LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Mike Singletary deserves credit for switch back to Alex Smith - PFT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
He derserves credit..fine. But he should have put Alex in during the 3rd quarter LAST week vs the Packers...or maybe when we were getting torched by the Bucs. I think Alex would have kept us in the Bucs game...maybe pull out a win. He would have beat the Cardinals...and we'd be at 6-7 right now going into SD. And right about now...ONE game going our way would have been really nice.

I think you are very much right here... but we will never know.
He's a blind fool who got lucky.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It was a great move, we should sign Sing to an extension ASAP.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Dude seriously he could deliver your baby and you would still hate him. Just let him have one week, ONE WEEK! The hate is strong in this one.
He should all so deserve credit for getting another kicker.
The catalyst was Frank Gore's injury.

I believe MS would have stayed with Troy if Frank were still healthy.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Switching up after Troy stunk 2 games in a row? Pure genius, put him in the HOF.
Originally posted by fakers23:
It's 1 game... Talk about ovehyping things.. Let's see him do it against the Chargers before we give Dingleberry credit!
Agree. Hasselbeck threw that game away. Those interceptions were bad decisions not awesome defense. 5 turnovers will kill you 99% of the time. And why give Sing credit for allowing Alex to play to his strengths in game 13? That just reminds us that Sing has sucked with his Gore up the gut philosophy. If Alex can play well for consecutive games and they at least give San Diego a fight I will be surprised and a little impressed.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I will give him credit if he can beat the Chargers. Until then, we beat a mediocre team without their best WRs and an injured QB.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Credit? For setting up the insane lack of competition, making sure no other QB was allowed to properly prepare, and then having to go back to A.Smith because there was no other choice?!!!!!!!!!

Evidently he is getting credit for anything that doesn't seem completely stupid now as the bar has been lowered almost to the ground.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Its not popular to give credit to Singletary for anything, but he's been pretty good in shuffling his quarterbacks at the right time, skipping Carr on the depth chart to allow Troy to start against the Broncos, and then throwing Alex back into the starting rotation when it seemed Troy had shown as much as he was going to show this season without knowing the whole playbook.

This is true.

Not a Sing nuthugger, but you got him give him credit, he's slowly clawing his way through it. They (the team) haven't given up yet when by all rights they should have folded long ago.... they keep fighting, keep clawing...gotta give him credit for leading that with some tough, timely decisions.

I will say one thing about Sing, it is obvious the dude is a fighter that doesn't quit even when the adversity couldn't be more, and he seems to be able to get the team to hang and fight in there too.

Credit where credit is due.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I could see if he made the switch this week and beat San Diego, but it was against Seattle, even Troy Smith could've beaten those scrubs. Especially with the way our defense played and kicking game also added 12 points. Lets see Sing and Alex Smith beat San Diego this Thursday, and in no way am I hoping they fail, I'll be laying down $300 +8.5.
He should have went back to him after the Tampa Bay game but I give Sing credit for at least putting him last week.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I could see if he made the switch this week and beat San Diego, but it was against Seattle, even Troy Smith could've beaten those scrubs. Especially with the way our defense played and kicking game also added 12 points. Lets see Sing and Alex Smith beat San Diego this Thursday, and in no way am I hoping they fail, I'll be laying down $300 +8.5.

Troy would not have beaten the hawks. He's been exposed.
Share 49ersWebzone