LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 367 users in the forums

Would you support your dream HC hire if they retained A. Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you support your dream HC hire if they retained A. Smith?

Imagine that the 49ers hired your favorite HC candidate (Gruden, Harbaugh, Billick etc). Would you continue to support the HC if they re-signed A. Smith to a starting role? For fun, suppose they drafted say a mid round rookie, would your view change?

Just for fun.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 11, 2010 at 9:56 AM ]
Yes because he would have a rookie sit and wait his turn to play so we don't ruin the rookie the same way they ruined alex by throwing him into the fire.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Yes because he would have a rookie sit and wait his turn to play so we don't ruin the rookie the same way they ruined alex by throwing him into the fire.

this alex was put in a bad position we have a good team now and we need our rookie to sit at least a year before he starts
When you have a girl friend that's attractive but she doesn't do it for you in bed, do you keep dating her because you care for her as a person?

Dump her cuz you'll never be satisfied. You need to let her go so she can find a true love somewhere else.

Let Alexis go.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yes but only b/c that would allow our rookie to properly develop and i'd on;y like it if it were for one year.

But I'd rather Alex go somewhere else so he can try to be a successful QB b/c it just wont happen here.
If said coach thought he could straighten him out, I wouldn't mind. It is plain to see that since Norv left, we haven't had a coach that knows jack about QB development.
I honestly have no idea. Circumstances will dictate.
Bring Charlie Weiss .....instant credibilty, qb guru, will bring Romeo Crennel,Mangini, McDaniels,and etc to the franchise
NO! Enough of Alex Smith.

Exactly...

Keeping Alex would actually make sense.

Not keeping him -- that would make no sense unless they could find some other one or two year stop-gap. If that were possible, fine. But Alex is more than serviceable for the time being if there's no other option. Our young guys on the line need to continue to grow. Our OL absolutely must improve. We should look to upgrade their still.

Like the same way the Jets ruined Sanchez? or Falcons with Ryan; or Rams with Bradford; or Ravens with Flacco...?

Point is, we have a better all around team than the Falcons or the Rams had when their QBs took over. We did ruin Alex to some extent, but lets face it, Alex just isn't in the same class as the QBs mentioned above.

I rather trade or get FA QB, if we really want to let our rookie develop, before watching Alex kill this teams playoff chance, again.
If we cant get Mike Vick, we need to keep Alex, simple as that. BE CAREFUL WHAT U WISH FOR.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k NO
yes because unlike our current HC and his predecessor, our new HC wont be offensively retarded. he'll be an offensive genius/QB Guru named Mr. Jim Harbaugh.
I would. I want to see Smith play behind a competent O-line. I still think he has the stuff.
Share 49ersWebzone