LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Where was this team all year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That was the best game I've seen in some time. It sure was great to see. We dominated from the opening to the closing bell. Here are some observations and thoughts that I had from todays game.

Alex was amazingly efficient, hitting big plays and not making any mistakes. He did show some rust, but he showed that he is physically able to get it done. It looked as though he and Hasselbeck switched bodies or something. As we know the questions with him are consistancy and him overthinking things. Don't get me wrong games like this are few and far between so I don't all of a sudden think he is the long term answer, we still need to find a long term answer soon, I'm just giving him props on today.

I'll have to doubble check this, but I'm sure that Josh Morgan had a career game. He too showed what he is capable of doing.

The whole offense's play gives creedence to my belief that we have versitle personnel. We have the players to win pounding the rock(Arizona game), or through the air (Today). The problems of course are that we rarely exicute, lack a consistant QB, and lack a coach that will utilize both approaches in the same week. Otherwise we have the potential to be a balanced O from week to week.

Hey, we finally got some turnovers. That has been the big thing missing from our deffence all year.

We are still in the hunt. We can still win this divison at 8-8 or 7-9, so there is plenty of reason to be optimistic. Seattle plays ATL, @ TB, and STL, and St. Louis plays KC, us, and @ Sea. Even if we loose against SD as long as we win out we will own the tie breakers. It would kind of be bitter sweet, as it would be hard to be excited about 7-9 but even if this should happen, the playoffs are still the playoffs.

Finally I was watching the postgame press confrence. When asked if he thought if Alex looked more confident in his play? Sing used his old cliche of "I'll have to look at the film. " I just started laughing right away.

Game Ball goes to Josh Morgan and Alex Smith

They were busy trying to impose their will with a horrible running game.........Maybe Sing has finally given up it?
They were too busy jizzing over Gore.
The teams they lost to happened to be better than the Seahawks?
Oh, I forgot. My biggest quststion is this, Does Sing now follow his Mo and tighten the offense back up after winning today?
Oh I know where they were.....

REVIEWING THE FILM
Dingletary was the coach. He coaches them down to the bottom. Then at the end of the year in desperation mode he lets it lose. Make no mistake this is not a great team but there is talent there. Much better than our current record and position. We could have had a pretty good year. We are just coached down instead of up.

Originally posted by binary2nd:
They were too busy jizzing over Gore.

I'm afaird this has more validity than I would like to admit. I love Gore but the team's talent is with the passing game.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
They were busy trying to impose their will with a horrible running game.........Maybe Sing has finally given up it?

As much as I love and miss Gore, his presence hurts our team. Gore is like crack to Singletary. When Sing is gone next year I will welcome Gore back with open arms.
Busy playing teams that don't suck as bad as the Seahawks....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dingletary was the coach. He coaches them down to the bottom. Then at the end of the year in desperation mode he lets it lose. Make no mistake this is not a great team but there is talent there. Much better than our current record and position. We could have had a pretty good year. We are just coached down instead of up.

Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Originally posted by zeppfan1:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Share 49ersWebzone