LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Are we done thinking Troy Smith is doing good?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Let me answer your question with another question young grasshopper.

Are Niners fans even done with Alex Smith yet?

I think Troy has some time.

What are you smoking Joe?

It's obvious they don't trust Troy with the ball. It's not about whether so and so is done or so and so sucks. I don't believe either statement for either QB. They both have their issues and they both have their positives.

Right now however the BIG negative working against Troy is the staff doesn't trust him. And that should decide who is the Starter from here on out.

So in that vain I say Start Carr.

~Ceadder

no way, dude. they'll bring up nate from ps before they do that...hahah

I really think we should let alex back in a play out his contract!! I mean, dude is in his final 4 games as a 49er. Let him at least go out w/ style. We know troy smith is cool with his visor, and his michael vick like mojo but dude is way to inaccurate. Let alex back in, we'll score some points, and ladi frickn da...hopefully there wont be a lock out
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Let me answer your question with another question young grasshopper.

Are Niners fans even done with Alex Smith yet?

I think Troy has some time.

What are you smoking Joe?

It's obvious they don't trust Troy with the ball. It's not about whether so and so is done or so and so sucks. I don't believe either statement for either QB. They both have their issues and they both have their positives.

Right now however the BIG negative working against Troy is the staff doesn't trust him. And that should decide who is the Starter from here on out.

So in that vain I say Start Carr.

~Ceadder

no way, dude. they'll bring up nate from ps before they do that...hahah

I really think we should let alex back in a play out his contract!! I mean, dude is in his final 4 games as a 49er. Let him at least go out w/ style. We know troy smith is cool with his visor, and his michael vick like mojo but dude is way to inaccurate. Let alex back in, we'll score some points, and ladi frickn da...hopefully there wont be a lock out

I'm in agreement floyd. I was just being sarcastic to short sheet the ABAA. You know that if I don't do that the Association will be all over my ass for being a fanboi.

~Ceadder
I really would like to see Alex back in for the last four games of the season. He simply deserves it, since he is at least as good as Troy and has a much better knowledge of the playbook. Since the Denver game, Troy has been declining. For me, Alex gives us a better chance to win these three divisonal games we need to win. Go Niners.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So I guess 5 games is the going rate to see if your a capable QB or not....brilliant!!!

Let me ask you this, why is Alex Smith still on the team then.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by littleken:
He was super accurate against the Broncos, short or deep throws. He hasn't been a very accurate passer since.

Like all players "coached" by this staff the more "coaching" they get the worse they play!

I gotta say, I like Troys game better than Alex's.
Alex is a boring and predictable loser.
Troy lacks polish but makes up for it with style!

In the end it really doesn't matter, they are both playing for back-up roles, here or elsewhere in the league.

Alex Smith will never be a winning Starting QB in the NFL write it down book
it, bet on it, mortgage your momma's house on it!

Troy, shows signs he MIGHT be a winner in the NFL but don't put any real money on him to be a starter!

Well said, my sentiments exactly. Regardless I still don't want to watch any more football with Alex Smith as the QB. It is pointless. the season is OFICIALLY ( I know it was over long ago after the 0-5 start) over so we might as well see if Nate Davis can win a few games in garbage time. If we don't let Nate play is is a big waste of time for both the niners and Nate. If he can't get playing time release him from the practice squad. Man out coaching staff sucks the big one.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So I guess 5 games is the going rate to see if your a capable QB or not....brilliant!!!

Because then, the film showed that virtually no QB could have done much with the scheme and team around said QB. After weeks of improved scheme and OL, now it is the QB that is failing on his very own.
Statistically Carr is our best QB and who would want to start him?

Lets let Troy continue and see if he can develope into something by the end of the year...
I am done thinking this entire team is good.

Troy isn't rookie..he's been in the league for 4 years. Against equal compitition he has performed worse than Alex and against weaker compitition he's performed better.

I'm not seeing anything that gives me a reason to believe in Troy. He is supposed to be more maneuver but gets sacked more, he's supposed to have a stronger arm, but he can't aim. He's a better leader that can't seem to find the open man.

Not sayin Alex is the answer, but I believe he's better than Troy.
Originally posted by job2436:
Come on people, seriously, Troy has had his fifteen minutes of fame, the bench awaits him.

I never thought he was doing good (except the Rams game) and never thought he should be starting for the long term. I did however hope he proved me wrong, but he hasn't come close (although I was happy when we signed him and am happy he's on the team if needed).

lol. bullseye.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Gavintech.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Statistically Carr is our best QB and who would want to start him?

He of the 23.6 passer rating!
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
i have to check the film before i respond to this topic.

i think troy is doing a good job. i think he should start next year. he is way better than alex in my opinion. alex just can't hang on an nfl level. give troy next year. but he should have some fresh competition in training camp.

lol, you guys will never get over it, its pretty sad
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Troy isn't rookie..he's been in the league for 4 years. Against equal compitition he has performed worse than Alex and against weaker compitition he's performed better.

I'm not seeing anything that gives me a reason to believe in Troy. He is supposed to be more maneuver but gets sacked more, he's supposed to have a stronger arm, but he can't aim. He's a better leader that can't seem to find the open man.

Not sayin Alex is the answer, but I believe he's better than Troy.

Alex has been in for 6 years and looks worse, not to mention A. Smith has more game experience.

If we're winning with Troy why not stick with Troy, why is it so hard understand.
Share 49ersWebzone