There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary on KNBR (12/14) waste of time

Singletary was horrible once again this morning. He has to be the worst interview ever. He is horrible coach, and I have no idea who thinks he is a motivational speaker. He is embarrassing...

They have the show so he can speak to the fans, he is clueless.
After the niners win, he comes on the show and adds nothing… every answer is one or two words. Then he can’t even answer a question because he watching the film on San Diego.

They even ask him a Brett Favre question and about the streak ending. He can’t answer that question either because he has been watching film. Sad representation of the 49ers organization... wow

Please fire him already.....

http://knbr.com/OnKNBR680/MurphandMac/tabid/584/Default.aspx
always is. To think that this guy used to get paid big money just to speak
u mad?
hopefully he couldn't answer anything because he spent all night Sunday preparing for the Chargers and as got 5 hours of sleep the last 48 hours from preparing.
Singletary...

as Cohn said last week this guy is a typical Middle Linebacker that doesnt understand the importance of the quarterback position.

Murph asked about if Sing pays attention to Alex's career best QB rating.

"No i don't look at that at all. I just watch film" lol
Originally posted by fc0828:
Singletary was horrible once again this morning. He has to be the worst interview ever. He is horrible coach, and I have no idea who thinks he is a motivational speaker. He is embarrassing...

After the niners win, he comes on the show and adds nothing… every answer is one or two words. Then he can’t even answer a question because he watching the film on San Diego.

They even ask him a Brett Favre question and about the streak ending. He can’t answer that question either because he has been watching film. Sad representation of the 49ers organization... wow

Im not defending him but it sounded like Murph was pressing him too much on Favre. He obviously wasn't interested in talking about the game last night and Murph kept pressing him on it and even setting up an answer for him. It seems like that was his last question and he was just trying to extend the interview over 10 mins.

So you dog the man for not being a "game planner" or a "strategist", yet dog him because he is doing his job and watching film on the opposing team we play on a short week. You say he's a sad representation of the franchise, and I'm sure you could do a much better job.

I'm sure doing this show was the LAST thing on his mind, while he is out fighting for his livelihood. This was probably a decision he made before the season started and felt obligated to at least keep his word to appear on the show. The man is a phenomenal motivational speaker and gets paid for it rather you like it or not, thousands of others have paid to hear the man speak.

As far as his representation goes, what would you rather him be like Rex Ryan and pull gimmick stunts like compare himself to Tom Brady and all this other haha funny mess, only to get dogged by a division rival? Oh and instead of buckling down and hold players accountable for their play, lets have Mike take the team out to bury a football?

I'm sure that qualifies as coaching at it's finest in your book. Mike Singletary is such an idiot for buckling down and dedicating him and his coaching staff to being better game planners and making his players responsible for their actions. Let's throw Mike Singletary under the bus for pulling his team together and righting the ship when it matters the most...RIGHT IN TIME FOR THE PLAYOFFS! The sole reason we play the regular season. While teams like the Jets, Bucs, Ravens, etc seem to be falling apart at the seams, we are buckling our belts up and going to work.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

So you dog the man for not being a "game planner" or a "strategist", yet dog him because he is doing his job and watching film on the opposing team we play on a short week. You say he's a sad representation of the franchise, and I'm sure you could do a much better job.

I'm sure doing this show was the LAST thing on his mind, while he is out fighting for his livelihood. This was probably a decision he made before the season started and felt obligated to at least keep his word to appear on the show. The man is a phenomenal motivational speaker and gets paid for it rather you like it or not, thousands of others have paid to hear the man speak.

As far as his representation goes, what would you rather him be like Rex Ryan and pull gimmick stunts like compare himself to Tom Brady and all this other haha funny mess, only to get dogged by a division rival? Oh and instead of buckling down and hold players accountable for their play, lets have Mike take the team out to bury a football?

I'm sure that qualifies as coaching at it's finest in your book. Mike Singletary is such an idiot for buckling down and dedicating him and his coaching staff to being better game planners and making his players responsible for their actions. Let's throw Mike Singletary under the bus for pulling his team together and righting the ship when it matters the most...RIGHT IN TIME FOR THE PLAYOFFS! The sole reason we play the regular season. While teams like the Jets, Bucs, Ravens, etc seem to be falling apart at the seams, we are buckling our belts up and going to work.

Buckling our belts up and going to work? Really? Wow...what a difference a win makes...I think Singletary has that cross around his neck to thank for that win more than he does any kind of sudden greatness at game prep! And where did you see that he has been a motivational speaker to thousands...just wondering...I have never seen the numbers...sounds like you possibly pulled that one out of your rear...Im glad you are optimistic though...that's cute The off-season can't come quick enough!
He knows he's pretty much done so he don't give a damn about PR anymore.
Originally posted by weezie49er:

Buckling our belts up and going to work? Really? Wow...what a difference a win makes...I think Singletary has that cross around his neck to thank for that win more than he does any kind of sudden greatness at game prep! And where did you see that he has been a motivational speaker to thousands...just wondering...I have never seen the numbers...sounds like you possibly pulled that one out of your rear...Im glad you are optimistic though...that's cute The off-season can't come quick enough!

1. I attend Baylor University where I personally have seen Singletary speak in front of thousands. He also has a motivational dvd out as well.

2. I'm not saying this ONE WIN means all is well, but we are 5-3 (should be 6-2had Alex not gotten knocked out of the Carolina game, since going 0-5. This is obvious progression and shows that not only are the players stepping up but so are the coaches. It was Singletary's choice to start Alex Smith when the world would have been fine with Troy Smith finishing the season. Obviously Mike saw something that made him believe Alex was a better fit, hate it or love it the man was right.

3. People like you who give up on your team because we are not crushing teams like the Pats or Falcons amuse me. You have no faith in your team, yet you wish ill of the man who is going to lead us to our first playoff game in 7 years. I dont care what the record during the regular season looks like if we get to the post season and win some games. Even if Sing just wins on game, I have to say job well done.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

1. I attend Baylor University where I personally have seen Singletary speak in front of thousands. He also has a motivational dvd out as well.

2. I'm not saying this ONE WIN means all is well, but we are 5-3 (should be 6-2had Alex not gotten knocked out of the Carolina game, since going 0-5. This is obvious progression and shows that not only are the players stepping up but so are the coaches. It was Singletary's choice to start Alex Smith when the world would have been fine with Troy Smith finishing the season. Obviously Mike saw something that made him believe Alex was a better fit, hate it or love it the man was right.

3. People like you who give up on your team because we are not crushing teams like the Pats or Falcons amuse me. You have no faith in your team, yet you wish ill of the man who is going to lead us to our first playoff game in 7 years. I dont care what the record during the regular season looks like if we get to the post season and win some games. Even if Sing just wins on game, I have to say job well done.

You must have become a fan in the 2-14 season of 2004 to see anything positive out of this season. We aren't making the play-offs. If we did at 7-9 in our weak division that is nothing to be proud of or build on. I have been a fan for almost 40 years and the last time I was this disgusted with management and coaching, was almost 35 years ago during the Joe Thomas era. That was back to back 2-14's.
Originally posted by BobS:

You must have become a fan in the 2-14 season of 2004 to see anything positive out of this season. We aren't making the play-offs. If we did at 7-9 in our weak division that is nothing to be proud of or build on. I have been a fan for almost 40 years and the last time I was this disgusted with management and coaching, was almost 35 years ago during the Joe Thomas era. That was back to back 2-14's.

If we make the playoffs, you will be either at the stadium or in front of the TV because we obviously played well enough down the stretch to overcome a 0-5 start and you are a fan of the team. If we win the division at 7-9, is it sad? Quite frankly, yes it is very sad but SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT so why not be us so we can get into the playoffs and compete with any team that comes to Candletick?
Originally posted by BobS:

I'm 26 forgive me but I can only claim to be a legitimate 49ers fan since around 1991, when I was first old enough to "understand" the basics of the game. In the late 90's when I started playing football I became more of a passionate fan of the 49ers as I understood more of the inner workings of the game. I come from a athletic family. My mother was all-state in track and field and softball in Texas. My dad was a successful high school football coach before his untimely death, I played high school football with Derrick Johnson of the KC Chiefs and several other current NFL players. One of my good friends is Tommie Harris of the Chicago Bears. My little brother Victor Johnson plays at OSU, and got reps as a true freshman. I'm coaching middle school right now and will be moving up to a big 5A Texas school soon I hope. So I know a thing or two about the game of football.

For you to say just because we may finish the season 7-9 and make the playoffs wouldn't be positive utterly ridiculous. That's like saying there is nothing positive about a 7-6 win because we only scored 7 points. For the most part football is a game of inches and if this was a college football conversation yes 7-9 is beyond miserable. But the NFL's scheduling procedures is far different from high school and college where you for the most part pick your schedule. We don't get judged on style points in the NFL, there is no computer system. 44 men line up on Sundays and fight it out, the last team left standing wins. Everything else is up to fate, and fate saw it fit that we make the playoffs with either a .500 or sub .500 record. Given our rough start, and tough schedule and considering that we have been a very poor and misguided franchise for at least 10 years before Mike got here I would say a playoff appearance is all we could ask at MAX.
When the casket drops on this foo he better be buried with a roll of film by his side

you sir are a clown!!!!!