There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Phrases I dont want to hear anymore..Singletaryisms

"QB driven league"
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prometheus:
For all his gaffes and bumbles and idiotic screwups, Singletary views himself as a big thinker and a problem solver. It's what I do says he. I know Sings problem, he was not born a termite.
Singletary is doing the best he can with the VERY limited background he has. He is very driven and will be a good HC someday, IMO, but he was elevated to the position LONG before he was ready.

He needs to go back to being an assistant DC on an established team and learn his craft. Jed did him no favors by his premature appointment.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
For all his gaffes and bumbles and idiotic screwups, Singletary views himself as a big thinker and a problem solver. It's what I do says he. I know Sings problem, he was not born a termite.
Singletary is doing the best he can with the VERY limited background he has. He is very driven and will be a good HC someday, IMO, but he was elevated to the position LONG before he was ready.

He needs to go back to being an assistant DC on an established team and learn his craft. Jed did him no favors by his premature appointment.

I think you are incorrect. If he had potential to be good he would be showing some progress learning on the job, instead he gets dumber by the week.
"Alex Smith starting QB for the 49ers"
"Head Coach of the 49ers, Mike Singletary"
"Mike Johson, OC for the 49ers"
  • fly15
  • Veteran
AS: I can make plays with my feet
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

I think you are incorrect. If he had potential to be good he would be showing some progress learning on the job, instead he gets dumber by the week.
eh, he has made some progress. The problem is he started from such a low point it takes too long to get up to average.

My wife, a school teacher, has a saying about learning; "in order to learn something new, you MUST have some prior knowledge to hook on to." MS has so little prior knowledge it is hard for him to order what he has learned.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
"Alex Smith starting QB for the 49ers"
"Head Coach of the 49ers, Mike Singletary"
"Mike Johson, OC for the 49ers"

This.
"Tremendous upside" Every time I hear some analyst or commentator say it I want to smack 'em upside the head.
"This team is gonna be special"

DJ

You're a very solid poster and I totally recpect your opinion, but I think you got this one wrong man. Maybe.... Maybe Sing could be an ok college coach at a small school.

His prob is when thigs go wrong, he can't fix them.
He doesn't know how to draw up a game plan on either side of the ball.
After this mess there is no way in hell and NFL owner will give him another shot at a head coaching job.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bjghum:

DJ

You're a very solid poster and I totally recpect your opinion, but I think you got this one wrong man. Maybe.... Maybe Sing could be an ok college coach at a small school.

His prob is when thigs go wrong, he can't fix them.
He doesn't know how to draw up a game plan on either side of the ball.
After this mess there is no way in hell and NFL owner will give him another shot at a head coaching job.
We are of the same opinion.

I'll repost a portion of an earlier post in this thread that summarizes my thoughts on Sing.

My wife, a school teacher, has a saying about learning; "in order to learn something new, you MUST have some prior knowledge to hook on to." MS has so little prior knowledge it is hard for him to order what he has learned.

He needs to go back and take a job on the staff of a good team and complete his prior learning experience if he is to ever become a HC again. He would be a good fit as a LB coach for NE. Under Belichick he would learn how a defensive-minded coach can also have a solid offense, AND how to organize and motivate a team.

I know Bad Bill from Boston has a lot of critics but their criticism is not about how he runs that team. IMO, he is the best in the league right now. If I were Singletary, I would be making a phone call to Bill to inquire about a job opening.
a text to Bristol CT with

"we(49ers) are going to win our divsion and make the playoffs"
a phrase I don't want to hear from some of the whining fans:

Just put Nate in there, it can't be any worse
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
a text to Bristol CT with

"we(49ers) are going to win our divsion and make the playoffs"
"We'll see what needs to be fixed and go from there."

"The way I look at it is this..."

"blank is a work in progress."

The nonsense about us being a young team is one I hate the most because we've been hearing that since Nolan's second year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home