It's going to be a very tough game, no doubt about that but why do people keep bashing our defense? No they are not top 10 but damn, look at what they have had to overcome:
- Dominating that game but missed opportunities on OFFENSE and that phantom PI call and we just eventually unraveled. Held Hasselback to only 170 yards and Forsett was the leading rusher with 43 yards. With ONLY allowing numbers like that, you should win the game 9 times out of 10!
- Superbowl champs and we had 5, FIVE turnovers against, when healthy, the best team in the NFL and superbowl champs and we lost by 3
- couldnt stop the run so ok, bad defensive game..it happens
- two costly Turnovers by the offense but made a play to presumably end the game like great defenses do only to make a MENTAL mistake trying to do too much (the majority of Frank Gores fumbles ring a bell?) and we gave it right back to the BEST TEAM IN THE NFC right now, ON THE ROAD and lost by 2
- 5 turnovers against a very explosive offense and our Defense only allowed 20 points (7 of their 27 points came off that Smith fumble returned for a TD) and we lost by 3
- made Moore look like a monster...bad effort, east coast game
- Offense completely sucked and couldn't do ANYTHING so that was an uninspired defensive effort
- Rodgers did what he wanted with out our soft coverages, AGAIN and the turnover and lack of run game didn't help our defense
Fact is, no we are not a top 10 defense but they have been faced with a ridiculous amount of challenges and have kept us in MOST games. It is not a "given" that SD will do what they want against us. Yes Rivers is having a great year, but guess what, he also just lost for the 1st time in december two weeks ago to Oakland AT HOME and looked HORRIBLE doing it so he is not invincible. I have been pretty much spot on for the last 3 weeks in going with my "gut" feeling but it's too early to tell right now since I'm still feeling so good about that win vs Seattle. I'll see how the next couple of days go but I know we can EASILY make this game very competitive.
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 12, 2010 at 11:47 PM ]