There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by susweel:
Who would win a foot race JJ Stokes vs Crabtree.

I say it would be pretty close, probably a tie.

Crabtree is not fast, which frankly I still think he was scared to run his 40 even after he healed because he already knew this (smart on his part) but he is quick and his agility is very good for a 215lb WR. He is pretty good now to the point where other teams usually cover him with their best cover corner for the majority of the game and although he has had his share of drops, the man has had 4 different QB's throw him the ball in A 24 game span

He is not overrated and ANYBODY, other than Oakland , who needed a WR would have took him if they were in our shoes. He will get better, there is no doubt about that

FIXED since he hasn't even completed two years worth of games and has seen 4 different QB's line up behind center
Originally posted by Sims84:
Who would win a foot race JJ Stokes vs Crabtree.

I say it would be pretty close, probably a tie.

Crabtree is not fast, which frankly I still think he was scared to run his 40 even after he healed because he already knew this (smart on his part) but he is quick and his agility is very good for a 215lb WR. He is pretty good now to the point where other teams usually cover him with their best cover corner for the majority of the game and although he has had his share of drops, the man has had 4 different QB's throw him the ball in 2 years

He is not overrated and ANYBODY, other than Oakland , who needed a WR would have took him if they were in our shoes. He will get better, there is no doubt about that

I think he would do good in a WCO style of offense.

I agree but I also think he is good enough to do good in ANY CONSISTENT offense. He still needs to do his part off the field though (film, practice, PRE-SEASON, TRAINING CAMP) and he will be a BEAST
Over-rated? By who? The WZ (probably not - he isn't a practice squadder)?

I don't hear much talk about him/read much about him outside local media. So, no - not over-rated. Could he stand to improve elements of his game? YES, GOD YES. Stonehands Crabtree. I'd be happy if caught the passes thrown his way... we gave him stud-money, act like it meat.
Originally posted by SFGem:
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
imagine if you just erased all the tds crabs got this year we'd be screwed. he's caught some important tds all year. you guys are probably mad at crabs because he doesn't like alex.

Who does this guy like ? He needs to catch all those balls that hit him in the hands ; and learn to run good routes etc... Crabs simply is not a deep threat at all , if this guy had to fight off double coverages he would have 0 TDs . Crabs is simply a bust .

i just watched the highlights from the denver and st louis game. crabtree is a beast when you use him right. im a say whats obvious and thats alex doesn't know how to use crabs.

I'ma say something even more obvious. Tree has better stats WITH Alex, than with Troy.

We get it, you hate Alex. But damn yo, keep it real okay?

The problem IS Tree. He makes plays. But more often than not this season he's been unprepared and invisible. Hopefully this is a Sophmore slump and not a sign of things to come.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Whoever calls him a bust, is just football retarded. Is he a Pro Bowl material yet? No. Can he get there? Of course. He has shown off more skills than any receiver we have had since, TO(?). It's probably going to take him another year to mature even more, he has Vernon Davis personality qualities, of when Vernon was young.

Tai Streets was pretty good too. But then he went to Detroit and out of the league.

Who knew Brandon Lloyd would still be playing.

~Ceadder
I'm astounded that, in the face of all evidence, some still don't feel Crabtree is overrated. The guy has almost never been a factor in a game except where his drop(s) have cost us. He runs lazy routes, has yet to participate in a full training camp/preseason, drops more than his share of balls, but is in denial of the fact, often seems to take a play off, yet still exhibits a Diva attitude. So far, all I see is a punk who's underperforming his contract and draft position.
I cut him some slack last season regarding the drops, 'cause hey, even Jerry had stone hands his first year. But, this year is no better, and maybe even worse, and it's time to put up or shut up. I'd hate to see us debating his merits 5 or 6 years down the road as we have and are with Alex.
crabtree will be a #3 receiver at best in the future...right now him and morgan are all we got for now so hold on....
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
imagine if you just erased all the tds crabs got this year we'd be screwed. he's caught some important tds all year. you guys are probably mad at crabs because he doesn't like alex.

Who does this guy like ? He needs to catch all those balls that hit him in the hands ; and learn to run good routes etc... Crabs simply is not a deep threat at all , if this guy had to fight off double coverages he would have 0 TDs . Crabs is simply a bust .

i just watched the highlights from the denver and st louis game. crabtree is a beast when you use him right. im a say whats obvious and thats alex doesn't know how to use crabs.

I'ma say something even more obvious. Tree has better stats WITH Alex, than with Troy.

We get it, you hate Alex. But damn yo, keep it real okay?

The problem IS Tree. He makes plays. But more often than not this season he's been unprepared and invisible. Hopefully this is a Sophmore slump and not a sign of things to come.

~Ceadder
This is a kid who believed all his own press clippings coming out of college and has not yet learned what it takes to be a pro.

He will turn out to be a nice player, maybe a few Pro Bowls but he needs someone with a solid offensive background to come in and show him what he needs to learn.

In a way, Crabtree is suffering from the same poor coaching that Alex Smith suffered - nobody here to really show him what he needs to do and hold him responsible. This team has had a lot of WRs come through here since 2004 and none of them have developed into anything at all other than Lloyd who finally learned something from maturity and McDaniels. That smells like bad coaching to me.
I think the knowledge on this board is overrated.

lol, you can't be for real. Crabtree is far from a beast, have you ever seen good WRs play?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bad ball placement.

.....by his hands after it hits them.
Originally posted by binary2nd:

lol, you can't be for real. Crabtree is far from a beast, have you ever seen good WRs play?

No he hasn't. Crabtree is a #2.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bad ball placement.

.....by his hands after it hits them.

Many guys use CrabtreEXCUSES on the board.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Like a Boldin, maybe?
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Like a Boldin, maybe?

Much less talented than Boldin.