Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"
"Alex gives us the best chance to win"

I'm not sure the bolded part has ever been accurate.

His rookie season, Rattay gave us the best chance to win.
2006-2009, Shaun Hill was the best QB on the roster.
2010, Troy Smith is better.

Alex Smith was injured during the 2007-2009 seasons. And I believe it was said that Troy Smith knows 1/4th of the playbook. Now you take an already super predictable playbook and cut it down to 1/4th. Now it is even more predictable. Sorry but Alex Smith does give us the best chance to win. Plus it is not like Troy Smith was playing well the last 3 games he started. There was a reason he was benched.

That's true and he STILL made plays to pull of wins

What's the reason Singletary is thinking about going back to this guy who was benched for a reason? Probably a mixture of him not knowing what he is doing AND Troy has more wins in less games than Alex.

He made plays because he has the ability to turn nothing into at least something. Alex Smith doesn't have that. Do you really want Troy attempting to turn nothing into something on every single play? Because that is pretty much what he was doing his last couple of starts. The defenses were all over the plays before they ball was snapped and he was forced to improvise.

In all honesty, I don't know who I would rather have start

If Alex starts, we can have the OPTION to run more plays (will we, who knows) but we know for a fact we won't have too many big plays and I think in a war of "dinking and dunking", Bradford will prevail. His release is way too quick and he is far more accurate.

If Troy starts, will we be very limited but like we have seen from him, it's a Homerun or strikeout. All or nothing with Troy. He makes the big plays or he takes sacks and we go nowhere

I also know for a fact we wouldn't have beat the Rams the first time with Alex. Too many big time penalties and Alex can't overcome those. What to do what to do

Tell that to PHL and NO.

Screw it go college two QB system.

Overcame them just enough to barely lose....as usual

F**k it, lets go two QB's

to barely lose thanks to a crappy defense (NO) and a crappy OLine (PHL)
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"

Alex Smith was injured during the 2007-2009 seasons. And I believe it was said that Troy Smith knows 1/4th of the playbook. Now you take an already super predictable playbook and cut it down to 1/4th. Now it is even more predictable. Sorry but Alex Smith does give us the best chance to win. Plus it is not like Troy Smith was playing well the last 3 games he started. There was a reason he was benched.

What's the reason Singletary is thinking about going back to this guy who was benched for a reason? Probably a mixture of him not knowing what he is doing AND Troy has more wins in less games than Alex.

He made plays because he has the ability to turn nothing into at least something. Alex Smith doesn't have that. Do you really want Troy attempting to turn nothing into something on every single play? Because that is pretty much what he was doing his last couple of starts. The defenses were all over the plays before they ball was snapped and he was forced to improvise.

If Alex starts, we can have the OPTION to run more plays (will we, who knows) but we know for a fact we won't have too many big plays and I think in a war of "dinking and dunking", Bradford will prevail. His release is way too quick and he is far more accurate.

If Troy starts, will we be very limited but like we have seen from him, it's a Homerun or strikeout. All or nothing with Troy. He makes the big plays or he takes sacks and we go nowhere

I also know for a fact we wouldn't have beat the Rams the first time with Alex. Too many big time penalties and Alex can't overcome those. What to do what to do

Tell that to PHL and NO.

yeah, a crappy defense that had to overcome 5 turnovers including a safety from our offense yeah, REAL crappy and a crappy O-line who couldn't block Graham for 10 seconds while Alex rolled left and kept back peddling only to get sacked and fumble the ball and get it returned for a TD. Real crappy. Some of the things Troy overcame were NOT because HE dug himself in that hole. Alex on the other hand..........
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"

Tell that to PHL and NO.

yeah, a crappy defense that had to overcome 5 turnovers including a safety from our offense yeah, REAL crappy and a crappy O-line who couldn't block Graham for 10 seconds while Alex rolled left and kept back peddling only to get sacked and fumble the ball and get it returned for a TD. Real crappy. Some of the things Troy overcame were NOT because HE dug himself in that hole. Alex on the other hand..........

that just proves that Alex is the better QB
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"

Tell that to PHL and NO.

Because he digs himself into a hole only to attempt to climb out of it but yet fall short.......yeah, that makes sense
"Jed is learning from his uncle Eddie"

At this point, Jed either gets it or he's a drooling, mouth-breathing idiot.

If Uncle Eddie has any traction we'll know about it by the the end of January.
the Sing phrase that annoyed me most was "Physical with an F".

if this was 1975, or we were even built to be a physically dominating team, maybe his schemes would stand a chance.

when you make your style of play to pound it up the middle, and stop the opposing run game, you have to have a great OL and a solid secondary. we have neither. you cant punish with the run game and wear teams out when your line gets pushed around all day. and were great at stopping the run, except we cant stop the pass to save our lives. now the other team just passes on us all day long, and our run D then gets weaker overall due to having to make the LB focus on coverage.

the 49ers need to stop being so freakin cheap and just go pay up for an experienced, quality NFL caliber coach. and sign a GM who knows football and turn the team over to him Jed. get our stadium built, and just leave the football to someone who knows football.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM ]
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"

Tell that to PHL and NO.

Because he digs himself into a hole only to attempt to climb out of it but yet fall short.......yeah, that makes sense

it does when you consider the fact that Troy Smith can't even do that lol
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
"Jed is learning from his uncle Eddie"

At this point, Jed either gets it or he's a drooling, mouth-breathing idiot.

If Uncle Eddie has any traction we'll know about it by the the end of January.

yeaaa so when both Eddie and Jed say that it is true it must be false because you say so
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"

Tell that to PHL and NO.

Thank God we don't have TWO QB's that dig themselves into holes and TWO QB's who fall short of getting out of them. I'll take Troy in that aspect FTW
"we control our destiny"
"It's not over yet"

Tell that to PHL and NO.

Thank God we don't have TWO QB's that dig themselves into holes and TWO QB's who fall short of getting out of them. I'll take Troy in that aspect FTW

I think Troy could potentially compete next season when he has a semi full grasp of a playbook. Seems how more than likely we will have another new OC.

I compiled a list of all the Singletaryisms; did I miss any? any more?

- "we are going to impose our will"
- "smash mouth football"
- "I need to review the film"
- "Cant win with 'em"
- "Cant do it"
- "nutcracker drill"
- "we control our destiny"
- "It's not over yet"
- "Alex gives us the best chance to win"
- "We still can win the division"
- "Playoffs are within our grasp"
- "Alex just needs time to develop"
-" This team is special"
-"Our formula for success is this..."
- "we come out and hit people in the mouth"
- "we are young team still learning how to win"
- Dont tell me show me !"
- "I want winners ! "
- "We just didn't execute."
- "That's on me."
- "This team is gonna be special"
- "We'll see what needs to be fixed and go from there."
- "The way I look at it is this..."
- "blank is a work in progress."
-""We didn't do the things we needed to do to win the game."
-"We're a young team"
- "We will continue to get better"
- "Moving forward..."
- "Let me say this..."
- "Here's what I believe..."

Reporter: "Coach your team is 5-9, what went wrong this season?"

Singletary: "We have to go back and look at the film, Dennis."

Reporter: Coach..?

Singletary: I said we'll LOOK AT THE GOD D**N FILM..... NEXT QUESTION!!!
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
I compiled a list of all the Singletaryisms; did I miss any? any more?

- "we are going to impose our will"
- "smash mouth football"
- "I need to review the film"
- "Cant win with 'em"
- "Cant do it"
- "nutcracker drill"
- "we control our destiny"
- "It's not over yet"
- "Alex gives us the best chance to win"
- "We still can win the division"
- "Playoffs are within our grasp"
- "Alex just needs time to develop"