There are 216 users in the forums

Phrases I dont want to hear anymore..Singletaryisms

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by jreff22:
"Alex will be good if....."

I want to hear instead:

"Alex is good despite...." just like "Patrick Willis is good despite...." or "Frank Gore is good despite...."

I also don't want to hear that

"Alex should be resigned as a backup for the 49ers."

When you have garbage in the house, you throw it away. Alex is garbage....For those who comprehend basic logic, you should be able to determine my conclusion.

so we can dump...

Snyder
Chilo
Carr
T Smith
Evans
Brown
Clements
Goldson
Norris
Franklin
and others

Let's start with the longest tenured players, and go right down the line.

right now i can count about 10 guys we should dump ASAP
We just didn't execute."
"Alex gives us the best chance to win"
"Troy gives us the best chance to win"
"Bring in Troy cuz he'll take a chance down the field"
"Please start Nate Davis"
"Anything about winning against a good or bad team"
"The D had a decent game"
"The O wasnt that bad"
"Troy is 3-2, Alex is 2-7"

And finally, the way I see it, the niners suck on the road, and against good teams. Our 5 wins, whether with Troy or Alex have come agains suck ass teams IMHO. We are horrible on the road and it doesnt matter who we have at QB.

Troy was pretty good or a quick spark, and GB was his coming out game, but he went back in, after beating a few bad teams. Same with Smith, he lost against most of the proven teams in the beginning of the year, beat Seattle, just to lose again to the no 1 defense and 2 offense in the Chargers.

And by the way if anyone watched Sound FX on Mike, u heard him tell Johnson to go back to the run. I'll say give me Norv Turner and/or guy that knows QB's and offenses, and I bet you Both Smith's and even N. Davis, would be above average QB's.
" We didnt execute"

Sing- You need to be executed as the head coach of the niners
Originally posted by denver49ersfan:
" We didnt execute"

Sing- You need to be executed as the head coach of the niners

All the talk about how sometimes you just get out coached. Or sometimes the secondary just doesn't have a good game (after GB).

Those are things you don't say publicly. All coaches know when you lose its on the coach, when you win its all on the players.

I want to hear instead:

"Alex is good despite...." just like "Patrick Willis is good despite...." or "Frank Gore is good despite...."

When you have garbage in the house, you throw it away. Alex is garbage....For those who comprehend basic logic, you should be able to determine my conclusion.

so we can dump...

Snyder
Chilo
Carr
T Smith
Evans
Brown
Clements
Goldson
Norris
Franklin
and others

Snyder and Franklin?
Originally posted by English:

I want to hear instead:

so we can dump...

Snyder
Chilo
Carr
T Smith
Evans
Brown
Clements
Goldson
Norris
Franklin
and others

Snyder and Franklin?

Snyder wouldn't be on the roster of a good team, he is a liability when he plays. And Franklin has played less then stellar this year, proving it was a contract year that drove him in the first place.
Any phrases that come out of Singletary's mouth.
Any phrases that come out and refer to or excuses the poor play of A. Smith
Any phrases about the new stadium
Any phrases about the ticket prices going up.

I want to hear instead:

so we can dump...

Snyder
Chilo
Carr
T Smith
Evans
Brown
Clements
Goldson
Norris
Franklin
and others

Snyder and Franklin?

Snyder wouldn't be on the roster of a good team, he is a liability when he plays. And Franklin has played less then stellar this year, proving it was a contract year that drove him in the first place.

Snyder is a dead liability at tackle but ok at guard. And whilst you are probably right about Franklin right now he is the nearest thing we have at that position.

I want to hear instead:

so we can dump...

Snyder
Chilo
Carr
T Smith
Evans
Brown
Clements
Goldson
Norris
Franklin
and others

Snyder and Franklin?

Snyder is a dead liability at tackle but ok at guard. And whilst you are probably right about Franklin right now he is the nearest thing we have at that position.

Considering we will be starting from scratch very soon I would rather draft some new guys and get some need blood in here from FA. Let the old Nolan/Sing bulls**t walk out the front door forever.

• dj43
"throw a receiver open"

It appears this is the new catch phrase in NT. It is so over-used and misapplied that it no longer has meaning. Further, it is only works when receivers are actually gaining separation at some point. 49ers receivers don't.

Unless you have guys like Vincent Jackson who is MUCH bigger and stronger than the defender, it doesn't work. It isn't some magic wand that suddenly turns sub-average receivers into Jerry Rice incarnate.
"That's on me."
  • dj43
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
"Alex gives us the best chance to win"
"Troy gives us the best chance to win"
"Bring in Troy cuz he'll take a chance down the field"
"Please start Nate Davis"
"Anything about winning against a good or bad team"
"The D had a decent game"
"The O wasnt that bad"
"Troy is 3-2, Alex is 2-7"

And finally, the way I see it, the niners suck on the road, and against good teams. Our 5 wins, whether with Troy or Alex have come agains suck ass teams IMHO. We are horrible on the road and it doesnt matter who we have at QB.

Troy was pretty good or a quick spark, and GB was his coming out game, but he went back in, after beating a few bad teams. Same with Smith, he lost against most of the proven teams in the beginning of the year, beat Seattle, just to lose again to the no 1 defense and 2 offense in the Chargers.

And by the way if anyone watched Sound FX on Mike, u heard him tell Johnson to go back to the run. I'll say give me Norv Turner and/or guy that knows QB's and offenses, and I bet you Both Smith's and even N. Davis, would be above average QB's.

WINNAH!!
Well, when he's fired after this season, he'll be another team's problem and we won't have to hear them anymore.
For all his gaffes and bumbles and idiotic screwups, Singletary views himself as a big thinker and a problem solver. It's what I do says he. I know Sings problem, he was not born a termite.
Share 49ersWebzone