There are 294 users in the forums

The end of Singletarys in one Quote

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
OMG!!! The NFL better watch out! We're gonna open up the playbook with Alex in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes lets run the no huddle roll to the right and throw it out of bounds offense.

well its better then the roll to the right and get sacked offense
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
OMG!!! The NFL better watch out! We're gonna open up the playbook with Alex in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes lets run the no huddle roll to the right and throw it out of bounds offense.

well, 3 wins are better than 1
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by jreff22:

well, 3 wins are better than 1

Oh Snap !!!!!!!!!
What really bugs me about Singletary is that he actually played the game before. He ought to know what a real QB looks like and I don't care if Alex Smith can recite the playbook in Latin and Troy has to write the plays on his forearm ala Memento, Troy is a better QB PERIOD! And let me ask everyone something, if Alex knows the playbook so well, how come he was wearing one of those wristbands with the plays on it? Singletary is done, Alex is done and I don't know how much more of this i can take.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
How hard is this to understand...

TROY SMITH DOES NOT KNOW THE ENTIRE PLAYBOOK. ALEX SMITH DOES.

It's not that friggin complicated.

TROY SMITH WAS 3-2!! LIMITED PLAYBOOK!!
ALEX SMITH WAS 1-6!! KNOWING THE ENTIRE PLAYBOOK!!
HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND!!
Originally posted by Deodato:

Dude, nobody had NO idea how Troy Smith was going to play. So the first two games, nobody had a good feel for him, now that teams have gametape of him...he has been figured out.

That being said, he didnt spend training camp with us. And Mike Johnson openly admitted that he was only running 25% of the playbook where Alex was on the sideline knowing 100% on Monday Night Countdown before the Cardinal game....which prompted Steve Young to go into a tirade.

How incredible is the logic here? To become more predictable on top of an already predictable offense?
  • Veteran

All two pages.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Dude, nobody had NO idea how Troy Smith was going to play. So the first two games, nobody had a good feel for him, now that teams have gametape of him...he has been figured out.

That being said, he didnt spend training camp with us. And Mike Johnson openly admitted that he was only running 25% of the playbook where Alex was on the sideline knowing 100% on Monday Night Countdown before the Cardinal game....which prompted Steve Young to go into a tirade.

How incredible is the logic here? To become more predictable on top of an already predictable offense?

So T.Smith knows 25% of the offense and A.Smith knows 100% and T.Smith still has a winning record. . .Oh the irony. Sorry was at the game on MNF so I didnt hear it. it is on youtube?

That is football, so everytime a QB is "figured out" we have to change? Why not counter or something.

To be honest bro, Ill be glad when we have a QB that is winning and we all love and back. This divide we have is not good.
Alex smith knows 100% of playbook. Yet, 1-6 as a starter. It's all about wins. Alex also had gore all those games. Then again, our playbook is run into line , and pass out of bounds.
It is so sad we even put a #1 Overall pick/6 year veteran/2 years in the same system(different plays are just being called between Raye and Johnson) QB in the same argument with a 5th Round pick/8 game "veteran"/guy who missed Training Camp and Pre-Season QB.

For one poster to say "I finally agree with Mike Singletary", of course that poster was an Alex Smith fanatic (Binary2nd). I will agree that he has been in an unfortunate and unacceptable situation here in San Fran and it is not all his fault but his track record is horrible, his stats are horrible and he just does not get it done. The playcalling hurts but he also does not make the most of it.

Why does everyone get excited when he makes some key plays down the stretch when we are already behind in the game AFTER he has already committed some costly mistakes? He has ALWAYS played just good enough to lose. We have competed against some tough teams and he was a big part of the reason why but he was also a big part of the reason why we were behind in those games, not the ONLY reason, but A reason.

For a guy to get so many chances in this NFL is mind boggling and he shown every time he gets a chance to play, just how inconsistent he is. Troy is not much better but to even be in the same sentence as a former #1 Overall pick shows just how bad Alex really is.

Insert Troy, same offensive system, less plays but A LOT MORE big plays and less turnovers. He wins 3 of 5. The argument to that, is he beat teams inferior to us. Ok, so he did what he was SUPPOSE TO DO. He is 3-0 in games against teams we are suppose to beat meaning 100% of the time, he wins against the inferior team. Alex DOES NOT.

We are all fans of the 49ers and want to win so we will continue to cheer on this BUST and hope he can stay consistent down this stretch. I would love to limp into the playoffs, I don't care how, as long as we get there and HAVE A CHANCE TO COMPETE. If we lose 2 more games, then that is it. That is it for the season, for our incompetent HC and for our Inconsistent QB. Go Niners

Originally posted by Sims84:
It is so sad we even put a #1 Overall pick/6 year veteran/2 years in the same system(different plays are just being called between Raye and Johnson) QB in the same argument with a 5th Round pick/8 game "veteran"/guy who missed Training Camp and Pre-Season QB.

For one poster to say "I finally agree with Mike Singletary", of course that poster was an Alex Smith fanatic (Binary2nd). I will agree that he has been in an unfortunate and unacceptable situation here in San Fran and it is not all his fault but his track record is horrible, his stats are horrible and he just does not get it done. The playcalling hurts but he also does not make the most of it.

Why does everyone get excited when he makes some key plays down the stretch when we are already behind in the game AFTER he has already committed some costly mistakes? He has ALWAYS played just good enough to lose. We have competed against some tough teams and he was a big part of the reason why but he was also a big part of the reason why we were behind in those games, not the ONLY reason, but A reason.

For a guy to get so many chances in this NFL is mind boggling and he shown every time he gets a chance to play, just how inconsistent he is. Troy is not much better but to even be in the same sentence as a former #1 Overall pick shows just how bad Alex really is.

Insert Troy, same offensive system, less plays but A LOT MORE big plays and less turnovers. He wins 3 of 5. The argument to that, is he beat teams inferior to us. Ok, so he did what he was SUPPOSE TO DO. He is 3-0 in games against teams we are suppose to beat meaning 100% of the time, he wins against the inferior team. Alex DOES NOT.

We are all fans of the 49ers and want to win so we will continue to cheer on this BUST and hope he can stay consistent down this stretch. I would love to limp into the playoffs, I don't care how, as long as we get there and HAVE A CHANCE TO COMPETE. If we lose 2 more games, then that is it. That is it for the season, for our incompetent HC and for our Inconsistent QB. Go Niners

great post!

Troy knows the 1st page and Alex knows both.. It's really that simple.
I could understand that Troy doesn't know as many plays as Alex--not being here for training camp---BUT---I thought we ran more different kind of plays the last 5 weeks than at any time when Alex was playing.
Originally posted by mickey49:
Originally posted by mickey49:
Originally posted by Joecool:

1-6
3-2

Don't know how hard that is to digest.

For the record, I want Alex to start, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

Yah, Alex knows the entire playbook, was in all the mini-camps, gets all the reps, gets the unwavering support of the coach and what do we get? 1-6...

What Sing fails to realize is that the horrific mistakes that Alex makes have less to do with the playbook and more to do with performing the simple, basic things - How many times has put the ball in a bad spot so a receiver had to bail him out? How many check downs and swing passes to Gore were thrown so hard it ricocheted and got picked off? How many overthrows on deep passes do we see on a regular basis?

I mean c'mon, I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS!

Because the losses against Seattle & Kansas City were on Alex and not Raye?

Because Nate Clements didn't go down on the INT return vs. Atlanta?

Because David Baas snapped the ball over Alex's head vs. New Orleans? And Phillip Adams muffed the key PR?

Because it's Alex's fault he got slammed to the turn vs. Carolina?

C'mon man.

Please, dude. Spare me. I supported this kid from day one and this year was the last straw.

vs Seattle - overthrows TDs to Morgan and Norris

vs New Orleans - throws two picks

vs Kansas City - yes Raye called a horrible game but Captain Checkdown/Throw it outta bounds was in full form

vs Atlanta - scored on first drive then did nothing the whole game

vs Philly - has another backbreaking turnover and requires tongue lashing from Sing before he finally mans up and starts slingling the ball around.

You wanna keep supporting this guy, that's your prerogative. But I've seen enough evidence to tell me he's NOT the future of this team. And no, a win this against Seattle won't change my mind.

I'll give you Philly & Seattle, but not the rest. Those two picks vs. the Saints were off deflections.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

So T.Smith knows 25% of the offense and A.Smith knows 100% and T.Smith still has a winning record. . .Oh the irony. Sorry was at the game on MNF so I didnt hear it. it is on youtube?

That is football, so everytime a QB is "figured out" we have to change? Why not counter or something.

To be honest bro, Ill be glad when we have a QB that is winning and we all love and back. This divide we have is not good.

This is the counter by putting Alex back in. I know. To be honest with you, I cant wait to have a coaching staff worth a s**t that knows what f**k they are doing...4 more games, till the "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" Experiment is over with.
Share 49ersWebzone