LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Alex Smiths PostGame Lockeroom Leadership

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Troy did a great job with the chance he had just kind of wish a guy who throws for 350 in his 3rd NFL start could finish out the year
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Duz he haz teh swag tho?? No. He suxorz then!

Nice subtle racist undertones.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Duz he haz teh swag tho?? No. He suxorz then!

Nice subtle racist undertones.

Since when is the word swag racist?
Originally posted by CollgeBoyWithaSS:
Not as good as Troy Smiths postgame speeches but its a good step !

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Locker-Room-Postgame-vs-Seattle/117ceb90-24f2-4632-85cb-9bc0425be22c#?id=117ceb90-24f2-4632-85cb-9bc0425be22c

What leadership??
I remember when Singletary was considered a great speaker.
Singletary is all about the film.

Alex Smith has the personality of a fork but you can't help but root for the guy.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Troy did a great job with the chance he had just kind of wish a guy who throws for 350 in his 3rd NFL start could finish out the year

no.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

no.

Troy Smith did what a good backup does. Play well for a couple of games before he got exposed like all backup QB's always do.
Alex isn't a fiery type of guy, it's just not him. You can tell in this video he's modest and soft spoken when it comes to taking credit for anything. Can he still win being that kind of guy, I say yes. I think once he and the players around him become more consistent, he'll start to be more of the leader everyone wants him to be.

Oh and LOL at Norris hitting Vernon on the shoulder at the end and Vernon not knowing who the heck did it. Norris just walked away all sneaky like.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
People still think this guy is a good QB. :-D

Originally posted by jimrat201:
People still think this guy is a good QB. :-D

he is.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by binary2nd:

no.

Troy Smith did what a good backup does. Play well for a couple of games before he got exposed like all backup QB's always do.

Yep, it's too bad half of Niner Talk jumped on the bandwagon and declared him the 2nd coming.
I agree that Alex is a "good" quaterback but in SF we need more then just a "good," QB, we need him to be very good from time to time.

You know, game winning drives, putting the team on his back to win a game when we're down. He needs to show everyone he can be that guy if not we need to find someone who can.

If we could combined Troy Smith and Alex Smith we'd have a very calm, athletic accurate quarterback with leadership skills....ummm sounds alot like that Montana fella!
I thought the video showed how good of a leader Willis is. He definitely is one of the hearts of this team.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I remember once seeing a Montana locker room speech that was anything but inspiring. It's what you do on the field that inspires.
Share 49ersWebzone