There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

San Diego's Weaknesses on Defense

San Diego has an excellent pass defense, but they give up a ton of yards to Tight Ends and Running Backs Coming out of the backfield. Based on that, I'm hoping for a lot of 2-TE sets and screen plays to Westbrook to slow down their impressive pass-rush. In adjusted stats (for opponent strength), the chargers are 24th vs. Tight Ends and 24th vs RBs.

A competent head coach would plan that, but Singletary will probably give them a steady dose of runs up the middle.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The chance of exploiting a team's weakness with Dingletary? Good luck.
Get billick on the Phone!
I hope Singletary doesn't read this... He'll then throw it because they'll never expect it. Kindda like putting Norris as a WR this past sunday. Brilliant!
luckily their weaknesses is our strength
Grasping at straws. Sing's game plan doesn't include what the other team does - it's imposing our will crap.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

So you are saying Ginn is good for two kick off return TD's?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

So you are saying Ginn is good for two kick off return TD's?

he is capable

but i was talking about what OP said our strengths on offense is our mismatches in the passing game of our TE and RB
The Chargers ST's are awful and Ginn is very capable and due for a big return for a TD. Problem is, our ST's stink to and if he has a big run chances are it will be coming back due to a penalty on our end.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I hope Singletary doesn't read this... He'll then throw it because they'll never expect it. Kindda like putting Norris as a WR this past sunday. Brilliant!

I doubt that was Sing. That was MJ. And a move like that isn't to have Norris as a WR, but merely to take one less guy out of the box.
Yeah thats all our offense is right now, throwing to running backs and tight ends. So I don't see us changing that at all. We are just lucky that the one thing we do well is what they are bad at.
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Yeah thats all our offense is right now, throwing to running backs and tight ends. So I don't see us changing that at all. We are just lucky that the one thing we do well is what they are bad at.

Err...you do realize thats where the brunt of our Talent is right?? We have one of the worst WR trios in the league.
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Originally posted by OX49er253:

Err...you do realize thats where the brunt of our Talent is right?? We have one of the worst WR trios in the league.

Hey I would do the same thing if I were either of the Smiths. Our WR's suck. I'm just saying, people are assuming (sarcastically) Sing will go away from what is our only passing attack because they are irrational. My point is that we have been doing the same thing all year. So I expect a heavy dose of runs, and ball control to try to keep the potent San Diego offense off the field. When we do throw I expect Vernon/Delanie and and Westbrook to see the majority of the targets. Its not a change in philosophy or some unique game plan. Its just what we do, and what we do happens to be there weakness.

This. Lets just hope Alex doesn't feed their good secondary ANYTHING! We have a chance as long as there are no mistakes.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Dec 14, 2010 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Are you kidding me??? He actually did that? I didn't see the game.