LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some are over reacting. We thought we would get blown out by the Saints yet Alex throws the potential game winner only to be let down by our defense.

This game could go either way to be honest. The Chargers have shown a tendency to over look teams this year and pay for it. The Niners have shown they won't go away quietly so I don't expect a total blow out like everyone seems to expect. And forget Alex...I'm more worried about Rivers vs our secondary. The defense will need to play perfectly.

And of course Smith will have to be decent as well. I still don't think we pull it off...28-23 Chargers. Our defense gives up two big scores but somehow mathematically we still stay in it. Love the NFC West.
Originally posted by 9ersvideos:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Chargers 35

49ers 10

Smith throws 3 picks and Alex fans disappear again..

this...

awwwww noobie love. So when is the wedding?

alex smith fan??

49er fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWOF5w3D0s

http://www.youtube.com/user/9ersfaithful#p/u/0/JionQ4JUzZU

i may not post much on this site but im not a noob. been coming to the site for 8 years now. i make highlight videos.. what have you done?

I've supported my team since the day I was born. Never once have I wanted them to lose, never once have I not been a fan.

Congrats on the f**king videos, would you like a f**king cookie? like I'm supposed to bow down because you have entirely to much time on your hands and can make videos?

ive been one my whole life as well. never once have i ever wanted them to lose i was making the point that i believe the reality is alex smith will have a bad game. the seahawks defense was not very good and that was my opinion of what will happen. im aloud to make a prediction right? and the gay comment was supposed to be funny? get a life bro..

hmm Freudian slip? Nobody mentioned anything gay here. I simply said noobie love. Predictions are more than welcome, but when it seems as though you are rooting for your team to lose that is a different story. I don't think we will win on Thursday but I don't see the team struggling as much as everyone thinks. Don't hate because I didn't go all gaga over your gay videos.

who said anything about me rooting for the other team? I root for the niners every weekend, ive been to the worst (this years buccaneers) and some of the best(2002 wild card, T.O's the catch 2) but every time i have a chance to go to a game i do. and i could care less what you think. your almost 10,000 posts really will be the highlight of your life right? spend less time trying to insult fellow 49er fans and more time trying not to act like a 10 year old. noob? need a cookie? and u make fun of what i do in my spare time..

spare time? I'm getting paid to do this kid. The highlight of my life is knowing that I have seen every 49er Superbowl. It's ok while you are making your lame vidoes during your "free time" I will be enjoying the life as I always have. No thanks I had cookies earlier(my gf made them)
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Some are over reacting. We thought we would get blown out by the Saints yet Alex throws the potential game winner only to be let down by our defense. This game could go either way to be honest. The Chargers have shown a tendency to over look teams this year and pay for it. The Niners have shown they won't go away quietly so I don't expect a total blow out like everyone seems to expect. And forget Alex...I'm more worried about Rivers vs our secondary. The defense will need to play perfectly.

And of course Smith will have to be decent as well. I still don't think we pull it off...28-23 Chargers. Our defense gives up two big scores but somehow mathematically we still stay in it. Love the NFC West.

Alex lead us down the field for a touchdown and then completed the 2 point conversion to TIE the game against the Saints and they got the ball back with plenty of time on the clock and 2 timeouts against a defense that already had to maintain from our offense giving them FIVE EXTRA possessions with our turnovers.

Defense has been good this year when taking into consideration the horrid circumstances they have been put in. I expect this game to very competitive and believe the 49ers have a chance to pull off an upset. Will they? only time will tell but I think as long as they spread San Diego out with Alex in shotgun, the formation he is actually pretty GOOD in, we have a great chance at beating them. They just lost to Oakland at home and then beat up on a KC team with Brodie Croyle who is 0-10 as a starter at QB. They geared up to stop their run game and dared Croyle to beat them on the outside with man to man coverage and neither Croyle or the Chiefs are built for that so that game was rather easy.

San Diego lost to Seattle and St. Louis on the road this year and both of those teams have less talent then we do. It's going to come down to preparation and although that is not our strong point, a short week and us only traveling down south in the same state gives me a lot of hope because I think we stay in "attack" mode. We have a lot of momentum right now and a short week might be just what we need so these guys can hurry up and get back out there
If the Niners can DESTROY the raiders...

...and the Raiders beat the chargers TWICE...

...why can't the Niners beat the Chargers?

The chargers have also lost to the Seahawks (whom we destroyed)

also lost to the Rams (who we beat).

It seems like no one is giving the 49ers a shot at a W.

They are a beatable team IMO. Very. They aren't even first place in there weak division.

We establish the run to open up their #1 Pass defense. And limit TOs.

I saw we have a very good shot at the win.

WHOS WITH ME!?
[ Edited by ninerbrand on Dec 13, 2010 at 2:00 AM ]
Don't the Chargers have the best pass defense? Yikes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

cmon Mayo, I think from recent weeks, when you put "go, Niners, go! " they win but when you put it with a at the end, they lose. Lets keep the going
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:
Go, Niners, go!

cmon Mayo, I think from recent weeks, when you put "go, Niners, go! " they win but when you put it with a at the end, they lose. Lets keep the going

But, they deserve a . If they lose I'll give them anther . They've won when I've given them a , so they can do it again.
Go, Niners, go!

But, they deserve a . If they lose I'll give them anther . They've won when I've given them a , so they can do it again.

I know. That is why we just need to go with because when you do that, they supersticiously win. But when you give the leading up to the game, they supersticiously lose so we need to just stay with the until they lose and the supersticious trend fails
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Edited
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:45 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

I know. That is why we just need to go with because when you do that, they supersticiously win. But when you give the leading up to the game, they supersticiously lose so we need to just stay with the until they lose and the supersticious trend fails

Ok, I fixed it.
Go, Niners, go!

Ok, I fixed it.

back in business boys
Everyone keep in mind this is a primetime game and the 49ers have always shown up for primetime games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Everyone keep in mind this is a primetime game and the 49ers have always shown up for primetime games.

I have an excellent feeling about this game.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:56 AM ]

VERY TRUE! And yes it's a road game but it's in the same state so the jet lag should be out of the question. This game is very winnable
Share 49ersWebzone