LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Whats the point of going back to Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Because he is better but it doesn't matter at this point. Season over.

Remember, in the words of our young owner, we can still make the playoff's.

Sing is now grasping at straws, and he doesn't have any other options. Troy Smith isn't the answer, David Carr REALLY isn't the answer, and Nate Davis is still in Sing's doghouse for whatever reason. Therefore, the boat anchor that dragged us down to the bottom in the first place gets another shot at truly destroying Sing and his coaching future.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Because he is better but it doesn't matter at this point. Season over.

Remember, in the words of our young owner, we can still make the playoff's.

Yeah I know he's still talking about playoffs and Super Bowl and such and texting about it. So sad.
because Troy Smith and David Carr suck. So the best option is Alex Smith who actually knows the damn playbook.
There is no point if Sing continues to have the offense run up the middle over and over.
If he's going to let Johnson have complete control, then we might actually see a real offense next week. You know, the type of offense we all thought we were going to see at the start of the season. The same offense that the Niners relied on last season in the second half of games.

But this is Sing we're talking about. So we'll see more of the same, with our RBs getting stuffed at the LOS on inside runs.
get it through ur head nate davis will never be a starter for this team alex is the most experince qb we got he knows the playbook
Maybe the more times he's benched, the more p*ssed he'll get, the bigger his balls will get, and the better he'll play. Naaahhhh!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Because the players still want to make the playoffs, even though the fans no longer care. Alex gives them the best chance to win.

What? the team is 4-8, Play-offs? You need a drug test.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Because the players still want to make the playoffs, even though the fans no longer care. Alex gives them the best chance to win.

What? the team is 4-8, Play-offs? You need a drug test.

mathematically the 49ers are still in the hunt for the division. So no drug test is needed.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
The 49ers were becoming more efficient on third down when Alex Smith was the quarterback, however. San Francisco converted 21 of 42 (.500) third-down chances in the final three full games Alex Smith played before suffering a shoulder injury. The team has converted 18 of 61 chances (.295) in five full games with Troy Smith.

And Alex Smith's 1-6 record as a starter this year is very impressive.

Singletary has completely lost control of his wits. What little there was to begin with. Who cares already? Every time they lose we hear that they can still make the playoffs. Face reality, they aren't. They are looking at 10 losses at minimum. They'll lose at SD, at STL. Home games are a crapshoot. Emphasis on crap. What is there to get excited about this team? Nothing.
Just like Troy's 3-2 record against inferior opponents(Denver, Arizona and St. Louis) is so impressive.

You jerk knees would start a Pee Wee QB if it meant keeping the dread QB Alex Smith off the field.

Some fans you are. Go find another team. We got along fine before you came here and we'll get along fine after you've abandoned ship.

~Ceadder
None of these qbs are going to be on the roster next year so let's just start the punter at qb....
why is every one wanting nate to start when he is on the practice squad and not even on the 53 man roster if we lose this game i say sing gets fired before the seasons end and then its a guessing game who we get in the offseason and itll be a rough season next year against the afc north and nfc east hope we get a good quarterback soon
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Singletary's not one to readily admit he may've jumped on the Troy Smith bandwagon a bit prematurely. I've been saying, let's see TS beat a good team. He did manage to beat the Rams, not yet a good team, but a vastly improved one. But, even that took OT to get done. I understand the arguments against Alex, although I still believe he gives the team a better chance to win. For whatever reason, Singletary isn't about to promote Nate Davis and cut Carr, for example. Even though he's not about to give Carr the ball...it's all hard to figure, but for now, I think Alex has a better shot at beating both the 'Hawks and Rams. I think St. Louis is the team to beat...and it may come down to the final Sunday in Seattle. If Eddie D is right about his nephew Jed being ready to make the needed changes, then we may have a totally different corps of QB's next year.

Wow I cant wait...........Gruden and his stable of 7 has been QB's....Damm we are a pathetic organization right now! Look what we have become under this ownership.
Share 49ersWebzone