Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what would you do as a fan if jed kept singletary beyond this year

commit an arson in santa clara
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
There is a real possibility of this happening. Most WZers are not realistic about this. If we win 2 or 3 of the last 4 they will talk about new found hope and change and a better future. "We are going in the right direction." Face it they gave Dingleberry 4 years and $10 Million. There is 2 years left right. That's $5 Million of dead money. YORKIES don't want to eat that. They aren't Jerry Jones you know. He doesn't care. He will eat what he has to in order to right the ship. But the YORKIES will be looking for a way out of that $5 Million of dead money payment. They want no part of that.

i hope youre wrong

I really think it's possible.

I just don't see it happening, I really don't. Maybe it's blind faith but I feel like everyone was riding the high tide when Singletary took over. Everyone was sold (at least in the organization) and nobody really understood how AWFUL Singletary was at coaching.

I truly believe that Jed will learn from his mistakes. He's a rookie owner, and he has f**ked his first decision up and won't do it as quickly and badly as before. I will lose all faith and eat crow if Singletary stays on. Baleeeed that.

Oh and if Singletary stays on I will f**king kill something. Stomp on some ants. Torture a worm. Real f**ked up s**t.

blind faith got me once with singletary im not falling for that one again. when the yorks fired marriucci(sp) i chalked it up to them wanting to put their own stamp on the team even though at the time it still was a huge mistake. all this time later they still cant get it right. this is a very general statement but it it sums up my feelings about ownership and their responsibility to the fans. your only Fing job is and always has been is to find a REAL GM SIGN SOME REALLY BIG CHECKS and get the F out the way
3 coaches 8 years of rebuilding the only thing the yorks have produced is canned ish. every sunday i sit down and eat my can drunk or sober chunky or soupy but its still ish produced by the yorks. so i really hope youre wrong.

dont go on to much of a rampage there chico
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM ]
Like I've been doing for the last 20+ years .... Cheer for my team! and pray to the football GODS for a good season!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Jed is not his father (I hope he isn't). Sing is toast.
If the niners win 3 of the last 4 games this year I think there is a really good chance that Sing is brought back as HC. They will most likely blame the season on the OC and Alex Smith and say we will get a new QB and change the offense in order to sell it to the public.

Also if Sing wins the 3 of the last 4 games he will finish with a career coaching record of 20-20 and they will probably say thats not that bad compared to past coaches.

I hope this is not the case but its real possibility. Especially since he has two years left on the contract and the NFL is going into an uncertain time with a potential lockout.

This is why I hope for losses the rest of the way, I cant go on cheering for this team with him as HC.
Originally posted by susweel:
If the niners win 3 of the last 4 games this year I think there is a really good chance that Sing is brought back as HC. They will most likely blame the season on the OC and Alex Smith and say we will get a new QB and change the offense in order to sell it to the public.

Also if Sing wins the 3 of the last 4 games he will finish with a career coaching record of 20-20 and they will probably say thats not that bad compared to past coaches.

I hope this is not the case but its real possibility. Especially since he has two years left on the contract and the NFL is going into an uncertain time with a potential lockout.

This is why I hope for losses the rest of the way, I cant go on cheering for this team with him as HC.

youll cheer and youll like
Originally posted by susweel:

youll cheer and youll like

not this time bro
I would watch every game and make excuses for Singletary's failures all offseason and then make up even more clever excuses as the season went on.
Originally posted by txniner2:
I'd watch the draft get excited about some of the rookies,and of the 1 or 2 average free agents we'd get,and then come september watch the same crap all over again.

I know I'm pathetic,oh well go niners

I get so fustrated with the danm niners because of our dumb-ass HC but no matter what i'll be stuck to the draft and get myself super excited about the rookies too....
I would get the vapors.
I think Sing's done, there's no way in hell (even if we muster a playoff berth) he 's still around. Fact remains that even if the 49ers win out, they will have struggled to win one of the worst divisions in NFL history (starting 0-5, with poor quality of preparation/staff choices on Singletary's part).

Eddie D said in his most recent KNBR interview that Jed's biggest mistake was hiring Singletary with the heart of a fan, as opposed to the head of a CEO (and you know damn well Eddie probably heard this straight from the horse's mouth).

Rectifying that mistake can only mean getting rid of Singletary.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
There is a real possibility of this happening. Most WZers are not realistic about this. If we win 2 or 3 of the last 4 they will talk about new found hope and change and a better future. "We are going in the right direction." Face it they gave Dingleberry 4 years and $10 Million. There is 2 years left right. That's $5 Million of dead money. YORKIES don't want to eat that. They aren't Jerry Jones you know. He doesn't care. He will eat what he has to in order to right the ship. But the YORKIES will be looking for a way out of that $5 Million of dead money payment. They want no part of that.

i hope youre wrong

I really think it's possible.

I just don't see it happening, I really don't. Maybe it's blind faith but I feel like everyone was riding the high tide when Singletary took over. Everyone was sold (at least in the organization) and nobody really understood how AWFUL Singletary was at coaching.

I truly believe that Jed will learn from his mistakes. He's a rookie owner, and he has f**ked his first decision up and won't do it as quickly and badly as before. I will lose all faith and eat crow if Singletary stays on. Baleeeed that.

Oh and if Singletary stays on I will f**king kill something. Stomp on some ants. Torture a worm. Real f**ked up s**t.

blind faith got me once with singletary im not falling for that one again. when the yorks fired marriucci(sp) i chalked it up to them wanting to put their own stamp on the team even though at the time it still was a huge mistake. all this time later they still cant get it right. this is a very general statement but it it sums up my feelings about ownership and their responsibility to the fans. your only Fing job is and always has been is to find a REAL GM SIGN SOME REALLY BIG CHECKS and get the F out the way
3 coaches 8 years of rebuilding the only thing the yorks have produced is canned ish. every sunday i sit down and eat my can drunk or sober chunky or soupy but its still ish produced by the yorks. so i really hope youre wrong.

dont go on to much of a rampage there chico

Haha, I completely agree with the bolded part.

However, your example is of John York, not Jed. I still have high hopes for the young owner -- I just think he dicked up his first big decision. I don't think John is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

But, like I said, I will eat crow if and when he proves me wrong. I just have blind faith that one day this team will be relevant again. If he shatters my dreams, tiny animals beware.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 11, 2010 at 6:11 PM ]
SERIOUSLY? If the brain-dead young Mr. York was different, he would have developed a stellar front office...instead, it's business as usual with an all-to-powerful head coach and no infrastructure. There are no football minds anywhere...The only thing there is to hope for is for the Dorks to sell the team or the mass demise of the entire family...that is it.
I would probably stop caring as much about football, maybe even stop watching it.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
SERIOUSLY? If the brain-dead young Mr. York was different, he would have developed a stellar front office...instead, it's business as usual with an all-to-powerful head coach and no infrastructure. There are no football minds anywhere...The only thing there is to hope for is for the Dorks to sell the team or the mass demise of the entire family...that is it.

This.