There are 274 users in the forums

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Let me guess. You support Alex Smith, and believe he should be given another chance next season as starter for this club.

NO you fool I don't support that. I don't live in your strange dualistic world...

I have stated many times that I think Alex needs to move on. I simply enjoy reality and pertinent facts. I've had this argument with you, and it is obvious to everyone that you are one of the small group of unabashed people who can really be called "haters".
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

PBM much ?

Wow, I had to look that up!

No, I was here along time ago, but my account got deleted after I didn't post for a few years. I doubt anyone would remember me... even krizay.
Originally posted by dj43:
Cant accurately assess his talent until we get a real quarterback throwing to him. Will have to wait until next year for that....

That statement disregards what experts like Brian Billick who note that he still runs sloppy routes.

Don't you know Z is more knowledgeable about football than some dumbass washed up coach? Whatever z says is the absolute, indisputable fact. Got it?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by susweel:
Crabs is a bum, I tell ya he's a bum, and he's always gonna be a bum, because he's a bum.

Lulz.

Ok, so seriously...

Even though I just posted things that appear pretty negative about Crabtree, I am not saying he is a bust or was a bad pick. He has shown flashes, done some good things, but has things he needs to work on. He still has potential, in my opinion.

Just remember the tale of Krizay and Vernon Davis.

Yah Crabs can be a good WR with a decent QB and good system. Its hard to judge the WRs with this garbage QB play and play calling. I dont think he is true number 1 WR though, wish we had drafted Dez Bryant.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Cant accurately assess his talent until we get a real quarterback throwing to him. Will have to wait until next year for that....

That statement disregards what experts like Brian Billick who note that he still runs sloppy routes.

Don't you know Z is more knowledgeable about football than some dumbass washed up coach? Whatever z says is the absolute, indisputable fact. Got it?

yes...
Originally posted by jreff22:

We have been able to assess Vernon pretty well

Sounds a lot like CrabtreExcuses to me. It's not holding Vernon back from the Pro Bowl.
Mike Sando has stats posted saying Crabtree only has 5 drops on the season. I want to know who is keeping these stats. By my count, Crabtree has at least 15 drops this season.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

PBM much ?

Wow, I had to look that up!

No, I was here along time ago, but my account got deleted after I didn't post for a few years. I doubt anyone would remember me... even krizay.

Mmmmhmmm...and your previous username was.....
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bad ball placement.

It's called cryptorchidism.

Although, I'd swear he's dropped more than two balls....

He must have more than six testicles. That's the only possible explanation.

Ok, honest opinion... is this just too obtuse or is it just not funny?

I thought it was rather witty....

"Ball placement" meaning his testicles haven't dropped. He's dropped 6 passes according to stats inc. so if he still hasn't dropped all of his testicles, he must have more than six. Get it?

Yeah, that was obtuse, wasn't it....

I gave a link to the Mayo clinic definition, though.

clever

It was both obtuse and witty. Kinda Dennis Millerish. I got it, after I looked up cryptochidism, and actually chuckled out loud. Not a guffaw, mind you, but somewhat north of a chortle.
Hard to say. He's missed a lot of time. Also, probably not used right. Who knows?

I guess he doesn't have the numbers we want but at least he's not a Bust!
The flashes he's shown suggest he has the potential to be a big-time player.

BUT...

1.) The QB situation has been unstable.
2.) Crabtree has missed a training camp and two preseasons.
3.) PERHAPS he doesn't have the discipline needed to be a #1 WR.

With those three things in mind, I can see why he's struggling.
he isnt worth what we paid for him.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
The flashes he's shown suggest he has the potential to be a big-time player.

BUT...

1.) The QB situation has been unstable.
2.) Crabtree has missed a training camp and two preseasons.
3.) PERHAPS he doesn't have the discipline needed to be a #1 WR.

With those three things in mind, I can see why he's struggling.

CrabtreEXCUSES #961, #962 and #963.
Traditionally WRs have a "sophomore slum" and tend to start getting it in their 3rd season. What he and this entire team needs is a coaching change. We need a head coach that can hire the right assistants to coach up these young guys properly.

Crabtree is not a bust. Anthony Davis is not a bust. It's not all Alex's fault. We have decent pass-rushers and shouldn't expect 10+ sack guys.

What we need is a coach that can swallow his pride when things aren't working and make the necessary changes.
Share 49ersWebzone