There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Football: A pitiful (embarrassing) product!

I've loved this team since I was 11 ('81) and it's absolutely sickening to see this product on the field. Yes, we've had a proud heritage, but that doesn't matter in 2010. I'm living in the here and now and WE FLAT OUT STINK! The Yorks have produced something no one wants to see and their franchise is losing value. They ought to be ashamed. What's worse? It's that our owner would even want to be a part of the playoff picture with state of this terrible team. The playoffs shouldn't even be in our vocabulary. The Yorks ought be sickened by the fact that so many (once proud) Niner fans now have to be embarrasssed of this team.

Of course I'm still a LOYAL fan, but it doesn't mean I'm proud of the state of this franchise & neither should the Yorks. Shame on you! You have let us all down.
The Yorks only did what the 'tard fanbase and media wanted when they hired Singletary. Everyone drunk the Sing Kool-Aid, and only a few intelligent people warned of the upcoming disaster. Fans have themselves to thank for this.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
The Yorks only did what the 'tard fanbase and media wanted when they hired Singletary. Everyone drunk the Sing Kool-Aid, and only a few intelligent people warned of the upcoming disaster. Fans have themselves to thank for this.

I completely agree. Everyone thought this was the year we'd be back in the playoffs... I'll admit I even thought that.

The main reason why the 49ers have been so bad for so long is lack of consistency. Yeah that's right. Consistency. It's not Alex Smith's fault, Singletary's fault, Jimmy Rays or even Jed Yorks (who I believe is the best thing that's happened to this team in years). Everyone wants a scapegoat but really the niners biggest problem has been not having a consistent offensive philosphy that the players can get used to. Unfortunately, that's really nobody's fault. The NFL is business and who would have thoguht that many OC's would either have left or have had to get fired?

Aside from my two cents, the last thing I want to say (more like vent) is that I'm sick of this team. I'm serious. I was sitting next to my buddy watching the packer game and after watching the first quarter I practically told him how the Packers were going to beat the niners... sure enough! Same ol niners... I'm sick of this!

I hope the niners can get Gruden or another proven head coach. Preferably an offensive minded coach. As far as QB’s go… I know Andrew Luck will most likely be a number one overall pick, but I wouldn’t mind giving up the farm for that guy. He’s the real deal IMO.

One last thing... I'm not buying a single word mentioned at the 'State of the Franchise' meetings. What a bunch of empty promises... total hype!
[ Edited by mustangmele on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:06 AM ]

You were right...

No, wait...

Everyone thought we'd be back in the playoffs, not because of anything we did, but because the rest of the teams stunk so badly how could we not finish ahead of them. This is no way to build a team folks.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to NOT put some blame on the current and past coaches. These coaches deserve a lot of the blame! We've made some terrible hires and it's been proven in our inconsistent and under par play. Singletary should NEVER have been given an NFL head coaching job with no prior experience. This is a reflection on the ownership and it's naive approach to running an NFL franchise. I'm glad Jed is atleast taking somewhat of an active approach with the team, but he still has a LOT to learn & unfortunately we're his training ground. Like so many have stated before, we need NFL experience running our team (i.e. GM and coach).

I knew Alex Smith was a questionable pick as soon as it was announced. Sure I can say that now, but it was true even then. It was an unfortunate year to have the #1 pick and unfortunately, we needed a QB. We chose wrong and here we are years later, still struggling.

The ultimate slap in our face is that WE'RE NOT EVEN RELEVANT ANYMORE. Analyst don't look at this team as legitimate competitive team. Sure, sometimes we beat weak teams, but overall, we're a pathetic team. I'm so tired of getting disrespected and having our ownership make it even worse by mentioning the freaking playoffs! I'm glad he's positive and still supporting our team, but he's got to be realistic too and know that this team in is dire need of an over haul.
I love the 49ers they are the best team in the nfl between 1981-1994 we won 5 superbowl rings. Since then we have won nothing I grew up in Richmond California. Since I was to young to remember Superbowl or bust was our motto anything less than a superbowl was considered a failure.It is pitiful and embarrassing how far we have fallen from those times. The Yorks need to give Eddie D his team back they have ruined our once proud franchise its painful to watch. The great Bill Walsh laid out a blueprint for offensive sucess its called the West Coast offense we dont run it anymore and that why our offense sucks. The successful teams such as the eagles and packers are two of the most explosive and high scoring offenses in the league both west coast offenses. The 49ers need to go back to what has worked in the past and present for other teams like Mike Holmgrens packers and seahawks or John Gruden's Bucs also Andy Reids eagles & Mike Shannahans Broncos all these teams have won or been to superbowls running west coast offense. I hope we can get offensive minded head coach John Gruden or Mike Holmgren with west coast offensive roots to bring 49ers back to the superbowl. I cant stand to watch this embarrassing pitiful product anymore we need to bring back the glory years.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home