LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 132 users in the forums

Are we done thinking Troy Smith is doing good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Statistically Carr is our best QB and who would want to start him?

Lets let Troy continue and see if he can develop into something by the end of the year...

He of the 23.6 passer rating!

Yup. 23.6 in 0 starts this year. But statistically, over his career, he's the best we got. I, for one, don't ever want to see him play in another game for us though.

I knew that's what you meant and agree with you. Was just making a joke of how horribly he played for us.
Originally posted by pigskin:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SFGem:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

So SOS means nothing? come on...

LOL at SOS, so that means Troy Smith gets a pass on Green Bay then right??

Sure if you think GB is better than NO, Atlanta or Philly.

Troy won all the games he supposed to win plus the Rams game. Alex......won... ... oh yeah, the Raiders.

These are the Raiders that have the same record as the Rams, right?

Beating either team isn't much of an acomplishment, but you have to count them equal.

Troy has had his rear handed to him every time he played anyone on the same level that Alex has with the single exception of the Seahawks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
For years the Alex haters have refused to listen to reason. It's been so obvious that our biggest problems are not found at the qb position. There are far greater problems in other areas, most notably coaching.

Guys like ZRF80 are so focused on one person they refuse to see all the other problems. It's delusional. Every time the Smith haters get their wish for another qb, that qb melts down. Dilfer, Hill, Carr, JTO, T Smith. Over and over again the point is proven, but as soon as Smith comes in the childish rants start all over again.

It truly is amazing.

Funny how short of a leash the past QB's not named Alex Smith got. What was it, 3-5 game leash?? What's Alex Smith on???
I am not done
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
For years the Alex haters have refused to listen to reason. It's been so obvious that our biggest problems are not found at the qb position. There are far greater problems in other areas, most notably coaching.

Guys like ZRF80 are so focused on one person they refuse to see all the other problems. It's delusional. Every time the Smith haters get their wish for another qb, that qb melts down. Dilfer, Hill, Carr, JTO, T Smith. Over and over again the point is proven, but as soon as Smith comes in the childish rants start all over again.

It truly is amazing.

Funny how short of a leash the past QB's not named Alex Smith got. What was it, 3-5 game leash?? What's Alex Smith on???

Alex Smith was the number 1 pick(warranted or not) so of course he is gonna have a longer leash than a 4th round pick or whatever.

Is that really hard to understand
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
So I guess 5 games is the going rate to see if your a capable QB or not....brilliant!!!

Let me ask you this, why is Alex Smith still on the team then.

Troy isn't rookie..he's been in the league for 4 years. Against equal compitition he has performed worse than Alex and against weaker compitition he's performed better.

I'm not seeing anything that gives me a reason to believe in Troy. He is supposed to be more maneuver but gets sacked more, he's supposed to have a stronger arm, but he can't aim. He's a better leader that can't seem to find the open man.

Not sayin Alex is the answer, but I believe he's better than Troy.

Alex has been in for 6 years and looks worse, not to mention A. Smith has more game experience.

If we're winning with Troy why not stick with Troy, why is it so hard understand.

Maybe I missed that we didn't Win yesterday? Did we? Am I in topsy turvy world where a Loss is a Win and a Win is a Loss? It could be. You never know. If so then I don't get the animosity toward Alex.

But once again Kol ole bean I'll part with...

They do NOT trust Troy with the ball. So why the hell is he on the field? Maybe Sing decided to read the zone and bought into the ABAA point of view?

~Ceadder

Only one Sing trusts with the ball is Frank. Doesn't matter if we play with our Follow the leader QB (Alex) or our leader of the pack QB (Troy), there not going to trust the QB to go out and win games. Sing is playing the game as if he's more afraid to lose instead of attacking the opposition and going for the Win.
Statistically Carr is our best QB and who would want to start him?

Lets let Troy continue and see if he can develop into something by the end of the year...

He of the 23.6 passer rating!

Yup. 23.6 in 0 starts this year. But statistically, over his career, he's the best we got. I, for one, don't ever want to see him play in another game for us though.

I knew that's what you meant and agree with you. Was just making a joke of how horribly he played for us.

Gotcha
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

Troy won all the games he supposed to win plus the Rams game. Alex......won... ... oh yeah, the Raiders.

Beating either team isn't much of an acomplishment, but you have to count them equal.

Troy has had his rear handed to him every time he played anyone on the same level that Alex has with the single exception of the Seahawks.

Troy is still better than Alex even with your reasoning.
Originally posted by Chico:
not sure yet! Troy buys time...scrambles, makes plays and is accurate on the long ball! We gave Alex six years to develope and we can't even give Troy 6 weeks! I want TROY!!!

i agree with this the only thing troy needs to work on is his accuracy if he improves that we have a good quarterback
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

Troy isn't and never will be. He's OK to come in and play a game or two if your starter goes down but that's it. I don't think either of them should be the man in SF but Alex will have a much longer and more successful career in the NFL and it won't even be close.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

Troy isn't and never will be. He's OK to come in and play a game or two if your starter goes down but that's it. I don't think either of them should be the man in SF but Alex will have a much longer and more successful career in the NFL and it won't even be close.

YTBD.
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

I have nothing to argue with your reasoning.
wait... who thought Troy Smith was good?

Solid back up, but shouldn't be the starter.
It's not that Troy sucks, it's that he's not being put in a position to succeed (as was Alex), Singletary is a QB/offense killer, everything he tries to tamper with/touch turns to complete s**t.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
wait... who thought Troy Smith was good?

Solid back up, but shouldn't be the starter.

TMays_isontheBENCH23
Share 49ersWebzone