LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's with Alex Smith as our quarterback this year and 2011

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I'm for it if he's offered a one to 2 year deal.

Cause face it the season is more than likely going to be shortened by the impending lockout. Good luck finding a replacement player in that environment. There isn't going to be much lateral movement because of this. He's ready, he's perfectly able and if we do draft "the Future" then he can hold the spot til the Rookie is able to take over.

I mean dang who else is going to be available on the cheap that knows the Offense if Sing is still here. If Sing is gone it's obviously up to the new Coach, but a lot of the Coaches use a spread/digit system these days.

It only makes sense. Too bad our fan base is full of whiners that go "Oh no! We've had to endure him for 6 years" Whaaaaaaaaa..." If people would get over themselves it'd be easier to cope with reality. If you can't go get your medical card and hit that 420 til you don't give a truck anymore.

~Ceadder

awesomeness...

put down the crack pipe ceadder, reality is Alex isnt a leader or anything but a journeyman qb. Needs to go!
He may be. This is the Yorks and the 49ers we are talking about... But at this point I don't think so.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:02 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by maximill15:

Cause face it the season is more than likely going to be shortened by the impending lockout. Good luck finding a replacement player in that environment. There isn't going to be much lateral movement because of this. He's ready, he's perfectly able and if we do draft "the Future" then he can hold the spot til the Rookie is able to take over.

I mean dang who else is going to be available on the cheap that knows the Offense if Sing is still here. If Sing is gone it's obviously up to the new Coach, but a lot of the Coaches use a spread/digit system these days.

It only makes sense. Too bad our fan base is full of whiners that go "Oh no! We've had to endure him for 6 years" Whaaaaaaaaa..." If people would get over themselves it'd be easier to cope with reality. If you can't go get your medical card and hit that 420 til you don't give a truck anymore.

~Ceadder

awesomeness...

put down the crack pipe ceadder, reality is Alex isnt a leader or anything but a journeyman qb. Needs to go!

Im really starting to think that Ceadder and Oldman have a personal relationship with Alex.
Originally posted by susweel:

~Ceadder

awesomeness...

Im really starting to think that Ceadder and Oldman have a personal relationship with Alex.

I dont know how they can continue to defend Alex. Its always something...

~Ceadder

awesomeness...

I dont know how they can continue to defend Alex. Its always something...

He might be their son or something.

Oh, here we go again. Trying to make this personal and incite.
I watched Alex and Rivers play last night. Alex is considered a bust while Rivers is considered great.

That is not what I saw. I saw Rivers have lots of time to throw and to wide open targets. The few times he was rushed, he threw high, low and threw an INT that was dropped by Brooks. There is no doubt that he would have sucked if he had to play QB behind the 49ers OL last night.

I want Alex out, too. My reason is that he has suffered at the hands of this organization long enough. Let the next sucker come in and go through this sausage machine for awhile.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

How am I trying to incite ? Since when is it a crime to know a nfl player personally.

How am I trying to incite ? Since when is it a crime to know a nfl player personally.

calling someone an Alex Smith, or relations, related to is a low blow!
[ Edited by maximill15 on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:47 PM ]
Enough with this already. He has to go. Also Singletary and anyone else they can get rid of. Too bad the owners can't go.

• fly15
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

awesomeness...

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
I watched Alex and Rivers play last night. Alex is considered a bust while Rivers is considered great.

That is not what I saw. I saw Rivers have lots of time to throw and to wide open targets. The few times he was rushed, he threw high, low and threw an INT that was dropped by Brooks. There is no doubt that he would have sucked if he had to play QB behind the 49ers OL last night.

I want Alex out, too. My reason is that he has suffered at the hands of this organization long enough. Let the next sucker come in and go through this sausage machine for awhile.

Thats what I saw... I look at the possible available QBs for 2011 and it doesnt look good. The best option is maybe a trade for C. Palmer and if he is struggling with Ochocinco, Owens and Benson how will succeed on a new team like this?

Alex may still be our best option
[ Edited by modninerfan on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Who says that Alex would want to come back. I think he's as eager to leave, then we are of seeing him go.

I don't think he will want to come back; would you? The fans obviously want him to leave and I think the feeling will be mutual at the end of the season. Think you would enjoy a home game if you were Alex Smith? He's as good as gone.
Share 49ersWebzone