LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Are we done thinking Troy Smith is doing good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So I guess 5 games is the going rate to see if your a capable QB or not....brilliant!!!

Let me ask you this, why is Alex Smith still on the team then.

lol. bullseye.

5 games..2 games of equal compitition and performed worse.

Yeah... I think Alex is better...and it should be pretty obvious to everyone else.

Of course this is like saying a 2nd degree burn all over your body is better than a 3rd degree burn all over your body
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So I guess 5 games is the going rate to see if your a capable QB or not....brilliant!!!

Troy isn't rookie..he's been in the league for 4 years. Against equal compitition he has performed worse than Alex and against weaker compitition he's performed better.

I'm not seeing anything that gives me a reason to believe in Troy. He is supposed to be more maneuver but gets sacked more, he's supposed to have a stronger arm, but he can't aim. He's a better leader that can't seem to find the open man.

Not sayin Alex is the answer, but I believe he's better than Troy.

Alex has been in for 6 years and looks worse, not to mention A. Smith has more game experience.

If we're winning with Troy why not stick with Troy, why is it so hard understand.

We're winning? If we were winning, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Originally posted by SFGem:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

So SOS means nothing? come on...
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

QB's don't have W/L records (and rightfully so).
Originally posted by Gavintech:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

Not to mention that everyone is saying our OL is playing better.
i have to check the film before i respond to this topic.

i think troy is doing a good job. i think he should start next year. he is way better than alex in my opinion. alex just can't hang on an nfl level. give troy next year. but he should have some fresh competition in training camp.

Just don't see him as the starter next year. You can bet the Niners are going to bring in some compeition. Wait, this is the Niners so maybe not.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

LOL at SOS, so that means Troy Smith gets a pass on Green Bay then right??
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

Sure if you think GB is better than NO, Atlanta or Philly.

Troy isn't rookie..he's been in the league for 4 years. Against equal compitition he has performed worse than Alex and against weaker compitition he's performed better.

I'm not seeing anything that gives me a reason to believe in Troy. He is supposed to be more maneuver but gets sacked more, he's supposed to have a stronger arm, but he can't aim. He's a better leader that can't seem to find the open man.

Not sayin Alex is the answer, but I believe he's better than Troy.

Alex has been in for 6 years and looks worse, not to mention A. Smith has more game experience.

If we're winning with Troy why not stick with Troy, why is it so hard understand.

He does not look worse (nor has he been in the league for 6 years if you want to get technical, he'll have been in the NFL for 6 years after this season, and only played a total of 3 1/8 seasons - not all of them starts - through 5 3/4 seasons).

troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

They are, and the playaction is working like magic more often than not (which it wasn't at all when Alex was in there for whatever reason).
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

He gets a pass on the loss, that was not all on him at all (remember, QB's don't have W/L records). But he doesn't get a pass on the way he played.
Troy is a Backup QB.
I think of him as a #2.

I really don't find a lot wrong with him. If anything, I blame the coaching staff for not turning him lose to see what he can do.

This coaching staff is so conservative, that it hurts to watch.
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

They are, and the playaction is working like magic more often than not (which it wasn't at all when Alex was in there for whatever reason).

We rarely used PA if at all when Alex was the Starter. Only started using it more consistently when Troy was installed.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
troy smith 3-2
alex smith 1-6

We rarely used PA if at all when Alex was the Starter. Only started using it more consistently when Troy was installed.

~Ceadder

Well put Alex back in there and try it again. Only it might not work anymore with Frank out for the season. Gore had to be a big part of why it was working once they started using it a lot more in the first place.
Share 49ersWebzone