LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

What's there to look forward to next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The lockout.
Complete rebuild mode and a bad season.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
the end of Alex Smith
Originally posted by daWest:
Nothing...The likelihood of the lockout is much greater than most people realize...

There will be a 2011 draft, but w/o a CBA in place there will be no signing of draft picks, there will be no post-draft minicamps, no rookie jersey's to purchase.

This new proven head coach/GM that we bring in wont be able to mold and shape his team likely until 2012.

We might have a series of weekends where we get to watch replacement players!!!! oh yeah!!!

In the event of a lockout, we might see players stage their own games or switch to the UFL until a new CBA is reached.

No one on the cover of Madden 2012.

There will be no restrictions on marketing deals or commercials players choose to do. Anything goes. This might actually have some upside

League policies on substance abuse and PED's are out the window. We get to look forward to some of our favorite athletes getting busted on drug charges and/or being jacked up on roids

I thought there already was a lockout...you mean these aren't replacement players????
I hear lockouts are pretty nice that time of year.
A high draft pick and no Singletary/Smith.
Hopes dashed away by the cold clutches of reality. You know, the usual.
The same thing people looked forward to this year. Unrealistic expectations from players who aren't as good as some people think. Poor coaching, unless they can most of the guys they have now. Don't worry, there will be people who will say this team can win at least ten games with the players they have. They say that every year.
that the NFC west still sucks
There is absolutely NOTHING to look forward too next year. NOTHING!

replacement players, no coach sing or alex smith.

I bet they come to a deal at some point in the labor issue.
Scab football.
Jeff Garcia as replacement player QB.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There is absolutely NOTHING to look forward too next year. NOTHING!

Are they getting rid of beer too?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
New QB/Head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone