There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

L. Bently says Singletary judged different cause he's black!

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Dec 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM ]
Singletary's black? Damn.
gnr
as it was w/ R.Crennell, D.Green, A.Shell, TDungy in TB, R.Morris when his day comes...yeah right get the hell outta here...when YOUR team underachieves u get sh*tcanned white, black, hispanic, it doesnt matter
He was handed the job with no experience, so you know race is not an issue here.

I also think Jed and the Yorks are in love with him, so I don't see Sing being fired in the off season ( I threw up a little as I typed that last sentence).
did you guys actually watch the video?

he said it had to do more with him being an HOF ex-PLayer and his players not having the same passion that he does.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/07/nfl-two-a-days-whats-wrong-with-the-san-francisco-49ers/

This is crazy, when you have a team that is supposed to win and you don't win, I don't think race is a factor anymore. This is about success & failure!

Agreed.

Ridiculous.. It doesn't matter what color you are. If you are an NFL head coach the only standard you are measured against is the team's record.

That may have been true back when Art Shell broke the color barrier, but not today.
What the heck every happened to Bentley? One knee injury was that serious to derail his career?

Any way he could coaxed out of retirement?

IMO an 80% Bentley > David Baas on his best day.
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
did you guys actually watch the video?

he said it had to do more with him being an HOF ex-PLayer and his players not having the same passion that he does.

Can't watch the video at work.

Is he pinning the blame or implying blame on Singletary or the players?

Is he blaming Sing for expecting that his players should and could play with the same passion that he did?

Or is he blaming the players for failing to live up to Sing's expectations that they should all have the same drive and passion that he exhibited as a player?

If it's the latter, then I think Bentley's off-base.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/07/nfl-two-a-days-whats-wrong-with-the-san-francisco-49ers/

This is crazy, when you have a team that is supposed to win and you don't win, I don't think race is a factor anymore. This is about success & failure!

for anyone to step out and say race is still a major issue is funny to me. sports were the first area in which races were all treated equally. when black players came into baseball, football, basketball, etc and they helped teams win, even back in the day when racism was very common, people put aside their hate because of a common goal. their team was winning, and all the sudden race didnt really matter.

i hate when people single out sports, and question "why is there only 1 black OL coach in the NFL?" maybe because hes the only black guy whos an NFL caliber OL coach? if that dude can tell me which of the 31 other white OL coaches dont deserve their jobs, and which black OL coaches would be better, then fine. otherwise hes just pulling the race card for no reason.

Sports in general today is one of the most accepting cultures in America. Owners have all realized, even if they are racist, that winning matters most. if the black guy is the best for the job, he gets the job. race affecting who gets what job probably comes into play every now and then. maybe its a close comparison, and a team picks the white guy. it probably happens every so often, but what about the black guys in charge of things who pick the black player/coach because they want to even things out? you cant tell me black coaches, GM's dont pick black players over white ones, and use the excuse that theyre giving black guys a chance.

the player/personnel guy in Jacksonville was black, and he had all black QB's on the roster the whole time he was with the team. its the same thing as what is complained about the other way around.

in 2010, when nearly half this country would support gay marriage, anybody who comes out and starts saying race is the reason why they did or didnt get a job in pro sports just wants attention. if youre good enough in sports, you get the job. black, white, green, etc.

• Chief
  • Veteran
No white guilt or double sided bs here, Dingleberry just sucks.
Typical race card crap.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Nope. We treat all overmatched blowhards equally.
lmao...the guy in the video is so uncomfortable.

If Singletarry is back in 2011 I'm not watching this team until he's gone...maybe until the team is sold. If they bring him back it will prove they're absolutely retarded.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
LeCharles Bently is just angry at life lolEver since he decided to sign with Cleavland the first minuted of free agency only to blow out his knee in the first day of training camp.