There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Arizona Cardinals)

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?


no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.


That's the same kind of short-sighted thinking this team has shown the last several years. I'm glad you can enjoy mediocrity.

Hand over the man card, raise your right hand, and say "I want the 49ers to lose to Darnell Dockett and the Arizona Cardinals".

This "Hand over the man card" sounds like something Singletary would come up with, so your short-sighted logic does make sense. You talk about looking forward to next year like it's a bad thing. This team is pathetic. The coach is one of the dumbest people I've ever seen. If you really want to hold onto this season by hoping we win a meaningless game to go 6-10 (WOW that's so awesome!) then go ahead. But others that are hoping that we actually improve next year instead off sucking like we have the last decade are hoping for more than ONE meaningless win.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?


no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.


That's the same kind of short-sighted thinking this team has shown the last several years. I'm glad you can enjoy mediocrity.

Hand over the man card, raise your right hand, and say "I want the 49ers to lose to Darnell Dockett and the Arizona Cardinals".

This "Hand over the man card" sounds like something Singletary would come up with, so your short-sighted logic does make sense. You talk about looking forward to next year like it's a bad thing. This team is pathetic. The coach is one of the dumbest people I've ever seen. If you really want to hold onto this season by hoping we win a meaningless game to go 6-10 (WOW that's so awesome!) then go ahead. But others that are hoping that we actually improve next year instead off sucking like we have the last decade are hoping for more than ONE meaningless win.

LOL It does sound like something he'd say!



Hand over your man card. Were gonna fail against AZ then watch some film!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I want Patrick Peterson in r1 and Stanzi r2! Come on, baby! With our luck, we'll just blow them out and be stuck in the 10 spot.

I'm not a big Stanzi guy but I could definitely live with that.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by Niners99:
you never want to lose. having pick 4 vs. pick 13 isnt that big of a deal. you can blow the pick from either spot and anywhere inbetween. the higher the pick, the more itll cost. We took Patrick Willis from slot 11, so its not like you cant find a franchise player in that range.

the dream scenario is hiring Holmgren to be GM, and letting him take over football operations. if that happens i dont give a crap what our draft slot is next year.

That is unless the team you are playing (the Cards) need a QB just like you do and you might be kicking yourself if they get him and you don't or it could be the Leaf vs Manning deal. Its a crapshoot either way

We're not getting the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, so no Leaf/Manning situation is possible.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Besides the draft order.....we can still end up 2nd in the west......I don't want a 2nd place schedule for next year.....

THIS. THERE IS NOTHING GOOD THAT WILL COME OUT OF WINNING THIS GAME.

ASIDE FROM WINNING THE GAME.

P.S. You have NO IDEA that losing the game will end up being better for the team either...
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I want Patrick Peterson in r1 and Stanzi r2! Come on, baby! With our luck, we'll just blow them out and be stuck in the 10 spot.

I'm not a big Stanzi guy but I could definitely live with that.

I'm hoping that we grab a Bulger, Hasslebeck, or McNabb for Stanzi to sit behind and not go the Alex Smith rushed-to-bust route.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I want Patrick Peterson in r1 and Stanzi r2! Come on, baby! With our luck, we'll just blow them out and be stuck in the 10 spot.

I'm not a big Stanzi guy but I could definitely live with that.

I'm hoping that we grab a Bulger, Hasslebeck, or McNabb for Stanzi to sit behind and not go the Alex Smith rushed-to-bust route.

Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?


no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

that just simply not true, u want ur team to win a meaningless game for what reason? oh im not a true fan bc i want my team to improve next year and get better players. Seems to me that ur just not thinkin with ur head, seasons over let it go.

Say it out loud. Say "I want my team to lose to the Arizona Cardinals". That's ridiculous. You play to win, not to set up next year. Go to Santa Clara and tell Patrick Willis that he should lose the game so they can get a better draft pick. Let me know how that goes. Tell Takeo Spikes they should lose the game.



Have you ever competed at anything in your whole life? Did you want to lose so that next year might be better?

i get it, u dont like logic, i will end this debate because u simply want ur team to screw up their draft pick like they have been at the end of the season for the last 8 years, but no your right, our last win will count as a moral victory and will give us some momentum going into next year.

All those teams drafting outside of the top half of the draft have been horrible the last decade, right? If only the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Packers, and Eagles could have only lost an extra game or two and moved up a spots in the draft in a couple of those years. They would have been SOOO much better!
Originally posted by thedude:

The Dockett comment was more of a joke, and I agree he has no room to talk. But I've just never been able to grasp one's ability to be a fan while still rooting for his/her team to lose for a supposed better long-term benefit. Who's to say we even draft the right guy at 5-6, maybe the guy at 9-10 would be a better value anyway. Tanking a game for the benefit, especially in the NFL where high draft picks so frequently don't pan out, just seems ludicrous. But to each his own, have fun not rooting for the Cardinals but hoping the 49ers lose next weekend.

Great post! (especially the bold)
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?


no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

that just simply not true, u want ur team to win a meaningless game for what reason? oh im not a true fan bc i want my team to improve next year and get better players. Seems to me that ur just not thinkin with ur head, seasons over let it go.

Say it out loud. Say "I want my team to lose to the Arizona Cardinals". That's ridiculous. You play to win, not to set up next year. Go to Santa Clara and tell Patrick Willis that he should lose the game so they can get a better draft pick. Let me know how that goes. Tell Takeo Spikes they should lose the game.



Have you ever competed at anything in your whole life? Did you want to lose so that next year might be better?

i get it, u dont like logic, i will end this debate because u simply want ur team to screw up their draft pick like they have been at the end of the season for the last 8 years, but no your right, our last win will count as a moral victory and will give us some momentum going into next year.

All those teams drafting outside of the top half of the draft have been horrible the last decade, right? If only the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Packers, and Eagles could have only lost an extra game or two and moved up a spots in the draft in a couple of those years. They would have been SOOO much better!

Apples and Oranges
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,225
"we will score"
Sadly we played for the division lead this week and could finish the season last in the division next week.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by thedude:

The Dockett comment was more of a joke, and I agree he has no room to talk. But I've just never been able to grasp one's ability to be a fan while still rooting for his/her team to lose for a supposed better long-term benefit. Who's to say we even draft the right guy at 5-6, maybe the guy at 9-10 would be a better value anyway. Tanking a game for the benefit, especially in the NFL where high draft picks so frequently don't pan out, just seems ludicrous. But to each his own, have fun not rooting for the Cardinals but hoping the 49ers lose next weekend.

Great post! (especially the bold)

Thanks, just don't get the logic behind wanting your team to lose to get a better draft pick - hell, we had the #1 overall pick not so long ago and are still trying to recover from it!
It's time loose.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,624
Go, Niners, go!