LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

THE 49ER FANBASE : IN DEPTH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As a new member of this site. I have realized that this fanbase is quite frankly very weak and front running in nature.

For example: 95% of 49er fans have never supported Alex smith from Day 1.
Many so called fans have prayed for this guy's downfall for 6 years, and thats shameful.

Also, many fellow 49er fans dont have a clue when come to evaluate schemes, players and coaches.

For example: WERE ROLLIN WITH NOLAN, SINGLETARY WOULD WILL THIS TEAM TO VICTORY, WE WANT CARR, SHAUN HILL IS A GREAT PLAYER, NATE DAVIS IS A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER, and lastly...TROY SMITH IS THE BLACK JOE MONTANA... these are stupid and silly statements that have been made by fellow 49er fans....those statements should be criminal offenses

THE GOD to HOnest TRUTH is: The fanbase is one of the biggest problems with the franchise.

Its never loud at candlestick......teams are not intimidating playing there.
Also, the fanbase supports players that are overrated all the time. Like Gore, Goldson, Staley, Lawson, Clements, Spencer, Spikes, Franklin, and WILLIS....yes I said WILLIS. WILLIS is not Joe Montana or Jerry Rice....he can be traded... get off his jock. Willis is part of the problem...but its against the law to say it.

i love the 49ers.....but fellow 9er fans need to come back to reality. In niner world, every player is great except ALEX SMITH... HE HORRIBLE!!!!!

by the way i dont want Gruden...no more emotional, cry baby coaches

Hire Charlie Weis...qb guru.. he would bring Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh Mcdaniels, and etc to the staff..

and include WIllis in a trade to get Andrew Luck
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
here you go

Originally posted by hakeemthedream:
As a new member of this site. I have realized that this fanbase is quite frankly very weak and front running in nature.

Many so called fans have prayed for this guy's downfall for 6 years, and thats shameful.

Also, many fellow 49er fans dont have a clue when come to evaluate schemes, players and coaches.

For example: WERE ROLLIN WITH NOLAN, SINGLETARY WOULD WILL THIS TEAM TO VICTORY, WE WANT CARR, SHAUN HILL IS A GREAT PLAYER, NATE DAVIS IS A FUTURE HALL OF FAMER, and lastly...TROY SMITH IS THE BLACK JOE MONTANA... these are stupid and silly statements that have been made by fellow 49er fans....those statements should be criminal offenses

THE GOD to HOnest TRUTH is: The fanbase is one of the biggest problems with the franchise.

Also, the fanbase supports players that are overrated all the time. Like Gore, Goldson, Staley, Lawson, Clements, Spencer, Spikes, Franklin, and WILLIS....yes I said WILLIS. WILLIS is not Joe Montana or Jerry Rice....he can be traded... get off his jock. Willis is part of the problem...but its against the law to say it.

i love the 49ers.....but fellow 9er fans need to come back to reality. In niner world, every player is great except ALEX SMITH... HE HORRIBLE!!!!!

Hire Charlie Weis...qb guru.. he would bring Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh Mcdaniels, and etc to the staff..

lol, you almost had me

Many so called fans have prayed for this guy's downfall for 6 years, and thats shameful

Not sure where you are getting that info from but I'd check your sources. I would say 95% of the WZ fans probably supported him under center early on in his career, I know I did. When reality hit, most of his supporters left.

I agree on Gruden though. I don't want him here either.

LB
Why do Alex fans think all fans should get on thier knees and kiss his butt? Damn right, I don't support the bust. What has the bust won us in 6 years? Nothing.... All we get for supporting his behind is losing. I'm sorry I'm done supporting losers. That's what Alex is on the football field..
[ Edited by fakers23 on Dec 10, 2010 at 1:12 PM ]

So what you're saying is bring in Luck at QB and move Alex to MLB!

It aint 95% of fans have never supported Alex Smith, it's 99% of fans!

Let's have a little accuracy in your facts, okay!!

Welcome to the Zone.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
lol...
I presume you aren't serious.

You know what else sucks about this fanbase? those people who criticize the entire fanbase, and profess to know so much about football, but then suggest Patrick Willis should be traded, and we should hire Charlie Weis as HC, who has never been an NFL head coach before, and failed as a college coach.

Patrick Willis is a HOF caliber MLB not yet in his real prime. calling him overrated is pure ignorance.

I agree that Alex Smith has been treated poorly by the fanbase, because weve been spoiled with great QB's for so long. BUT, you fail to recognize that all those overhyped players above represented a glimmer of winning in a pathetic, losing decade. when someone steps in and helps us win a bit, people are going to gravitate to that.

And the reason Candlestick isnt intimidating to play in is because the team has sucked horribly for 8 years. kind of hard to fill 60,000 overpriced seats (in a run down stadium) with screaming Niner fans when the NFL is more enjoyable from your couch now a days. it only worth going to the game when the team shows the ability to make a legit run at the playoffs consistently.

the problem with this fanbase isnt lack of heart, its 8 years of frustrating, horrible play, 8 year of frustrating, horrible front office moves, and the inability to get a new stadium. put any fanbase through that ringer and this is the end product.
alter ego's are a motha fu*Cer

lol
*crickets*
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Seriously, this is what you make your 3rd post? Unsubstantiated percentages, false claims that the fan base is one of the biggest problems, when it neither drafts, coaches or hires personnel..................

Then you call Willis and Gore overrated?!?!?!?! Willis who has made the pro-bowl and led the league in tackles, in the top 5 I believe in tackles for losses in each of his 3 years, in the NFL and Gore who churns out 1,000 yard seasons in spite of crappy o-line play and rarely being used correctly and then over used....

You then call Willis part of the problem and then give no explanation to that....

The you say bring Charlie Weis?!?!?!?!?! Hey, I am a huge Irish fan, trust me.. They guy is NOT A HEAD COACH!!! I KNOW!!!

But you didn't stop there.....

He's going to bring is Crennell? In what capacity? And that in turn is going to bring in McDaniels and Magini? Which one of them would be the O.C. cause i really can't see them concede to one another...

And how would you trade Willis for Luck, who hasn't even declared yet?!?!?! You'd trade a proven pro bowler and future Hall of Famer pretty much, for a QB that has yet to play a down in the NFL?!?!?!?!?!

And you call your post in depth?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

In conclusion:

Share 49ersWebzone