There are 266 users in the forums

Confirmed - Alex Smith to start against Seahawks on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wow Sing really wants to put on a show before his exit in 5 weeks.
Alex gives us the BEST shot at winning!!! But people are gonna get mad at this move because they think when Alex tears it up against sorry teams and possibly makes the playoffs the team will retain singletary and resign Alex.... ALEX WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE NINERS AFTER THIS SEASON REGARDLESS!!! Every decision with who starts has made sense, even though most of us don't wanna see the Niners make the playoffs cuz theyll probably get killed, or start a lot of controversy with a 7-9 team in the playoffs, players like Takeo and Justin Smith DESERVE to make it and singletary should do all he can to get them in it, eventhough he's done like Alex after this season.

For most drama in one season, the Oscar goes to the San Francisco 49ers!
he's not going to beat the seahawks
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's whatever at this point. Most of us consider the season 99% down the drain already so it hardly makes a difference who's quarterbacking us right now.

I like both players, but pocket passing.. Smith is better. It's really not saying that much. Alex Smith tends to be good off the bench too.. Perhaps sitting for these games will get him to the point where he's throwing 4 TDs 0 INTs like when he came in last year.

If he gets hurt, or falters badly, at least we have a backup who can do some things. We'll see what Alex can do. If he does nothing, Sing won't have a problem going back to Troy.
Originally posted by Antix:
He's like Herpes

He just never quite goes away.

lol
Like it matters.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Alex Smith get revenge and wins 31-3 over the Seahawks

apparently you haven't seen our defense play!!!
Originally posted by the_educator:
Alex gives us the BEST shot at winning!!! But people are gonna get mad at this move because they think when Alex tears it up against sorry teams and possibly makes the playoffs the team will retain singletary and resign Alex.... ALEX WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE NINERS AFTER THIS SEASON REGARDLESS!!! Every decision with who starts has made sense, even though most of us don't wanna see the Niners make the playoffs cuz theyll probably get killed, or start a lot of controversy with a 7-9 team in the playoffs, players like Takeo and Justin Smith DESERVE to make it and singletary should do all he can to get them in it, eventhough he's done like Alex after this season.

Don't be too sure. Jed's gonna get so confused. If Alex does well, we may see them both back next year. Remember what happened with Nolan? He talked them into an extra year.
Guess I'm not watching any more games this season. I'm done watching this same episode over and over again. Alex sucks for 3 quarters and then puts together 1 or 2 good drives to fool the organization into thinking "he's almost there". I've never quit on this team, but I'm done watching until Alex is no longer the starter. Funny how everyone out side the organization can see that he stinks.

I am in complete disbelief right now. No offense but Alex has had his chance...Troy deserved more time...This is the final straw that will break the camels back and send Alex and Sing out of town...
i'm glad he'll get a shot to audition for other teams a little bit before the season ends...i think the season's done, so i couldn't care less who starts, although i do feel alex deserves to start, he never lost the job in the first place and troy just hasnt performed since st.louis
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
This is Alex Smith auditioning for NFL teams to drive up his free agency value.

Ironically, he would be a pretty good fit for the Arizona Cardinals.
WOOOHOOOO I LOVE THE DRAMA!

GO FOR THE GOLD ALEX! GO!
Alex makes contra players jealous. Watch him play just well enough to cause a controversy to bring him back.
Share 49ersWebzone