LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

The system often plays a role in how well a WR performs.
Originally posted by excelsior:
The system often plays a role in how well a WR performs.

This is true.

However that's no excuse for lack of preparation on the part of the Receiver.

~Ceadder
  • dj43
Originally posted by YungAce:
From the Chargers board:

Quote:
The 49ers actually have a very tough team.
But Alex Smith is horrid, sure he had a good game.. he has those about twice a year.
But I don't see him having the time or the wide open passing lanes against this D.
We as fans need to get confident again, the Raiders are a bruising team for anybody.
Before that loss we were ready for a huge run.. and we still are. it was just a minor speed bump.

Crabtree is definitely no Dwayne Bowe, and when I think of Gore..
I think of MJD getting shut down earlier this year.. don't sweat him.
Patrick Willis is a monster, he should be our main concern.
I browsed the 9er board earlier, they have a thread calling Crabtree a bust.
They also seem to think we still have major ST issues and that's how they'll win.. lol

See what you guys do.. SMH [facepalm]

lemonparty.org

Charger ST are much improved since those early season disasters.
  • dj43
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Crab has talent I just don't think he or Josh Morgan are a #1 wide out.....But a great QB makes average or run of the mill wide outs look great....Anthony Gonzalez, Brandon Stokley...Julian Edelman....Wes Welker became great in NE, he wasn't special in Miami....QB solves a lot of small issues....our focus should be on the signal caller not the recievers...

Welker was pretty darn good in Miami. A lot of teams were interested in him but he chose Tom.
Originally posted by dj43:
From the Chargers board:

Quote:
But Alex Smith is horrid, sure he had a good game.. he has those about twice a year.
But I don't see him having the time or the wide open passing lanes against this D.
We as fans need to get confident again, the Raiders are a bruising team for anybody.
Before that loss we were ready for a huge run.. and we still are. it was just a minor speed bump.

They also seem to think we still have major ST issues and that's how they'll win.. lol

lemonparty.org

They just muffed a punt two weeks ago vs the Raiders that set them up deep into SD territory which got that offense rolling They may be improving but they are still FAR from fixed. We must take advantage of that
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by dj43:
From the Chargers board:

Quote:

lemonparty.org

They just muffed a punt two weeks ago vs the Raiders that set them up deep into SD territory which got that offense rolling They may be improving but they are still FAR from fixed. We must take advantage of that

knowing our luck the Chargers ST will have an outstanding mistake free game with multiple big returns.
No. He's just rated over and over...
Y'all weak, most players have a bad 2nd year.. And hes already doin better than last yr.. He needs a better qb, he doesnt like Alex.. I think he drops the balls on purpose to get alex out of there.. He did better with Troy, not explosive games but go catches at good times.. I will change my mind if he doesnt get any better in the years to come.. We need a new qb, im done with alex.. Even if he wins the rest of these games, hes nothing but fools gold!
Originally posted by RiversideNine84:
Y'all weak, most players have a bad 2nd year.. And hes already doin better than last yr.. He needs a better qb, he doesnt like Alex.. I think he drops the balls on purpose to get alex out of there.. He did better with Troy, not explosive games but go catches at good times.. I will change my mind if he doesnt get any better in the years to come.. We need a new qb, im done with alex.. Even if he wins the rest of these games, hes nothing but fools gold!

Crabtree is an adult and most importantly, a competitor. He is not 5 years old throwing a tempertantrum. They are just out of sync right now which means their confidence in each other is not at it's highest point but they are working on it just like they did last year when Crabtree signed his contract and came out did very well with Alex throwing him the ball.

I'm not a big fan of Alex myself but he is our QB and he is showing positve signs right now. Do I think he has completely wiped away his bad moments that outweigh his good moments? No I do not and I want to see more quality play from him but he is making an effort and I think they will be back in sync very shortly.

everything else you said was true except for the bolded. c'mon mayne! *cris carter voice*

Crabtree has better stats with Alex than with Troy.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Crabtree looks like he doesn't give a s**t right now. Especially with Alex at QB

I agree. He probably thinks that Alex isnt a good QB so doesnt try or doesnt care. Maybe its something personal or maybe he just thinks Alex sucks, who knows, but he looks like a different WR when Troy is at QB

And Vernon looks like a different TE when Troy is at QB.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Crabtree looks like he doesn't give a s**t right now. Especially with Alex at QB

I agree. He probably thinks that Alex isnt a good QB so doesnt try or doesnt care. Maybe its something personal or maybe he just thinks Alex sucks, who knows, but he looks like a different WR when Troy is at QB

And Vernon looks like a different TE when Troy is at QB.

vernon is invisable when troy is there
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
didnt vd get like a 66 yard td in troy's last game against the cardinals.

i don't know the passes troy threw to crabs it seems like alex doesn't even run those plays. like the quick slant for example and some other routes.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
imagine if you just erased all the tds crabs got this year we'd be screwed. he's caught some important tds all year. you guys are probably mad at crabs because he doesn't like alex.
Share 49ersWebzone