Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bad ball placement.

.....by his hands after it hits them.

Many guys use CrabtreEXCUSES on the board.

At the beginning of the season I thought he missed his calling as a volleyball player.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
bad ball placement.

Many guys use CrabtreEXCUSES on the board.

At the beginning of the season I thought he missed his calling as a volleyball player.

He would be an excellent volleyball player.
He has the talent to be very good, but he needs to work on catching the ball instead of tipping it to the other team. He has done that at least three times I have seen this year.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He has the talent to be very good, but he needs to work on catching the ball instead of tipping it to the other team. He has done that at least three times I have seen this year.

Diva's don't need to practice. He goes home early. He has better stuff to do.
Crabtree needs to work the entire off season and training camp before we can judge if he's overrated or not.

Now, if his work ethic was one of the traits we drafted him for, then I would say he was overrated; but I'm pretty sure he was drafted due to raw talent and the outrageous numbers he put up in college.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SFGem:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by SFGem:
imagine if you just erased all the tds crabs got this year we'd be screwed. he's caught some important tds all year. you guys are probably mad at crabs because he doesn't like alex.

Who does this guy like ? He needs to catch all those balls that hit him in the hands ; and learn to run good routes etc... Crabs simply is not a deep threat at all , if this guy had to fight off double coverages he would have 0 TDs . Crabs is simply a bust .

i just watched the highlights from the denver and st louis game. crabtree is a beast when you use him right. im a say whats obvious and thats alex doesn't know how to use crabs.

I'ma say something even more obvious. Tree has better stats WITH Alex, than with Troy.

We get it, you hate Alex. But damn yo, keep it real okay?

The problem IS Tree. He makes plays. But more often than not this season he's been unprepared and invisible. Hopefully this is a Sophmore slump and not a sign of things to come.

~Ceadder
This is a kid who believed all his own press clippings coming out of college and has not yet learned what it takes to be a pro.

He will turn out to be a nice player, maybe a few Pro Bowls but he needs someone with a solid offensive background to come in and show him what he needs to learn.

In a way, Crabtree is suffering from the same poor coaching that Alex Smith suffered - nobody here to really show him what he needs to do and hold him responsible. This team has had a lot of WRs come through here since 2004 and none of them have developed into anything at all other than Lloyd who finally learned something from maturity and McDaniels. That smells like bad coaching to me.

I been sayin that all along about Sully. Dude can't coach and relies on what players do in practice to make his weekly decisions about personnel. I could do a better job than that fool. Hell Stokes could do a better job.

Is it any wonder why we're "still looking for a QB"? When Receivers don't get separation consistently, I look at the Opposing team's Defenders. If they are good, that can explain some of the issue. But our Receivers make sh!tpile DBs' look All-Pro. None of them know what a proper head fake is, I rarely see them stutter their step off the LoS to make the Defenders guess, our WR1 is the very example of unpreparedness in every definition of the position. We've signed old aging players that shouldn't have been signed(*ahem* Johnny "MMA lights out" Morton) we've signed solid capable players that rarely if ever saw the field when they were healthy and then sent them packing out of the NFL or to other teams where they play well.

One would think that in the last 6 years that one or two Receivers at the very least would have had 1000 yards and made a name for themselves on this team. It doesn't happen because Sully couldn't coach a 10 year old the 3 basic routes and teach him how to get separation from a Chunky Lineman. I'm sick of that guy. I hope when he leaves that he can't even get a job as a groundskeeper.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Diva's don't need to practice. He goes home early. He has better stuff to do.

That's not entirely fair. I think that I read someplace that Alex and Tree stayed after practice to work on their chemistry. So while I will address the preparedness issue, I won't call him a diva(not yet anyway) and I will give him credit when it's due.

~Ceadder
bad ball placement.

hit him in the hands = dropsies

reminds me of T.O. in that sense
Originally posted by skynet907:
he's an alright receiver, about as consistent as his QB.
Originally posted by excelsior:
The system often plays a role in how well a WR performs.

This is true.

However that's no excuse for lack of preparation on the part of the Receiver.

~Ceadder
Or the lack of accuracy on your quarterback..

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
bad ball placement.

It's called cryptorchidism.

Although, I'd swear he's dropped more than two balls....

He must have more than six testicles. That's the only possible explanation.

Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by excelsior:
The system often plays a role in how well a WR performs.

This is true.

However that's no excuse for lack of preparation on the part of the Receiver.

~Ceadder
Or the lack of accuracy on your quarterback..

ur not watching the game it hits him right on the hands
if anything joe staley is overrated...
Originally posted by YungAce:
if anything joe staley is overrated...

a lot of niners are overrated, that's why the team isn't very good. Even Willis this year hasn't been great.
Share 49ersWebzone