There are 134 users in the forums

Are we done thinking Troy Smith is doing good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by pigskin:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SFGem:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

So SOS means nothing? come on...

LOL at SOS, so that means Troy Smith gets a pass on Green Bay then right??

Sure if you think GB is better than NO, Atlanta or Philly.

Troy won all the games he supposed to win plus the Rams game. Alex......won... ... oh yeah, the Raiders.

These are the Raiders that have the same record as the Rams, right?

Beating either team isn't much of an acomplishment, but you have to count them equal.

Troy has had his rear handed to him every time he played anyone on the same level that Alex has with the single exception of the Seahawks.

Troy is still better than Alex even with your reasoning.

I have nothing to argue with your reasoning.

I either don't understand this post or it's hilarious! Hoping for the latter.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
wait... who thought Troy Smith was good?

Solid back up, but shouldn't be the starter.

TMays_isontheBENCH23

That's true, he is on the bench. But he'll get his time. He's a bigger, faster Laron Landry. Just gotta get his head in the right place.
anyone who still supports Alex, yet has written off Troy, is a racist.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
For years the Alex haters have refused to listen to reason. It's been so obvious that our biggest problems are not found at the qb position. There are far greater problems in other areas, most notably coaching.

Guys like ZRF80 are so focused on one person they refuse to see all the other problems. It's delusional. Every time the Smith haters get their wish for another qb, that qb melts down. Dilfer, Hill, Carr, JTO, T Smith. Over and over again the point is proven, but as soon as Smith comes in the childish rants start all over again.

It truly is amazing.

Funny how short of a leash the past QB's not named Alex Smith got. What was it, 3-5 game leash?? What's Alex Smith on???

Alex Smith was the number 1 pick(warranted or not) so of course he is gonna have a longer leash than a 4th round pick or whatever.

Is that really hard to understand

Wow! This is exactly the type of thinking that got us to where we are.

If he's a #1 pick, he should perform like a #1. They're supposed to be ready to bring it. The later rounds are for more developmental players that take more time to develop. So if anything, a #1 pick should have a shorter leash... if only so you can recover from the bad decision, wasted resources, salvage what you can and move on.
Troy or Nate Davis...no Alex, I've seen enough.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

Troy won all the games he supposed to win plus the Rams game. Alex......won... ... oh yeah, the Raiders.

Beating either team isn't much of an acomplishment, but you have to count them equal.

Troy has had his rear handed to him every time he played anyone on the same level that Alex has with the single exception of the Seahawks.

If you've been following any of my posts, I am sure you can draw your own conclusions.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Troy or Nate Davis...no Alex, I've seen enough.

Nate's only hope on this team is that the new coaching staff gives him a shot. No way he sees time from now till the end of the season. Singletary will put A.Smith back in before calling up Nate.
Originally posted by dj43:
My wife just came by and saw the title of this thread and just about went ballistic.

She is an English teacher. "How could anyone make two major grammatical errors in a 9 word sentence..." her voice then trailed off into the other room.

It was pretty funny.

''WELL...''

Show her this:

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I know, huh? Alex's career as a starter? Troy's? The guy is practically a rookie, considering he has only started 7 games.

Alex is gone at the end of the year, and it serves absolutely no purpose for him to play! None!

Do you believe in absolutes?

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Let's go ALex.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

There is no reason reasoning reason. Got it?
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Let's go ALex.
This is BEYOND me. . . Do people really look at the 49ers QBs or are people wishing we had Mr. Montana or Mr. Young still. COME THE F*** ON!

Alex Smith = 1-7
Troy Smith = 3-2

And people want to start Alex Smith because of what!? Alex Smith has set this franchise 10 years!! Why do people keep going back to Alex Smith!! He has had 6 years!! S I X Y E A R S!!! Troy Smith came in on Sep 8th and still has a 3-2 record as a starter!! Alex Smith had an ENTIRE training camp and is 1-7!! Give me a break guys!! We did this to ourselves!! We should have never traded Hill, and we should have gave him our FULL SUPPORT not some half hearted BS!! Sing has destroyed our organization PERIOD!! He can not coach PERIOD!! The ENTIRE STAFF needs to be replaced PERIOD!! There needs to be a complete house cleaning!! Staff, Players, Standards, Policy, EVERYTHING!!

Stop hiding, lieing to yourself and grow some stones!! Our company culture has hit rock bottom and all people do it point fingers and play favorites!! Give me a F****** Break!! Have some accountability as a organization and as fans and hold the Yorks (Jed) accountable!!

How does it feel to go from a organization that was proud and full of tradition to the laughing stock of the NFL!! We were the standard!! Books were wrote about us and our culture!! Companies outside the NFL modeled themselves after us!! Players use to FIGHT to get on this team and be part of our family and culture!! Now look at us. . . . Disgraceful . . .
You can throw Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in there.....they'll get killed regardless.
Share 49ersWebzone