play QB in this league you need to be somewhat fearless to throw the ball and make plays. Alex is too cautious to make plays out of nothing and will never get the next level.

We have to take our lumps Niner fans' because MJ is a rookie OC and Singletary is a village idiot who has zero knowledge of the game outside of his run it up the middle mantra.

While I'm okay with giving Alex more rope and letting him throw into tight coverage but are you okay if he has more int's because of that kind of play? It has been drilled into his head by our HC that he must protect the ball at all costs. This is not a trivial matter if you are the starter. Do you ignore your HC, cause if you do, then you don't start. Its easy to say these things about the qb because he is the focal point of the O but its just not that simple.
Make sure Jed sends you a Christmas card
I have been a Niner fan for 32 years, since I was eight years old have not missed one play of a game.

Last night was the first time (in 32 years) that I turned off the game and went to the gym. I did not think about what might have been happening, I did not watch post game... I didn't care.

It has taken 8 years to feel this way, but until someone stops baby Jed from putting square pegs into round holes, I am done.

Does anyone else feel this way, or have I just lost the faith? I need a couch.
Yes, now you have become Faithless.

But dont worry brighter days are ahead.
You know your team is bad when you lose your son as a result. My son started going to Niners games with me when he was 8 years old. He was my one constant companion for all home and a few away games. Over the years and as the Niners organization sank deeper and deeper into irrelevance, my son has grown away from the SF 49ers. Today he is 19 and no longer interested in going to games with his dad, except out of pity for his pop who can't bribe family or friends to go to a game these days. The Niners are so bad today that a generation of Faithful may be lost...
I doubt that was your first time not watching a full 9er game
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes, now you have become Faithless.

But dont worry brighter days are ahead.

I turned it over to watch Christmas programming...I HATE Christmas programming!!

I don't want to defend Johnson on here but we've not faced a defense like we did Thursday all year!

They're not the #1 rank defensive team for nothing and they've been shutting down top WR's all year!! Playing against Seattle's 30th ranked pass def. just gave us a false sense of security. To play QB in this league you need to be somewhat fearless to throw the ball and make plays. Alex is too cautious to make plays out of nothing and will never get the next level.We have to take our lumps Niner fans' because MJ is a rookie OC and Singletary is a village idiot who has zero knowledge of the game outside of his run it up the middle mantra.

I don't understand why we are not taking more chances as an offense. Seriously, we have nothing to lose. I know our offense is horrible, but there was absolutely no creativity or killer instinct in last night's game. This offense has made no consistent progress since 2006.
Originally posted by eahudson49:
You know your team is bad when you lose your son as a result. My son started going to Niners games with me when he was 8 years old. He was my one constant companion for all home and a few away games. Over the years and as the Niners organization sank deeper and deeper into irrelevance, my son has grown away from the SF 49ers. Today he is 19 and no longer interested in going to games with his dad, except out of pity for his pop who can't bribe family or friends to go to a game these days. The Niners are so bad today that a generation of Faithful may be lost...

Damn, man...that's the worst. It's the exact opposite for me. My dad and I have hit up Niner games for decades together. But right around 2005, he came less and less interested. Now, he's in his mid-60's and although he still watches from home, I can't even drag my old man to more than one game (if that) per year. He's over it, and convinced that he won't see another 49er Super Bowl in his lifetime.
I hope we dont' make the playoffs!!!
we have no biz being there this year!!!

we need to regroup from top to bottom.
Originally posted by rk1642:

They're not the #1 rank defensive team for nothing and they've been shutting down top WR's all year!! Playing against Seattle's 30th ranked pass def. just gave us a false sense of security. To play QB in this league you need to be somewhat fearless to throw the ball and make plays. Alex is too cautious to make plays out of nothing and will never get the next level.

We have to take our lumps Niner fans' because MJ is a rookie OC and Singletary is a village idiot who has zero knowledge of the game outside of his run it up the middle mantra.

While I'm okay with giving Alex more rope and letting him throw into tight coverage but are you okay if he has more int's because of that kind of play? It has been drilled into his head by our HC that he must protect the ball at all costs. This is not a trivial matter if you are the starter. Do you ignore your HC, cause if you do, then you don't start. Its easy to say these things about the qb because he is the focal point of the O but its just not that simple.

As a QB in the NFL you have 3 or 4 seconds if you're lucky, to make a the right decision and Alex does what he's been doing since entering the league...OVER THINKING!!

It's just part of his personality and the only way he can overcome this is to stay in the same system for several years until the plays become automatic. Which is why we have a passive, non-aggressive QB in Alex Smith.