There are 181 users in the forums

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

You'd have to give me a very, very compelling argument as to why we should adopt this resolution.
I'm for it if he's offered a one to 2 year deal.

Cause face it the season is more than likely going to be shortened by the impending lockout. Good luck finding a replacement player in that environment. There isn't going to be much lateral movement because of this. He's ready, he's perfectly able and if we do draft "the Future" then he can hold the spot til the Rookie is able to take over.

I mean dang who else is going to be available on the cheap that knows the Offense if Sing is still here. If Sing is gone it's obviously up to the new Coach, but a lot of the Coaches use a spread/digit system these days.

It only makes sense. Too bad our fan base is full of whiners that go "Oh no! We've had to endure him for 6 years" Whaaaaaaaaa..." If people would get over themselves it'd be easier to cope with reality. If you can't go get your medical card and hit that 420 til you don't give a truck anymore.

~Ceadder
I want a fresh start too, but frankly, there are no good FA qb's. He's one of the best available, lol. He's staying on.

Man...
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I've had enough of this season, why would I want a repeat of this season next season...when do we as fans finally put the A.S. experiment to an end? Dude sucks bottom line. No matter how good he performs these last few games,we never know what Alex Smith we get from game to game. Its time to need to move on and stop beating a dead horse!!!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I'm for it if he's offered a one to 2 year deal.

Cause face it the season is more than likely going to be shortened by the impending lockout. Good luck finding a replacement player in that environment. There isn't going to be much lateral movement because of this. He's ready, he's perfectly able and if we do draft "the Future" then he can hold the spot til the Rookie is able to take over.

I mean dang who else is going to be available on the cheap that knows the Offense if Sing is still here. If Sing is gone it's obviously up to the new Coach, but a lot of the Coaches use a spread/digit system these days.

It only makes sense. Too bad our fan base is full of whiners that go "Oh no! We've had to endure him for 6 years" Whaaaaaaaaa..." If people would get over themselves it'd be easier to cope with reality. If you can't go get your medical card and hit that 420 til you don't give a truck anymore.

~Ceadder

awesomeness...
Anybody who still believes in Alex Smith is absolutely out of their mind. I cannot comprehend the fact that there are still people who believe that he will lead us to victory.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Anybody who still believes in Alex Smith is absolutely out of their mind. I cannot comprehend the fact that there are still people who believe that he COULD lead us to victory.

Fixed.
yes. the messiah alex smith will lead us to the promise lands
the fact that there's so many yes votes makes me laugh....this team and some fans are humorous.
No thanks. 6 years was already painfull enough. Why add another year? For kicks?

As a back-up. He'd have to play unbelievable to be considered a starter next year.
I've had enough pain and suffering the past six years with this QB-Wanna be, if they don't unload this guy this offseason, I am going to discontinue supporting the 49ers.

'Bottom line, JED has to choose, the fans or Alex Smith.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
I've had enough pain and suffering the past six years with this QB-Wanna be, if they don't unload this guy this offseason, I am going to discontinue supporting the 49ers.

i can't bare to watch another season with that unreliable toolbox behind center
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AlexThief:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

i can't bare to watch another season with that unreliable toolbox behind center

Yah and Jed can forget about selling season tickets if they bring him back.
Hell no!!
Share 49ersWebzone