Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that so many people think Alex should stay shows just how long it's been since we've had a good QB. People honestly don't remember what it looks like anymore.

Not true. As a Saints fan also, I watch every game from Drew Brees. (also watch many games taped from the Sunday Ticket throughout the week) Watching those games makes it crystal clear to me that Alex Smith is not our problem. He could play better on his own at times, of course. But no... he is not what we should be focused on when looking to fix major flaws. That Saints team has incredible coaching and the crisp play reflects it. Receivers run sharp routes, and attack the football in flight. The OL plays in sync with each other, and plays nasty. Scheme and playcallling... so very important to everything football. NFL rosters are pretty filled with NFL talent. Yet the fans always cry about not having talent here and there. While some talent is better than others, excellent coaching wins out over all.

you're a saints fan??

no wonder you want Alex back as the qb..... there it is

How long did it take you to think up this clever gem? Ugh... just stick to your lil pictures and emoticons, son.

Seriously. I wouldn't doubt Fly being a 12 year old.

even a 12 year old plays better than Alex

And with that quick thinking to chime in, I would say confirmed. Fly is 12. Now can we stop taking(not that I ever did) this boob seriously? He isn't even old enough to have seen Joe Steve or Jeff play but he regularly inserts their names in conversation like he knows just how good they were when comparing Smith to them.

Hey fly your mama is calling, her chest feels heavy. In case that's too hard to understand, amscre son, take a powder, get back on the short bus to loserville, polulation you..

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 8, 2010 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

What's up with that? Hey it's a free world I guess but having 2 teams in the NFL is like having 2 wives or 1 wife and a mistress. You can do it but it is frowned upon

Not every 49ers fan is home-grown, you must know. Some of us have appreciation for our hometown teams... while also knowing that the Niners are the #1 team in our hearts. Besides, I love football for football. So really, I have 5 wives, yet only 1 that I sleep with vastly more than the rest...

1. Niners

2. Saints

3. Lions
4. Ravens
5. Jaguars
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Anybody who still believes in Alex Smith is absolutely out of their mind. I cannot comprehend the fact that there are still people who believe that he will lead us to victory.

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that so many people think Alex should stay shows just how long it's been since we've had a good QB. People honestly don't remember what it looks like anymore.

Not true. As a Saints fan also, I watch every game from Drew Brees. (also watch many games taped from the Sunday Ticket throughout the week) Watching those games makes it crystal clear to me that Alex Smith is not our problem. He could play better on his own at times, of course. But no... he is not what we should be focused on when looking to fix major flaws. That Saints team has incredible coaching and the crisp play reflects it. Receivers run sharp routes, and attack the football in flight. The OL plays in sync with each other, and plays nasty. Scheme and playcallling... so very important to everything football. NFL rosters are pretty filled with NFL talent. Yet the fans always cry about not having talent here and there. While some talent is better than others, excellent coaching wins out over all.

you're a saints fan??

no wonder you want Alex back as the qb..... there it is

How long did it take you to think up this clever gem? Ugh... just stick to your lil pictures and emoticons, son.

Seriously. I wouldn't doubt Fly being a 12 year old.

even a 12 year old plays better than Alex

And with that quick thinking to chime in, I would say confirmed. Fly is 12. Now can we stop taking(not that I ever did) this boob seriously? He isn't even old enough to have seen Joe Steve or Jeff play but he regularly inserts their names in conversation like he knows just how good they were when comparing Smith to them.

Hey fly your mama is calling, her chest feels heavy. In case that's too hard to understand, amscre son, take a powder, get back on the short bus to loserville, polulation you..

~Ceadder

way too personal..... and is not even worth the warning
I'd Rather have Rusty Smith as our QB!

~Ceadder

Ceadder, you are now sitting at 90% with that last piece (bolded). Just a heads up.

Alex Smith is our quarterback! deal with it and support him and our team! He's our qb weather you like it or not!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash:

~Ceadder

Ceadder, you are now sitting at 90% with that last piece (bolded). Just a heads up.

thank you sir
Originally posted by kidash:

~Ceadder

Originally posted by ace130:
Alex Smith is our quarterback! deal with it and support him and our team! He's our qb weather you like it or not!

Rusty! Rusty! Rusty! Rusty!

Not Next Year!

all I can do is just .

what a way to end a season.

I do hope Alex plays genuinely well and we make the playoffs....and from there anything can happen.

but anyone should understand why any 9er fan would feel let down by this organization by going back to Alex this late in the season, while we are still in it.

Talk about Troy Smith all you want....but the fact of the matter is, we won 3 games with him starting...after starting the season 1-6 with Alex.

this is very similar to what happened last year....we started well with Shaun Hill...sure he struggle a couple of games but was yanked, and Alex was brought in.....then when we needed Alex to win games to keep us in the playoff hunt, he had a big part in us losing key games against the Seahawks and the Eagles, by turning the ball over and not sustaining drives with his inaccuracy.

So once again Alex will be given an opportunity to keep us the playoff hunt...so we should expect something different? even though he has turned the ball over this year on numerous occasions?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
all I can do is just .

I do hope Alex plays genuinely well and we make the playoffs....and from there anything can happen.

but anyone should understand why any 9er fan would feel let down by this organization by going back to Alex this late in the season, while we are still in it.

Talk about Troy Smith all you want....but the fact of the matter is, we won 3 games with him starting...after starting the season 1-6 with Alex.

this is very similar to what happened last year....we started well with Shaun Hill...sure he struggle a couple of games but was yanked, and Alex was brought in.....then when we needed Alex to win games to keep us in the playoff hunt, he had a big part in us losing key games against the Seahawks and the Eagles, by turning the ball over and not sustaining drives with his inaccuracy.

So once again Alex will be given an opportunity to keep us the playoff hunt...so we should expect something different? even though he has turned the ball over this year on numerous occasions?

This whole playoff thing is a joke. The last 2 years this team was pretty overrated and we still have Singlecell as a coach. I don't think Alex will succeed as a QB of this team, maybe later on in his career he can get his s**t together, but it's not going to be here and it's best for both parties to move on.
6 different coordinators or not, it's been too long of an experiment. If we do not finally move on this offseason, we'll be rebuilding until 2020, losing all of our quality players to OLD AGE!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
all I can do is just .

This whole playoff thing is a joke. The last 2 years this team was pretty overrated and we still have Singlecell as a coach. I don't think Alex will succeed as a QB of this team, maybe later on in his career he can get his s**t together, but it's not going to be here and it's best for both parties to move on.

to be honest, I think this is just Singletary trying to go back to Alex because he feels we will not make the playoffs either way.....and atleast some more blame might fall on Alex. Sing bet the farm on Alex this season and it didn't work out...we started 1-6 with him as the starter...was it all his fault no, but he had a huge part by turning the ball over and what not....just stuff he has done for years....but either way, Sing knows he is going to get fired...so he probably some how feels he can look alittle better if it is Alex that ends the season in a horrible way....compared to if he had Troy looking bad out there...then the truth would've been more visible..that he is a horrible game planner and wouldn't make a good coach in the NFL level or any level. But if its Alex, he can say the organization pressured him into starting the guy and he was just trying to make the best of it. I'm sure he is going to want to coach at Baylor. But with the way this season has gone, I doubt even they would want him.

anyway just my thoughts.
PUI - Posting Under the Influence...
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone