LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

The end of Singletarys in one Quote

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Singletary's quote...anyone actually try to diagram his "sentence" and actually understand what he said. That one sentence is what is wrong with BMbigmike. He not only doesn't understand xs and os, but he can't speak the English language. I know he went to college, but our coach can't actually put a sentence together? No wonder then that besides being oblivious to knowing no coaching, he couldn't express it if he did. LOSER, loser , loser, LOSER. Just one question, bm, and that is why did you decide to come here and do this to our team, you fricking fraud? Why? Why do they even let you in the clubhouse? Why do you even try to fake coaching? Why don't you just leave and let us alone? When will you be a man and say, "guys, i ain't worth schidt? Why?
quotes of the Singletarys on the internets? The real problem is all the relatives of Mike working for the 9ers.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by mickey49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
How hard is this to understand...

TROY SMITH DOES NOT KNOW THE ENTIRE PLAYBOOK. ALEX SMITH DOES.

It's not that friggin complicated.

1-6
3-2

Don't know how hard that is to digest.

For the record, I want Alex to start, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

Yah, Alex knows the entire playbook, was in all the mini-camps, gets all the reps, gets the unwavering support of the coach and what do we get? 1-6...

What Sing fails to realize is that the horrific mistakes that Alex makes have less to do with the playbook and more to do with performing the simple, basic things - How many times has put the ball in a bad spot so a receiver had to bail him out? How many check downs and swing passes to Gore were thrown so hard it ricocheted and got picked off? How many overthrows on deep passes do we see on a regular basis?

I mean c'mon, I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS!

Because the losses against Seattle & Kansas City were on Alex and not Raye?

Because Nate Clements didn't go down on the INT return vs. Atlanta?

Because David Baas snapped the ball over Alex's head vs. New Orleans? And Phillip Adams muffed the key PR?

Because it's Alex's fault he got slammed to the turn vs. Carolina?

C'mon man.

Please, dude. Spare me. I supported this kid from day one and this year was the last straw.

vs Seattle - overthrows TDs to Morgan and Norris

vs New Orleans - throws two picks

vs Kansas City - yes Raye called a horrible game but Captain Checkdown/Throw it outta bounds was in full form

vs Atlanta - scored on first drive then did nothing the whole game

vs Philly - has another backbreaking turnover and requires tongue lashing from Sing before he finally mans up and starts slingling the ball around.

You wanna keep supporting this guy, that's your prerogative. But I've seen enough evidence to tell me he's NOT the future of this team. And no, a win this against Seattle won't change my mind.

I'll give you Philly & Seattle, but not the rest. Those two picks vs. the Saints were off deflections.

Both were off deflections. One was Crabtree's fault 'cause it was a catchable ball he couldnt bring in. The other was all Alex with a horribly placed checkdown pass to Gore. But we're splitting hairs...

Look, my point is I don't think Alex can't make plays. He definitely can. But when he's behind center, he can't string enough good plays together to the extent that he becomes the reason the 49ers win games. I'm tired of "decent play", "flashes of brilliance" or the ocassional solid drive. Have his teammates let him down? Sure. But Troy Smith is 3-2 under the same circumstances...

The bottom line is this is a lose-lose situation. If Alex loses against Seattle on Sunday, it's just a re-affirmation that he's not the future for this team and Singletary is way in over is head as coach. If he wins and plays decent, all it does is set the stage for another season of false hope and the excuse machine starts churning yet again i.e. "well Alex played well at the end of the year so lets keep Sing and Mike Johnson and give him some continuity and we'll be in the playoffs next year because of the weak division BLAH BLAH BLAH..." Sick of it all.

1-6
3-2

Yah, Alex knows the entire playbook, was in all the mini-camps, gets all the reps, gets the unwavering support of the coach and what do we get? 1-6...

What Sing fails to realize is that the horrific mistakes that Alex makes have less to do with the playbook and more to do with performing the simple, basic things - How many times has put the ball in a bad spot so a receiver had to bail him out? How many check downs and swing passes to Gore were thrown so hard it ricocheted and got picked off? How many overthrows on deep passes do we see on a regular basis?

Because David Baas snapped the ball over Alex's head vs. New Orleans? And Phillip Adams muffed the key PR?

C'mon man.

Please, dude. Spare me. I supported this kid from day one and this year was the last straw.

vs Kansas City - yes Raye called a horrible game but Captain Checkdown/Throw it outta bounds was in full form

vs Philly - has another backbreaking turnover and requires tongue lashing from Sing before he finally mans up and starts slingling the ball around.

You wanna keep supporting this guy, that's your prerogative. But I've seen enough evidence to tell me he's NOT the future of this team. And no, a win this against Seattle won't change my mind.

I'll give you Philly & Seattle, but not the rest. Those two picks vs. the Saints were off deflections.

Both were off deflections. One was Crabtree's fault 'cause it was a catchable ball he couldnt bring in. The other was all Alex with a horribly placed checkdown pass to Gore. But we're splitting hairs...

Look, my point is I don't think Alex can't make plays. He definitely can. But when he's behind center, he can't string enough good plays together to the extent that he becomes the reason the 49ers win games. I'm tired of "decent play", "flashes of brilliance" or the ocassional solid drive. Have his teammates let him down? Sure. But Troy Smith is 3-2 under the same circumstances...

The bottom line is this is a lose-lose situation. If Alex loses against Seattle on Sunday, it's just a re-affirmation that he's not the future for this team and Singletary is way in over is head as coach. If he wins and plays decent, all it does is set the stage for another season of false hope and the excuse machine starts churning yet again i.e. "well Alex played well at the end of the year so lets keep Sing and Mike Johnson and give him some continuity and we'll be in the playoffs next year because of the weak division BLAH BLAH BLAH..." Sick of it all.

For the record, I want a fresh start as well in 2011. But my argument is that Alex knows the playbook, and Troy does not. Let's hope Johnson opens up the offense and Alex lets it rip.

1-6
3-2

C'mon man.

No it wasn't Crabree's fault. Watch the game again. The ball was tipped at the LOS by a Saints defender and never even made it to Crabtree. And yes the other ball was a horribly throw checkdown to Gore which got tipped up in the air.
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM ]
What did it for me is when he said he makes sure that the people around him are smarter than he is.

This kind of mentality is what willmlose you your position by failure or due to ownership realizing you're an idiot and they promote the guy who is smarter than you.
What did it for me is when he said he makes sure that the people around him are smarter than he is.

This kind of mentality is what willmlose you your position by failure or due to ownership realizing you're an idiot and they promote the guy who is smarter than you.

Originally posted by Sims84:

1-6
3-2

C'mon man.

No it wasn't Crabree's fault. Watch the game again. The ball was tipped at the LOS by a Saints defender and never even made it to Crabtree. And yes the other ball was a horribly throw checkdown to Gore which got tipped up in the air.

I have to look at the film...

1-6
3-2

C'mon man.

I have to look at the film...

please do
I

For one poster to say "I finally agree with Mike Singletary", of course that poster was an Alex Smith fanatic (Binary2nd).

Why are people so quick to call people "Alex Smith lover/fanatics" on her when I've been anything but that. Is it some sort of defense mechanism? It's so childlike, it's amazing how badly the fanbase has been exposed this year, first they drink the Kool-Aid, now they don't know who to blame so they chant for Carr. Troy and Alex blow, but Troy blows a lot more, listen to Maddog, he knows what he's talking about.
[ Edited by binary2nd on Dec 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM ]

Originally posted by binary2nd:
I

For one poster to say "I finally agree with Mike Singletary", of course that poster was an Alex Smith fanatic (Binary2nd).

Why are people so quick to call people "Alex Smith lover/fanatics" on her when I've been anything but that. Is it some sort of defense mechanism? It's so childlike, it's amazing how badly the fanbase has been exposed this year, first they drink the Kool-Aid, now they don't know who to blame so they chant for Carr. Troy and Alex blow, but Troy blows a lot more, listen to Maddog, he knows what he's talking about.

They both do blow and who cares who blows more? If you suck you suck but the fact that we even compare Alex to Troy is just absurd. The level of experience and expectations from Alex is nowhere close to that of Troy and yet Troy still has a winning record with more TD's than TO's with LIMITED KNOWLEDGE OF THE PLAYBOOK
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I

"I WANT WINNERS"

we need a winning season... WZ is becoming a jr high girls basketball team. Complete with name calling and picking sides. Your either an Alex Lover or an Alex Hater... blah blah blah... it has gotten ridiculous... I WANT WINNERS!!
Originally posted by Pick6:
I

"I WANT WINNERS"

we need a winning season... WZ is becoming a jr high girls basketball team. Complete with name calling and picking sides. Your either an Alex Lover or an Alex Hater... blah blah blah... it has gotten ridiculous... I WANT WINNERS!!

It has gotten so bad because of the constant defending and defending and defending of a 6 year player who has done NOTHING for this franchise. I am a 49ers fan, not an ::insert player name here:: fan so whoever we have will get my full support and in this sport, the QB takes the blame and the glory. If the team does bad, they look to the QB play (it doesnt help that he has more INT's than TD's in his career not to mention a HORRIBLE record) and if the team does good, they look to the QB (unless your the 2000 Ravens) which is why the QB's always get the MVP trophies even if their WR's are making the YAC or the running game is moving the ball inside the 5 for an easy playaction bootleg TD pass to whoever. That is just the nature of the sport. His situation is very unfortunate but as a fan, I WANT WINNERS too and he is not a winner so lets move the hell on
Share 49ersWebzone