There are 180 users in the forums

Confirmed - Alex Smith to start against Seahawks on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Susweel and others of the ABA crowd, continue to use Alex's career stats as evidence that he will never be any good. Season and career stats must be interpreted in light of all known circumstances ( a difficult task for some).

Look at Archie Manning: His career W/L over 11 seasons was 35 - 101. His career completion % was 55.2, with 125 TDs and 173 INTs. He is the poster boy of a good QB who played his entire career on a bad team. His stats look dismal, but it did not keep him from playing for 11 seasons.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Susweel and others of the ABA crowd, continue to use Alex's career stats as evidence that he will never be any good. Season and career stats must be interpreted in light of all known circumstances ( a difficult task for some).

Look at Archie Manning: His career W/L over 11 seasons was 35 - 101. His career completion % was 55.2, with 125 TDs and 173 INTs. He is the poster boy of a good QB who played his entire career on a bad team. His stats look dismal, but it did not keep him from playing for 11 seasons.

brilliance!

So, we wanna have a terrible team for 11 years with a 'could-be' QB at the helm? Why not move on for both sides of the party, get a new QB, and hopefully improve the rest of the team/staff from there?
Many NFL jerseys are on hot selling! www.base-price.com
Originally posted by xiaopihai:
Many NFL jerseys are on hot selling! www.base-price.com

Originally posted by verb1der:
I think the QB issue will wind down to this....

You go out....throw an INT, you get benched. Can't do it.

So Alex..you better play PERFECT, or else Sing will be hollerin' at you from the sideline!

Same goes for you Troy!

Some one needs to hollar at Singletary. This time the chant should be "We Want Gruden!"
Originally posted by oldman9er:

brilliance!

Originally posted by billbird2111:

brilliance!

yeah that means we have about 50 more Alex Smith losses to swallow. BRILLIANT!

Recommend all of you a good website sell authentic NFL NHL NFL MLB and soccer jerseys .www.base-price.com

Yeah. I'm sure the 173 interceptions didn't directly cause any of those 101 losses. Because of course, those picks weren't his fault right?

• fly15
  • Veteran

brilliance!

"we want Troy"
Confirmed - "It doesn't matter how much you suck. If you are a top pick in the draft, you will get all the undeserved chances possible."

Yeah. I'm sure the 173 interceptions didn't directly cause any of those 101 losses. Because of course, those picks weren't his fault right?

And the Chargers were tearing it up before Brees/River arrived. And the Colts were great and then Manning came to this great team and thats why they became so good.

Also, the Pattriots were a perennial powerhouse before Brady arrived. They were full of offensive superstars... haha not. Brady stepped in and strarted tearing it up and made scrubby players look good. Deion Branch was a gaywad in Seattle and now he looks like a stud again with Brady.

Look at the Falcons. Before Matty Ice they were just another "bad team." Kurt Warner went to the s**tty Cardinals and took them to the Super Bowl. There are countless examples of a team getting an excellent QB, inserting them into the starting role, and watching the team be successful. (Rams and Brandford) Countless examples. Countless

Have you Alex Smith fan boys ever stop and think maybe, just maybe, that a sick
QB will make your whole team better? Alex s**t is surrounded by Vernon Davis, Gore, Crabs, Morgan, D. Walker and still sucks balls. Put any of those guys on a team with a legit QB and its on. Its the nature of the game. Good QBs make their team and coaches look awesome.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 7, 2010 at 7:23 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
No way, if we get a new coach, he'll get fired the 1st year....

Alex is a coach killer
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Alright Wodwo, i got something for you.

I don't even care who starts. I'm not an Alex supporter. I was just giving statistics to show that there is a reason to bench Troy Smith and start Alex. Troy Smith has just been terrible the last three games, man.

If you really want to try and start bringing up the difference in opponents, I understand. I can see a valid argument there. I just don't think you're going to win an argument that Troy has shown over the last three games that he should be starting over Alex.

I don't mean to dismiss you or run from an argument or anything, I just don't have it in me right now. I'm too tired and apathetic at the moment.

I sincerely hope you have a nice evening.
Share 49ersWebzone