LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Been saying it for awhile now, just turn the page and close the book on this basket case. Start over, get a fresh start and don't look back.
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
And with that quick thinking to chime in, I would say confirmed. Fly is 12. Now can we stop taking(not that I ever did) this boob seriously? He isn't even old enough to have seen Joe Steve or Jeff play but he regularly inserts their names in conversation like he knows just how good they were when comparing Smith to them.

Hey fly your mama is calling, her chest feels heavy. In case that's too hard to understand, amscre son, take a powder, get back on the short bus to loserville, polulation you..

~Ceadder

Ceadder, you are now sitting at 90% with that last piece (bolded). Just a heads up.

(69) All D way...........Merry Christmas!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Been saying it for awhile now, just turn the page and close the book on this basket case. Start over, get a fresh start and don't look back.

AMEN on that bro--->
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
all I can do is just .

what a way to end a season.

I do hope Alex plays genuinely well and we make the playoffs....and from there anything can happen.

but anyone should understand why any 9er fan would feel let down by this organization by going back to Alex this late in the season, while we are still in it.

Talk about Troy Smith all you want....but the fact of the matter is, we won 3 games with him starting...after starting the season 1-6 with Alex.

this is very similar to what happened last year....we started well with Shaun Hill...sure he struggle a couple of games but was yanked, and Alex was brought in.....then when we needed Alex to win games to keep us in the playoff hunt, he had a big part in us losing key games against the Seahawks and the Eagles, by turning the ball over and not sustaining drives with his inaccuracy.

So once again Alex will be given an opportunity to keep us the playoff hunt...so we should expect something different? even though he has turned the ball over this year on numerous occasions?

This whole playoff thing is a joke. The last 2 years this team was pretty overrated and we still have Singlecell as a coach. I don't think Alex will succeed as a QB of this team, maybe later on in his career he can get his s**t together, but it's not going to be here and it's best for both parties to move on.

to be honest, I think this is just Singletary trying to go back to Alex because he feels we will not make the playoffs either way.....and atleast some more blame might fall on Alex. Sing bet the farm on Alex this season and it didn't work out...we started 1-6 with him as the starter...was it all his fault no, but he had a huge part by turning the ball over and what not....just stuff he has done for years....but either way, Sing knows he is going to get fired...so he probably some how feels he can look alittle better if it is Alex that ends the season in a horrible way....compared to if he had Troy looking bad out there...then the truth would've been more visible..that he is a horrible game planner and wouldn't make a good coach in the NFL level or any level. But if its Alex, he can say the organization pressured him into starting the guy and he was just trying to make the best of it. I'm sure he is going to want to coach at Baylor. But with the way this season has gone, I doubt even they would want him.

anyway just my thoughts.

I agree with you for the most part. That part about Baylor was pretty funny too. I just want him to gtfo.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Sing is going to let Alex put the nail in both of their coffins. If Sings going down, he's going to make sure Alex shows that be truly is a coach killer.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Sing is going to let Alex put the nail in both of their coffins. If Sings going down, he's going to make sure Alex shows that be truly is a coach killer.

I love how people have labeled Alex Smith a coach killer. But answer me this, who was the last competent coach that Alex Smith got fired?
Originally posted by backontop:

I love how people have labeled Alex Smith a coach killer. But answer me this, who was the last competent coach that Alex Smith got fired?

Not fired but he ran two in two years away once they saw what they had to work with. Lol. Even Martz didn't want Alex anywhere near starting. That's three coaches who did not stay because they thought they may have a chance to coach a top QB. Coaches just don't leave QBs that they feel can win them superbowls.

Not fired but he ran two in two years away once they saw what they had to work with. Lol. Even Martz didn't want Alex anywhere near starting. That's three coaches who did not stay because they thought they may have a chance to coach a top QB. Coaches just don't leave QBs that they feel can win them superbowls.

Ran two away? Norv was offered a HC position. HC>OC McCarthy was offered a HC position as well. Once again HC>OC Nolan was fired because he sucked. Martz was fired because Singletary didn't like him. Raye was fired because he sucked. Sooooo who did Alex Smith get fired again?

Ran two away? Norv was offered a HC position. HC>OC McCarthy was offered a HC position as well. Once again HC>OC Nolan was fired because he sucked. Martz was fired because Singletary didn't like him. Raye was fired because he sucked. Sooooo who did Alex Smith get fired again?

I already answered it.

On another note, I think the players who were interviewed on their thoughts about Alex and he change don't appear to have much confidence in Alex after reading their quotes compared to the quotes made when Troy became the official starter the week of his second start.

I already answered it.

On another note, I think the players who were interviewed on their thoughts about Alex and he change don't appear to have much confidence in Alex after reading their quotes compared to the quotes made when Troy became the official starter the week of his second start.

actually did you didn't answer it. You said two in two years. Who were these two? IF you would actually read my post you would see that I pretty much eliminated every coach that has left. There wasn't a single coach that was 'killed" due to Alex Smith. As for the players quotes about Alex after Troy Smith took over, it was only the second week. Look at some of the attitudes towards Troy now? The players realize now that Troy is actually hurting the offense.

I already answered it.

Sorry Joe but you didn't answer it. All you said was that he got two Coaches fired.

Martz was fired because he rarely if ever used Davis in the Passing game. Last season proved that Martz deserved his fate. I was against that firing for reasons that are obvious. We didn't have anyone better waiting in the wings. I guarantee that was one reason why we were snubbed by the better options. The NFL is nothing if not the good ole boy circle. You fire someone you should have a solid reason for it. As much as I think that Martz was goofy keeping Davis in to block, it wasn't a fireable offense. Martz did everything asked of him by both Nolan and Sing. But he was a Nolan hire and Sing didn't like his style. In any event that made Sing look bad to anyone we asked to replace Martz that had a pedigree. They didn't want to have Sing dictate the philosophy. Can't blame them but I can't see how that would have made any difference to any Coordinator in the league since you SHOULD be able to impose your will on the other team regardless of the play. This is the NFL after all. Plenty of teams Run it up the gut constantly. Unfortunately we didn't have the Line for it.

So not to instigate or anything but I'd like to know myself which two Coaches Alex got fired. Alex didn't take a single snap in the Regular Season the year that Nolan got fired. And wasn't going to Start anyway since he didn't have as solid a grasp on Martz' Playbook. The guy that did turned the ball over more than Alex did. Martz was Nolan's guy. JT O'Sullivan was Martz' guy. I'd say if anyone got him fired JTO did by extension of Martz. And as you're aware I did say that Sing was the last guy we wanted as a HC if we were to fire Nolan. He's Nolan v. 2.1 and there would be no change. So if you mean Alex got both Nolan and Sing fired? Nolan just gets fired twice for not being able to put a winning product on the field.

Won't matter though because I bet Sing escapes by his short and curlies due to the upcoming lockout. Sing is already under contract, firing him would make it so the Owners couldn't get out from under it and then the added salary of a newly signed HC that would be sitting home possibly for the entire year? That's not good business. Does Sing deserve to be fired? Yes. Will he be fired? My guess is no.

~Ceadder
Sorry but no. I see your point but its time to scrap the project and move forward, Alex and the 9ers would be better off without eachother, I don't think it could be more obvious at this point. Furthermore, calling the fanbase a bunch of whiners for not wanting to bring back a bust #1 pick for a seventh season is a bit of a stretch, even al Davis was smart enough to cut his losses and move on. The 9ers are the only team that would let a bust stick around for this long. Bunch of whiners? Cmon, you can't be serious.
Quote:

Share 49ersWebzone